8.7

1. Jan 26, 2014
    A wonderful kids movie and film, Lilo and Stitch combines familiar elements and adds a Hawaiian theme to create a heartfelt motion picture that even the adults will enjoy.
  2. Sep 1, 2014
    Lilo & Stitch is a whole lot of heart and a whole lot of entertainment. Disney's impressive look at those different from us is touching and imaginative. We especially love the nod to Elvis.
  3. Oct 5, 2011
    Compared to other Disney movies "Lilo & Stitch" is too fragile to sustain the mantle of honor. However, it still is a heartwarming animation that will have a great lasting appeal to the audience.
  4. Nov 30, 2013
    One of the best movies Disney movies.The artful animation is just one of the many great qualities this film has to offer. Take an alien in Hawaii and throw in some Elvis, and it is makes for an amazing movie.
  5. Jan 12, 2013
    One of the best animated films ever.
  6. Feb 23, 2011
    One of the few Disney animated movies from the 2000s that I actually loved. Chris Sanders sure does know how to direct a movie (he directed "How to Train Your Dragon" as well). And Stitch is one of my favorite Disney characters (tied with Captain Jack Sparrow for first place).
  7. Jul 4, 2013
    Quirky, you might call Disney's "Lilo & Stitch", but in most cases, "Quirky" is what makes this film stand out. "Lilo & Stitch" is funny and has heart; a quality that good films have, but what stands in its way. "Lilo & Stitch" focuses on bringing families together, and with that, involves kid-themes. Lots of parts of the movie is chasing, which can get a bit hectic at times, after seeingQuirky, you might call Disney's "Lilo & Stitch", but in most cases, "Quirky" is what makes this film stand out. "Lilo & Stitch" is funny and has heart; a quality that good films have, but what stands in its way. "Lilo & Stitch" focuses on bringing families together, and with that, involves kid-themes. Lots of parts of the movie is chasing, which can get a bit hectic at times, after seeing Stitch running and getting chased by, but this overall theme is okay. While the movie's characters are weird and funky, they are fun, but not well played out. Alot of cheap humor spreads in this film, and that's okay to most, but annoying to others. "Lilo & Stitch" stands out when the relationship between Lilo, Nani, and Stitch, and their quote on family is touching. Nani, who is an older sister does appeal to older children, while Lilo appeals to younger children. The connection bringing them together somehow works. Overall, "Lilo & Stitch" may be troubling when they focus to deliver to young children, but their themes on family is touching in the end. Expand
  8. Apr 11, 2013
    I went in expecting a sort of non-violent comedy along the lines of Toy Story but what I saw was in fact rather disturbing: Abusive language, child abuse, psychopathy, several attempts at murder and the constant threat of violence looming over the character's heads.

I don't mind any of the above in a movie but I wasn't expecting it to be featured in a Disney cartoon and it completely put me off. I don't know why you'd take children to see this kind of show, even Duckman is more suitable for young children than this tripe.

I didn't find the movie very touching or funny either, the characters moved about the place as if though they're made of fluids, the faces of all the people are distorted to the point where they do not seem human any more and the aliens are unusually cruel to one another.

Lilo & Stitch can not be identified with, one is a psychopathic mutant bred for mayhem and the other is a child with severe emotional detachment issues.

NOT suitable for children. I went in with the wrong expectations but the subject matter is definitely one for adults despite the toys and the supposed target audience.
  9. May 13, 2015
    This is a really wonderful movie and a great addition to the Disney canon. It's always nice to see Disney movies taking place in our world, rather than a far away fairy tale place, instead bringing in the far-away from outer space. It's also great to see an alternative family structure represented, and the very real struggle of keeping a family together when it doesn't fit the story bookThis is a really wonderful movie and a great addition to the Disney canon. It's always nice to see Disney movies taking place in our world, rather than a far away fairy tale place, instead bringing in the far-away from outer space. It's also great to see an alternative family structure represented, and the very real struggle of keeping a family together when it doesn't fit the story book mold of a nuclear family with two parents.

