8.7

1. PhoongPeiY.
    Sep 6, 2002
    This movie is just plain good. there is no other words that can describe how good is this movie. Both children and adult should show the movie.
  2. AmberG.
    Oct 23, 2003
    ~ALOHA~This is my favorite disney movie! It might be because I am Hawaiian but I love Lilo and Stitch, they are adorable characters. I also like it because it teaches people a little more about Hawaiian culture which is cool because not many people know a whole lot if anything about Hawaiian culture.
  3. RodC.
    Dec 16, 2002
    A simple little story that touched the hearts of my children.
  4. AlexN.
    Dec 20, 2002
    I loved this movie it made me laugh and cry and really relate to the characters. It is the best movie I have seen in ages.
  5. Steph
    Oct 8, 2002
    I think Stitch is sooooooooo cute and i would luv to have him as a pet. This film is the best i have seen these hols. better the austin powers 3!
  6. TonyS.
    Jun 23, 2002
    The original idea could make anyone skeptical, but this movie works in so many ways. Hilarious, heartwarming, sad (altogether more emotional than Minority Report), this movie is so well based in reality it's almost hard to watch at times. If you know even a little Pidgin English and Hawaiian phrases you'll like it even more!
  7. Carly
    Jun 25, 2002
    No self-respecting Disney fan can say that it wasn't a relief to see an original Disney movie after several years of unrelenting Disney sequels. Lilo & Stitch has an interesting plot line, and, while computer animation may be all the rage, by classical animation standards this movie was extrememly well drawn. The jokes are subtle, but I definately found myself laughing out loud. No self-respecting Disney fan can say that it wasn't a relief to see an original Disney movie after several years of unrelenting Disney sequels. Lilo & Stitch has an interesting plot line, and, while computer animation may be all the rage, by classical animation standards this movie was extrememly well drawn. The jokes are subtle, but I definately found myself laughing out loud. Disney really tried something different with this movie, and I'm glad. I don't think I could stand another sequel. Expand
  8. DebbieB.
    Jul 4, 2002
    Anyone who could poo poo this movie must have been at the wrong one! Open your eyes folks, this is one of the best movies put out by Disney since the lion king.
  9. JessicaP.
    Jul 9, 2002
    It's probably the best animated movie I've seen yet! Stitch is sooo funny and Lilo is really like my sister. This show and my life really connect and relate to each other. This show really made me cry and laugh and even sqirm to one side of my chair. The movie was brilliant!
  10. SandraB.
    Aug 14, 2002
    Nothing....IT'S SO CUTE and GREAT!!!! especially STITCH!!!! =)
  11. EmmaB.
    Sep 8, 2002
    I never ever ever ever ever want to see another computer generated animation flick again!!! and the elvis tunes rocked!!! it's a pity that they had to increase the action factor for today's kids - a little slower tempo (like dumbo, snow white, lion king etc) could have allowed a little better characterisation.
  12. GabrielleG.
    Mar 7, 2003
    It was one of the best.
  13. DerekH.
    May 6, 2003
    Great. im not a big disney fan either.
  14. Justin
    May 8, 2003
    Well what can you say. I am not a disney fan but watched this moving with my Kids and WOW this is Warner Bros breakthough in Disney name. The Humor is fractured and corny, and the animation is nicely hand drawn and not relying on flashy computer systems to clean it up. I loved it as a return to the Golden age of WB and Disney when Animation was art, not Computer Science.
  15. KendraH.
    Aug 6, 2003
    This movie rocked! It was funny. Any dork who gave it a 3 or 4 because they thought it was to violent, meancing, or boring needs to open their eyes and ears!! It was funny, exiting, and was all around a good story. If it was violent why is it not rated R?!!? It was not violent. Violence is all around us so if you thought it was violent don't walk outside or do any thing. And Stich This movie rocked! It was funny. Any dork who gave it a 3 or 4 because they thought it was to violent, meancing, or boring needs to open their eyes and ears!! It was funny, exiting, and was all around a good story. If it was violent why is it not rated R?!!? It was not violent. Violence is all around us so if you thought it was violent don't walk outside or do any thing. And Stich was a cute little guy, and Lilo was a sweet misunderstood little girl. Life goes on. Walt Disney.. GO! I'm 11 and I know kids younger than me who think it rocked hard core! Just because Nani hit Stich with a stupid stick does not immedtially mean this movie is violent. She was angry and scared for Lilo! If you lost an sibling or if they were kidnapped you would be frantic and do anything to get them back! Em I right???!!! And the scemery was so gorgous! This movie was NOT violent or bad in ANY way. WALT DISNEY EAT YOUR HEART OUT :) Expand
  16. changj.
    Jul 8, 2005
    Awsome.
  17. y.s.
