8.7

1. Apr 11, 2013
    I went in expecting a sort of non-violent comedy along the lines of Toy Story but what I saw was in fact rather disturbing: Abusive language, child abuse, psychopathy, several attempts at murder and the constant threat of violence looming over the character's heads.

I don't mind any of the above in a movie but I wasn't expecting it to be featured in a Disney cartoon and it completely put me off. I don't know why you'd take children to see this kind of show, even Duckman is more suitable for young children than this tripe.

I didn't find the movie very touching or funny either, the characters moved about the place as if though they're made of fluids, the faces of all the people are distorted to the point where they do not seem human any more and the aliens are unusually cruel to one another.

Lilo & Stitch can not be identified with, one is a psychopathic mutant bred for mayhem and the other is a child with severe emotional detachment issues.

NOT suitable for children. I went in with the wrong expectations but the subject matter is definitely one for adults despite the toys and the supposed target audience.
  2. MelissaT.
    Jan 3, 2003
    Had its moments, but all in all, a rather disappointing effort in terms of both animation and storytelling.
  3. PamelaB.
    Jul 21, 2002
    On the one hand, Lilo and Stitch is a pleasure to watch because of those great backgrounds, good characters (Lilo, Nani, and David), and upbeat music. But there is very little to like about Stitch, an unlovable character who contaminates an otherwise promising story revolving around Nani's attempt to keep it together to prevent Lilo from placed in foster care. Lilo is cute as a On the one hand, Lilo and Stitch is a pleasure to watch because of those great backgrounds, good characters (Lilo, Nani, and David), and upbeat music. But there is very little to like about Stitch, an unlovable character who contaminates an otherwise promising story revolving around Nani's attempt to keep it together to prevent Lilo from placed in foster care. Lilo is cute as a button, but the writing is awful, and it is a violent, menacing, and disturbing story in many respects. If you have never seen "Men in Black", for example, the character of Cora Bubbles is truly frightening, and to have him in the role of a social worker is appalling. I think Chris Sanders should have taken his schtick to Saturday Night Live; he makes it plainer than ever that Disney films are made for the adults viewing them. That's why I think the reviews are so glowing; has anyone bothered to review this film from a child's perspective? There's a lot of disturbing stuff in there, like when Nani goes to work and leaves the sevenish (?) Lilo to look after herself all day and to "stay out of traffic". Expand
  4. WilliamM.
    Feb 8, 2003
    THIS SUCKED!!!!!
  5. JakeC.
    May 9, 2006
    The movie was great. it was creative and it made sense(quite) however the series was very disappointing. hated it! the story was stupid because the situation are unrealistic and do not correspond to past event which create a realistic scene. u said stich was immune to the powers of other experiments, howcome the producers never followed this stry lyn. sorry but the sereis stinks. plls The movie was great. it was creative and it made sense(quite) however the series was very disappointing. hated it! the story was stupid because the situation are unrealistic and do not correspond to past event which create a realistic scene. u said stich was immune to the powers of other experiments, howcome the producers never followed this stry lyn. sorry but the sereis stinks. plls post this even if its negative. the crew should consider my opinion to improve their production. Expand
  6. MichelleP.
    Oct 8, 2002
    I was so disappointed about this movie. Stitch looks cute, but he's so destructive, he's unlikable. The Hawaii setting was pretty but not homey. there should've been more closer realtionship Lilo had with Stitch. It should've been more like the realtionship Elliot had with E.T. And what was the sudden fascination with Elvis?!
  7. ZoeK.
    Oct 19, 2002
    This is the worst disney animated movie I've seen. I wish disney would just stick to making animated movies based on popular fairy tales, myths, or something that happened in the past in real life (such as movies like "Mulan" and "Hercules"). The animation in this movie is a bit too cartoonish, and Disney just can't capture the beauty of Hawaii.
  8. JoJoL.
    Jun 26, 2002
    I'm going to be generous for the achievement in animation that is Disney's staple. But as for story and development and lack of originality and just plain annoyance and boredom, it should get zip.

1. The most original and amusing animation in recent memory. Kids will love its fantasy and adventure, and grownups should appreciate its whimsical humor.
  2. The animation in Lilo & Stitch has an engaging retro-simple vivacity, and it's nice to see a movie for tots make use of Elvis Presley, but the story is witless and oddly defanged.
  3. Reviewed by: Claudia Puig
    The soundtrack is mostly Elvis tunes, and Stitch even does an adorable impersonation of the King. As Elvis might put it, you can't help falling in love with Lilo & Stitch.