Stitch is a wonderfully compelling character, as he has all kinds of powers but also can't understand certain really basic concepts. I think that it's easy to identify with Stitch's frustration with so many aspects of the world, and his inability to deal with his feelings. It's also trait he shares with Lilo in a way, since she too has so many feelings that she doesn't know how to deal with.

The movie is of course beautifully drawn and animated, with the Hawaiian backdrop providing gorgeous source material. The score and the original songs are also lovely, adding to the movie's richness. This is just such a fantastic film in so many ways. I don't even know how many times I've watched it, but I know I'll watch it again in another year or two. A wonderful, charming, beautiful movie.
  10. May 28, 2012
    At first glance, Lilo and Stitch seems a lot like E.T. An alien is found and cared for by a small child from a broken home, while the alien learns to adjust to the world. But rather than dismiss Lilo and Stitch as a rip off of the famed film, I suggest seeing the film for yourself (if you haven't already). It's worth seeing.

There are several differences in the story that are enough to

There are several differences in the story that are enough to make Lilo and Stitch feel like it's own. For one, the location is in Hawaii, which adds a nice atmosphere to Lilo and Stitch. The situation with the family is even more dire; Lilo, a little girl, may be taken away from her older sister who is parenting her due to death of their father.

Stitch, the furry and vicious beast from outer space has escaped execution by crash-landing on Earth. But after being hit by a semi-truck, Stitch is put into a dog pound (though no one's sure quite what he is), and is eventually adopted by Lilo, much to her sister's dismay.

The animation is some of the best I've seen in a 2D animated film. This is most evident in the water scenes, and during a spaceship chase/fight towards the end. A rainbow of colors decorate the animation giving the film a vibrant and upbeat feel, even during some of the more emotionally intense scenes.

Lilo and Stitch manages to be rather funny, though not as much as other Disney efforts. The best lines come from the disgustingly underused alien, Pleakley. Other characters get less amusing jokes (with Stitch carrying most of the extra bulk).

Also, Lilo and Stitch incorporates many lyrical songs in the background (many of them being Elvis oriented). Usually, lyrical songs in the background can be extremely irritating or distracting, but it works for the film's advantage here.

Unfortunately, the title characters can be extremely un-likeable at times, which makes it hard to root for them. Also, as fun as Lilo and Stitch can be, it's also a bit exhausting. Lilo and Stitch is certainly not at the top of my favorite Disney films, but it's funny enough, beautifully animated, and unique, if a little odd.
  11. Feb 18, 2012
    This movie is a little piece of heaven. Then, Disney started making pointless sequels and a totally stupid animated series, and **** up the name of Lilo & Stitch.
  12. Nov 24, 2014
    This movie is just so, so lovely. It effortlessly melds space opera, contemporary family drama, and the beautiful culture of Hawaii into one film. It isn't afraid to get edgy - there is a rawness to the drama and the characters are all flawed individuals, yet they remain very likeable, and because of their distinct personalities some of the most relatable characters in the entire DisneyThis movie is just so, so lovely. It effortlessly melds space opera, contemporary family drama, and the beautiful culture of Hawaii into one film. It isn't afraid to get edgy - there is a rawness to the drama and the characters are all flawed individuals, yet they remain very likeable, and because of their distinct personalities some of the most relatable characters in the entire Disney canon. The gorgeous watercolor backgrounds and the idealized beauty of the settings are a perfect contrast to the sometimes messy story. Beautiful animation, great story - Lilo & Stitch has it all! Expand
  13. Dec 10, 2013
    Uninspiring. This is the only word that can come to my mind when asked about the movie, as well as the only word that could describe this movie.

Disney's 2002 blockbuster hit "Lilo and Stitch" is a movie that's primary focus was absolutely nothing more than style over substance. This is the best example of the famous phrase, "Looks can be deceiving". While the scenery, color, and animation was well done, this is were Lilo and Stitch's credentials come to a halt.

