7.2

1. Lyn
    Jun 1, 2014
    One of the critics compared this to "Blue Valentine," which is ridiculous. In the latter film, Michelle William and Ryan Gosling make you care about what happens to the couple. (Admittedly, it's sad.) In this one, you figure out how their little melodrama should end way before the lead characters do.
  2. Mar 28, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Never felt any passion, I didn't root for them and what's up with the ending? They both realized they lost what they had? they will live in misery for the rest of their lives? Any remorse for screwing up others, more than once? If it smoldered, if I cried with them, if I felt anything, I would forgive them. But alas....just a mostly arid, depiction of love built, love tested, love teetering, love lost.
    Some nice editing, a flash here and there,not quite poor, but close (C-).
  3. Feb 23, 2012
    They have the same phone. And that's what my unconscious mind was thinking whilst my conscious mind was being bored to death. She's hot thouugh so that's what the one point is for.
  4. Dec 11, 2011
    I'm getting to the gist of it. It was a horrible movie that just wouldn't end and when it did it was like a big giant middle finger. The first 30 minutes was beautiful and then it became a repetitive cycle of awkward, stupid, and mind numbing. This movie was anything but awe-inspiring. If you decide to watch it despite warnings at least buy a big bucket of popcorn... you'll need it.
  5. Dec 10, 2011
    As a fan of indie-films I tried liking Like Crazy, I even thought the last 30 minutes of it was okay. However, the entire two-thirds of this movie just wasn't doing it for me. The story itself just wasn't that spectacular, and the director didn't do much to make the movie itself spectacular. It showcased some free-flowing editing that added a stylistic touch, but ultimately it did the characters little justice as we weren't given the time to empathize with them. The film was basically a slideshow, that hinted at events, but never fully realizes it. Despite the film being emotionally void, I did appreciate the performances which were naturalistic and true, but wasn't enough to save this movie from mediocrity. Expand
  6. Nov 25, 2011
    This experience isn't enough to make a movie about. I know people who've had experiences something like that -- some years of love, difficulty, breaking up, getting back together. It happens, but it's not enough. also, there was too much of beautiful faces, drinking, laughing people. Didn't anything ever happen to these people, when they didn't have a glass in their hands?

1. Reviewed by: Liz Beardsworth
    Jan 30, 2012
    Felicity Jones shines in Drake Doremus' deceptively simple romance, a refreshing take on an age-old dilemma.
  2. Reviewed by: Connie Ogle
    Nov 17, 2011
    If you're making a movie that purports to be about real love, at the very least, you have to make the audience care whether the lovers work out their problems.
  3. Reviewed by: Roger Moore
    Nov 16, 2011
    Yelchin doesn't generate the same warmth or passion that Jones does. That is partly by design, as this whole affair was her idea, after all.