While the plot was somewhat unoriginal, it had potential, but just couldn't deliver. A mutant named Experiment 626 comes to Earth from another planet and befriends an emotionally detached young girl, engaging in adventures together. In spite of this, Disney fails to deliver an interesting story, fails to give the viewer enjoyable and likeable characters, and fails to provide any sort of humor. Finally, the mutant itself, otherwise known as "Stitch". Intended to be the most likeable character, he is absolutely nothing more than an annoying, obnoxious, and disrespectful nuisance, whose true sole purpose was to be a waste of space for everyone else.

In conclusion, while the animation was incredibly well done, "Lilo and Stitch" is nothing more than a waste of time and money. The only people who could enjoy this sort of movie are nuisances like Experiment 626 himself. 5/10
  14. RickJ.G.
    Jul 5, 2002
    Because I loved Stitch. I like the movie's story of two social outcasts, one the creation of laboratory genetics and the other a troubled pre-adolscent girl, who find each other in this movie. Don't over-analize this one either folks. It's a children's movie. Relax and have some fun with it.
  15. PhoongPeiY.
    Sep 6, 2002
    This movie is just plain good. there is no other words that can describe how good is this movie. Both children and adult should show the movie.
  16. AmberG.
    Oct 23, 2003
    ~ALOHA~This is my favorite disney movie! It might be because I am Hawaiian but I love Lilo and Stitch, they are adorable characters. I also like it because it teaches people a little more about Hawaiian culture which is cool because not many people know a whole lot if anything about Hawaiian culture.
  17. MelissaT.
    Jan 3, 2003
    Had its moments, but all in all, a rather disappointing effort in terms of both animation and storytelling.
  18. RodC.
    Dec 16, 2002
    A simple little story that touched the hearts of my children.
  19. AlexN.
    Dec 20, 2002
    I loved this movie it made me laugh and cry and really relate to the characters. It is the best movie I have seen in ages.
  20. Steph
    Oct 8, 2002
    I think Stitch is sooooooooo cute and i would luv to have him as a pet. This film is the best i have seen these hols. better the austin powers 3!
  21. TonyS.
    Jun 23, 2002
    The original idea could make anyone skeptical, but this movie works in so many ways. Hilarious, heartwarming, sad (altogether more emotional than Minority Report), this movie is so well based in reality it's almost hard to watch at times. If you know even a little Pidgin English and Hawaiian phrases you'll like it even more!
  22. Carly
    Jun 25, 2002
    No self-respecting Disney fan can say that it wasn't a relief to see an original Disney movie after several years of unrelenting Disney sequels. Lilo & Stitch has an interesting plot line, and, while computer animation may be all the rage, by classical animation standards this movie was extrememly well drawn. The jokes are subtle, but I definately found myself laughing out loud. No self-respecting Disney fan can say that it wasn't a relief to see an original Disney movie after several years of unrelenting Disney sequels. Lilo & Stitch has an interesting plot line, and, while computer animation may be all the rage, by classical animation standards this movie was extrememly well drawn. The jokes are subtle, but I definately found myself laughing out loud. Disney really tried something different with this movie, and I'm glad. I don't think I could stand another sequel. Expand
  23. ChadS.
    Jun 29, 2002
    Hawaiian activists may beg to differ (it offends them to see tourists, not to mention a blue alien dance the hula), but most residents of the Aloha state are pleased with how our islands were rendered in this delightful animated film. Perhaps, it could've been better if the filmmakers had enough trust in their girl and "dog" to carry the picture, without having those two aliens Hawaiian activists may beg to differ (it offends them to see tourists, not to mention a blue alien dance the hula), but most residents of the Aloha state are pleased with how our islands were rendered in this delightful animated film. Perhaps, it could've been better if the filmmakers had enough trust in their girl and "dog" to carry the picture, without having those two aliens adding needless tension. E.T. and Elliott had some quiet time before the feds showed up. Expand
  24. BarclayL.
    Jul 10, 2002
    YOU FORGOT TO SAY FLUFFY!!!!!!!!! Go see this movie and you'll understand the above reference....its great, take the kids and go enjoy. If you don't have kids, take yourself...its a lot of fun!!!
  25. PamelaB.
    Jul 21, 2002
    On the one hand, Lilo and Stitch is a pleasure to watch because of those great backgrounds, good characters (Lilo, Nani, and David), and upbeat music. But there is very little to like about Stitch, an unlovable character who contaminates an otherwise promising story revolving around Nani's attempt to keep it together to prevent Lilo from placed in foster care. Lilo is cute as a On the one hand, Lilo and Stitch is a pleasure to watch because of those great backgrounds, good characters (Lilo, Nani, and David), and upbeat music. But there is very little to like about Stitch, an unlovable character who contaminates an otherwise promising story revolving around Nani's attempt to keep it together to prevent Lilo from placed in foster care. Lilo is cute as a button, but the writing is awful, and it is a violent, menacing, and disturbing story in many respects. If you have never seen "Men in Black", for example, the character of Cora Bubbles is truly frightening, and to have him in the role of a social worker is appalling. I think Chris Sanders should have taken his schtick to Saturday Night Live; he makes it plainer than ever that Disney films are made for the adults viewing them. That's why I think the reviews are so glowing; has anyone bothered to review this film from a child's perspective? There's a lot of disturbing stuff in there, like when Nani goes to work and leaves the sevenish (?) Lilo to look after herself all day and to "stay out of traffic". Expand
  26. DebbieB.
    Jul 4, 2002
    Anyone who could poo poo this movie must have been at the wrong one! Open your eyes folks, this is one of the best movies put out by Disney since the lion king.
  27. JessicaP.
    Jul 9, 2002
    It's probably the best animated movie I've seen yet! Stitch is sooo funny and Lilo is really like my sister. This show and my life really connect and relate to each other. This show really made me cry and laugh and even sqirm to one side of my chair. The movie was brilliant!
  28. EricS.
    Aug 12, 2002
    Takes the kid-befriends-alien cliche and reinvents it through the usage of ingenious animation, timely situations, loveable characters, and a neat quirk all it's own--Elvis music.
  29. SandraB.
    Aug 14, 2002
    Nothing....IT'S SO CUTE and GREAT!!!! especially STITCH!!!! =)
  30. EmmaB.
    Sep 8, 2002
    I never ever ever ever ever want to see another computer generated animation flick again!!! and the elvis tunes rocked!!! it's a pity that they had to increase the action factor for today's kids - a little slower tempo (like dumbo, snow white, lion king etc) could have allowed a little better characterisation.
  31. WilliamM.
    Feb 8, 2003
    THIS SUCKED!!!!!
  32. GabrielleG.
    Mar 7, 2003
    It was one of the best.
  33. DerekH.
    May 6, 2003
    Great. im not a big disney fan either.
  34. PaulaM.
    May 8, 2003
    Man, you guys must REALLY not be disney fans, because you obviously haven't seen any of them (other than this one) *cough* Lion King *cough*
  35. Justin
    May 8, 2003
    Well what can you say. I am not a disney fan but watched this moving with my Kids and WOW this is Warner Bros breakthough in Disney name. The Humor is fractured and corny, and the animation is nicely hand drawn and not relying on flashy computer systems to clean it up. I loved it as a return to the Golden age of WB and Disney when Animation was art, not Computer Science.
  36. KendraH.
    Aug 6, 2003
    This movie rocked! It was funny. Any dork who gave it a 3 or 4 because they thought it was to violent, meancing, or boring needs to open their eyes and ears!! It was funny, exiting, and was all around a good story. If it was violent why is it not rated R?!!? It was not violent. Violence is all around us so if you thought it was violent don't walk outside or do any thing. And Stich This movie rocked! It was funny. Any dork who gave it a 3 or 4 because they thought it was to violent, meancing, or boring needs to open their eyes and ears!! It was funny, exiting, and was all around a good story. If it was violent why is it not rated R?!!? It was not violent. Violence is all around us so if you thought it was violent don't walk outside or do any thing. And Stich was a cute little guy, and Lilo was a sweet misunderstood little girl. Life goes on. Walt Disney.. GO! I'm 11 and I know kids younger than me who think it rocked hard core! Just because Nani hit Stich with a stupid stick does not immedtially mean this movie is violent. She was angry and scared for Lilo! If you lost an sibling or if they were kidnapped you would be frantic and do anything to get them back! Em I right???!!! And the scemery was so gorgous! This movie was NOT violent or bad in ANY way. WALT DISNEY EAT YOUR HEART OUT :) Expand
  37. ToniR.
    May 4, 2004
    Stitch rulez becuz he can kick gantus butt and is alwayz there when lilo needs him. stitch makes me laugh everytime. EGNA KNARLAKRISTA! ROCK ON STITCH!
  38. changj.
    Jul 8, 2005
    Awsome.
  39. y.s.
    Sep 10, 2005
    i cant stop watching the movie!, i loved it so much!!!
  40. JakeC.
    May 9, 2006
    The movie was great. it was creative and it made sense(quite) however the series was very disappointing. hated it! the story was stupid because the situation are unrealistic and do not correspond to past event which create a realistic scene. u said stich was immune to the powers of other experiments, howcome the producers never followed this stry lyn. sorry but the sereis stinks. plls The movie was great. it was creative and it made sense(quite) however the series was very disappointing. hated it! the story was stupid because the situation are unrealistic and do not correspond to past event which create a realistic scene. u said stich was immune to the powers of other experiments, howcome the producers never followed this stry lyn. sorry but the sereis stinks. plls post this even if its negative. the crew should consider my opinion to improve their production. Expand
  41. LaurynH.
    Nov 10, 2002
    I absolutely loved this film. the quirky characteristics of the....well.....characters were brilliant. somehow disney had managed to make something look both evil and cute! i laughed, cried (twice!) and loved it.
  42. SamP.
    Nov 14, 2002
    Yes I'm a boy. And Yes Disney movies suck! I saw "Lilo and Stitch" w/ my grandma and younger brother. Since the NYTimes, Roger Ebert, and my local paper gave it a rave review I thought it was worth a try! And I'm glad I went cause the movie is the best disney movie to date !!!! The animation is beautiful. Full of rich color and dreamy backgrounds. The story, though childish, Yes I'm a boy. And Yes Disney movies suck! I saw "Lilo and Stitch" w/ my grandma and younger brother. Since the NYTimes, Roger Ebert, and my local paper gave it a rave review I thought it was worth a try! And I'm glad I went cause the movie is the best disney movie to date !!!! The animation is beautiful. Full of rich color and dreamy backgrounds. The story, though childish, wasnt as DiSnEyFiEd as usual. I cant believe people complained about the un-likeness of Stitch."He's bad in the movie! You cant like a bad character!" Not only did Stitch destroy everything in the movie he destroyed the coating of a fake, corny, sentimental storyline that has plagued Disney movies more often then not. Stitch made the movie interesting. He wasnt intended to be a sweet character! He didnt sing craptastic songs. Didnt say craptacular dialogue. He was Stitch. He WAS the movie. He's violent, disobient, obnoxious, noisy, and lovable. Actually he was the most likable animated character ever put on celluloid. So if you dont want to see a movie that has a little spice to it , a little interest to it. If you dont want to see anything like that, do us all a favor and GO HOME AND WATCH "BAMBI"! Expand
  43. JonathanL.
    Nov 7, 2002
    This is a great movie.
  44. JessicaM.
    Oct 19, 2002
    This was the best movie for kids ever created. Who ever said it was tiresome was a true idiot.
  45. ChazB.
    Dec 3, 2002
    I loved it, i thought it was one of disneys best. it had humour and catchy tunes. stitch is such a lovable character i cant see how anyone couldnt of enjoyed it. the story line was morals and lots of emotional details. 10 out of 10-fantabalosa.
  46. AliM.
    Dec 5, 2002
    I loved the film, it shows that no matter what you're like or what you look like you can still get people who see the potential in you. It was funny with a great plot and well it was just awesome, i found that an alien bent on destroying the earth can actualy be tamed and well it starts to come into play, that quote, about music sooths the savage beast. And Elvis with the help of I loved the film, it shows that no matter what you're like or what you look like you can still get people who see the potential in you. It was funny with a great plot and well it was just awesome, i found that an alien bent on destroying the earth can actualy be tamed and well it starts to come into play, that quote, about music sooths the savage beast. And Elvis with the help of Lilo did sooth this savage beast. And on this last note i just have to say that ET has nothing compared to this guy, Stitch is the NEW ET and well he is just as cute as well (if not cuter :P ) Expand
  47. EricC.
    Dec 8, 2002
    Whoever created the character Stitch was a genius. He's a lovable, cuddly character who's also a quirky, savage-like alien at the same time. Every time I saw Stitch, I always want to laugh because all of the funny stuff he does and the way he looks when he does it. While "Lilo & Stitch" may not be Disney's best animated feature, it's definitely a fun picture to watch Whoever created the character Stitch was a genius. He's a lovable, cuddly character who's also a quirky, savage-like alien at the same time. Every time I saw Stitch, I always want to laugh because all of the funny stuff he does and the way he looks when he does it. While "Lilo & Stitch" may not be Disney's best animated feature, it's definitely a fun picture to watch for the whole family, even older audiences. Expand
  48. MichelleP.
    Oct 8, 2002
    I was so disappointed about this movie. Stitch looks cute, but he's so destructive, he's unlikable. The Hawaii setting was pretty but not homey. there should've been more closer realtionship Lilo had with Stitch. It should've been more like the realtionship Elliot had with E.T. And what was the sudden fascination with Elvis?!
  49. ShawnH.
    Jun 22, 2002
    Extremely entertaining and any one who has had to take care of a younger sibling will laugh and feel the heartstings tugged at this tale. Disney's best movie in the y2ks, and maybe since the Lion King. 4 thumbs up (and critics who give it a bad rating know absolutely nothing of which they are talking about. Get the starch out.)
  50. Angel
    Jul 1, 2002
    Lilo and Stich is hilarious! Being from Hawaii, the movie portrayed it pretty damn good. Creative, cute, and touching. A family movie that can be seen many times.
  51. NalaineK.
    Jul 15, 2002
    I was a little afraid of how people of Hawaii would be portrayed in this movie but overall i would have to say, they did a great job!
  52. JinC.
    Jul 6, 2002
    Didn't really want to see this film based on the early 'gag' trailers. but the recent commercials showing clips from the actual cartoon made a viewing irrisistible. stitch is one of the greatest character designs to come out of disney in a looooong while. tremendously cute and as adorable in his innocence as in his benign menace. he alone is worth the price of admission. Didn't really want to see this film based on the early 'gag' trailers. but the recent commercials showing clips from the actual cartoon made a viewing irrisistible. stitch is one of the greatest character designs to come out of disney in a looooong while. tremendously cute and as adorable in his innocence as in his benign menace. he alone is worth the price of admission. it's also refreshing to see disney take some risks in terms of art style. glad that the lukewarm reception to hercules did not scare them off from experimentation. it is as bold as it is successful. the movie is not very well written however. it has a promising premise with echoes of star wars and sci fi like in no other disney film. but the concept itself does not save the haphazard writing. this weakness magnifies the syrupy sappiness that is well incorporated and hidden in disney's more successful works. a lot of the plot elements seem to simply be plucked off of other movies and stuck in - without any kind of setup whatsoever! the plot devices themselves were eminently clever in and of themselves but end up sticking out conspicously when stuffed in without context. a good example of this is the setup for the conditions of stitch's eventual freedom compared to how it actually ends up playing out.... did they forget what they wrote in the beginning of the script or what? and it is traditional to have the protagonist of a film suffer hardship throughout the film - it only makes their triumph truly satisfying. but it struck me as especially ruthless and relentless in this cartoon and somewhat jarring in context of a children's film. perhaps this impression is - like the sappiness - an artifact of uneven writing. finally, the mirroring between lilo and stitch's story lines is simply too blatant to be at all rewarding. in a film like alladin (probably one of the most PRECISELY PLOTTED and technically well written films ever), it is a revelation when you see how the the 3 apparently very diverse protagonists all suffer the same angst and each echo and magnify each other's suffering perfectly. but in l&s, it's so in your face that there is no value except perhaps to a budding, 5 year old film critic who gets his first chance to make an observation about narrative. but that is admittedly nitpicking that the majority of the audience won't care about. l$s is geniunely funny, exciting and really really cute. it will be serviceable entertainment for adult and kid alike. Expand
  53. KelvinB.
    Aug 24, 2002
    This Is The GREATEST Disney Animation I Have Ever Seen! Lilo & Stitch Is Very CUTE! Overall Of The Movie Is Just Great! This Is A Must See Disney Animation!
  54. JonathanN.
    Sep 19, 2002
    An absolute delight to watch. I am hanging out for a TV series now. I loved Stitch, as did everyone else who saw it in the picture house. We all came out with huge smiles, and slightly puffy eyes from a few tears. Stitch is just the cutest coolest character ever.
  55. Candace
    Sep 2, 2002
    One of the best Disney Movies i have seen in a long time (I am 16) and no sappy songs, at one point it made me cry, its a wonderful movie :)
  56. KayleighL.
    Jan 15, 2003
    This movie was something special let me tell you. Ohanu means family. This gives a whole new meaning to people who have broken homes, and I think this is amazing.
  57. CherylT.
    Oct 23, 2003
    One of the best and funniest movies to come out in a long time. The humor appeals to young and old alike and the music is fantastic. A must see movie!!
  58. AngieF.
    Feb 19, 2003
    Great movie for people of all ages. The best disney film i've seen yet. Comedy incorporated in a way that i could of never thought of. Ingenious!!!
  59. ShaneM.
    Feb 24, 2003
    THE VERY BEST!!!
  60. StephB.
    Mar 17, 2003
    Lilo is so adorable! Stitch is soo cute!
  61. DaniB.
    Mar 4, 2003
    I love it- stitch is SO cute!
  62. SarahS.
    Jun 25, 2003
    This movie is now my ALL-TIME favorite! I absolutely loved it! My friend and I always talk about it and use cute quotes from the movie. Stitch: what a cutie!!
  63. JessieS.
    Sep 6, 2004
    It's hilarious and heartwarming, showing how even the worst of enemies... can become the best of friends.
  64. EmmaG.
    Nov 5, 2002
    The cutest and funniest film ive seen in ages!
  65. CarmallD.
    Nov 7, 2002
    The BEST movie ever! Stitch is so cute especially the part when he pulls a gun on the froggy. Lilo & Stitch Rule!
  66. ZoeK.
    Oct 19, 2002
    This is the worst disney animated movie I've seen. I wish disney would just stick to making animated movies based on popular fairy tales, myths, or something that happened in the past in real life (such as movies like "Mulan" and "Hercules"). The animation in this movie is a bit too cartoonish, and Disney just can't capture the beauty of Hawaii.
  67. NatalieW.
    Dec 9, 2002
    Geez, I need therapy. After seeing this movie I found some pretty scary connections me and my dog had with Lilo and Stitch. It gives me the chills...
    Jun 23, 2002
    This movie made me laugh and cry. It is a great movie for the whole family.
  69. Mordecai
    Jun 24, 2002
    Only because it wasn't as good as the Iron Giant. This is a great movie!
  70. JoJoL.
    Jun 26, 2002
    I'm going to be generous for the achievement in animation that is Disney's staple. But as for story and development and lack of originality and just plain annoyance and boredom, it should get zip.
  71. TaraL.
    Jun 28, 2002
    This was a great movie, and my movie standards are very high. The best traditional Disney since The Lion King. Stitch is oddly adorable when he's not bent on destruction! And even then he's a crazy mischievous little alien that appeals to the young and the young-at-heart.
  72. LindsayR.
    Jul 18, 2002
    Oh, yeah, I especially love Jumba. His Accent is absolutley addorable. It's Said he's Rushian,but don't try to kid me, I know a German when I hear one. He is definateley a "Herr" Jumba. No doubt that in the Stitch TV. Series he probably call Lilo his little "Frau."
  73. SummerQ.
    Jul 31, 2002
    Being from hawaii and away from home..this movie made me and mah husband cry..not in a bad way but a very good way...the LOVE..the OHANA..all in all this movie is full of ALOHA!!! I think this movie is one of disneys best...Some ppl r bothered by it because they dont understand..u need to come from there to see...Some others complain about the violence and the characters...come on Being from hawaii and away from home..this movie made me and mah husband cry..not in a bad way but a very good way...the LOVE..the OHANA..all in all this movie is full of ALOHA!!! I think this movie is one of disneys best...Some ppl r bothered by it because they dont understand..u need to come from there to see...Some others complain about the violence and the characters...come on now...everywhere u look there's violence...even on the news or reading a book...Anywayz...this movie is worth seeing again..i cant wait 4 it to come out on DVD..ill b one of the first to buy it... Expand
  74. _-_Ryth_-_
    Nov 12, 2003
    This movie rocks! Stitch is ace!
  75. KathleenL.
    May 11, 2003
    I loved it!! i laughed and cried it was a really good movie! espically to watch with little kids cause then uyou both have a good time.
  76. HenryL.
    May 27, 2003
    I love this!
  77. PaulaW.
    Aug 11, 2003
    About the reviewers who thought Lilo was too unpleasant to like, I have to wonder whether they've been living in a Sears catalog or other hypersanitized environment. What makes Lilo so loveable (besides being cute as the proverbial button) is that she's genuinely weird. She's not just another gorgeous Barbie type stamping her pretty foot to show how "spirited" she is (like About the reviewers who thought Lilo was too unpleasant to like, I have to wonder whether they've been living in a Sears catalog or other hypersanitized environment. What makes Lilo so loveable (besides being cute as the proverbial button) is that she's genuinely weird. She's not just another gorgeous Barbie type stamping her pretty foot to show how "spirited" she is (like a pet pony): she's truly bizarre, with matter-of-fact statements about a fish who controls the weather and her doll whose days are numbered because a bug laid eggs in her ear. Stitch is just adorable, and the supporting characters (Nani and Cobra Bubbles especially) are excellent. The gorgeous retro-style watercolor animation really renders the Hawaiian landscape vividly. My only complaint, and it's a minor one, is that I could have done with fewer musical numbers, but I guess those have to be in there for the kids. I recommend this highly for anyone between the ages of 3 and 103. Expand
  78. inkle
    Sep 22, 2004
    The best movie!!
  79. Kristy
    Nov 13, 2002
    Really good movie, nothing wrong with it.
  80. T.K.
    Dec 12, 2002
    The best Disney film ever!
  81. Aug 31, 2011
    Disney, notoriously known for making the best childrenâ

1. The most original and amusing animation in recent memory. Kids will love its fantasy and adventure, and grownups should appreciate its whimsical humor.
  2. The animation in Lilo & Stitch has an engaging retro-simple vivacity, and it's nice to see a movie for tots make use of Elvis Presley, but the story is witless and oddly defanged.
  3. Reviewed by: Claudia Puig
    The soundtrack is mostly Elvis tunes, and Stitch even does an adorable impersonation of the King. As Elvis might put it, you can't help falling in love with Lilo & Stitch.