    Sep 10, 2005
    i cant stop watching the movie!, i loved it so much!!!
  18. LaurynH.
    Nov 10, 2002
    I absolutely loved this film. the quirky characteristics of the....well.....characters were brilliant. somehow disney had managed to make something look both evil and cute! i laughed, cried (twice!) and loved it.
  19. JonathanL.
    Nov 7, 2002
    This is a great movie.
  20. JessicaM.
    Oct 19, 2002
    This was the best movie for kids ever created. Who ever said it was tiresome was a true idiot.
  21. ChazB.
    Dec 3, 2002
    I loved it, i thought it was one of disneys best. it had humour and catchy tunes. stitch is such a lovable character i cant see how anyone couldnt of enjoyed it. the story line was morals and lots of emotional details. 10 out of 10-fantabalosa.
  22. ShawnH.
    Jun 22, 2002
    Extremely entertaining and any one who has had to take care of a younger sibling will laugh and feel the heartstings tugged at this tale. Disney's best movie in the y2ks, and maybe since the Lion King. 4 thumbs up (and critics who give it a bad rating know absolutely nothing of which they are talking about. Get the starch out.)
  23. Angel
    Jul 1, 2002
    Lilo and Stich is hilarious! Being from Hawaii, the movie portrayed it pretty damn good. Creative, cute, and touching. A family movie that can be seen many times.
  24. NalaineK.
    Jul 15, 2002
    I was a little afraid of how people of Hawaii would be portrayed in this movie but overall i would have to say, they did a great job!
  25. KelvinB.
    Aug 24, 2002
    This Is The GREATEST Disney Animation I Have Ever Seen! Lilo & Stitch Is Very CUTE! Overall Of The Movie Is Just Great! This Is A Must See Disney Animation!
  26. JonathanN.
    Sep 19, 2002
    An absolute delight to watch. I am hanging out for a TV series now. I loved Stitch, as did everyone else who saw it in the picture house. We all came out with huge smiles, and slightly puffy eyes from a few tears. Stitch is just the cutest coolest character ever.
  27. Candace
    Sep 2, 2002
    One of the best Disney Movies i have seen in a long time (I am 16) and no sappy songs, at one point it made me cry, its a wonderful movie :)
  28. KayleighL.
    Jan 15, 2003
    This movie was something special let me tell you. Ohanu means family. This gives a whole new meaning to people who have broken homes, and I think this is amazing.
  29. CherylT.
    Oct 23, 2003
    One of the best and funniest movies to come out in a long time. The humor appeals to young and old alike and the music is fantastic. A must see movie!!
  30. AngieF.
    Feb 19, 2003
    Great movie for people of all ages. The best disney film i've seen yet. Comedy incorporated in a way that i could of never thought of. Ingenious!!!
  31. ShaneM.
    Feb 24, 2003
    THE VERY BEST!!!
  32. StephB.
    Mar 17, 2003
    Lilo is so adorable! Stitch is soo cute!
  33. DaniB.
    Mar 4, 2003
    I love it- stitch is SO cute!
  34. SarahS.
    Jun 25, 2003
    This movie is now my ALL-TIME favorite! I absolutely loved it! My friend and I always talk about it and use cute quotes from the movie. Stitch: what a cutie!!
  35. JessieS.
    Sep 6, 2004
    It's hilarious and heartwarming, showing how even the worst of enemies... can become the best of friends.
  36. EmmaG.
    Nov 5, 2002
    The cutest and funniest film ive seen in ages!
  37. CarmallD.
    Nov 7, 2002
    The BEST movie ever! Stitch is so cute especially the part when he pulls a gun on the froggy. Lilo & Stitch Rule!
    Jun 23, 2002
    This movie made me laugh and cry. It is a great movie for the whole family.
  39. TaraL.
    Jun 28, 2002
    This was a great movie, and my movie standards are very high. The best traditional Disney since The Lion King. Stitch is oddly adorable when he's not bent on destruction! And even then he's a crazy mischievous little alien that appeals to the young and the young-at-heart.
  40. LindsayR.
    Jul 18, 2002
    Oh, yeah, I especially love Jumba. His Accent is absolutley addorable. It's Said he's Rushian,but don't try to kid me, I know a German when I hear one. He is definateley a "Herr" Jumba. No doubt that in the Stitch TV. Series he probably call Lilo his little "Frau."
  41. SummerQ.
    Jul 31, 2002
    Being from hawaii and away from home..this movie made me and mah husband cry..not in a bad way but a very good way...the LOVE..the OHANA..all in all this movie is full of ALOHA!!! I think this movie is one of disneys best...Some ppl r bothered by it because they dont understand..u need to come from there to see...Some others complain about the violence and the characters...come on Being from hawaii and away from home..this movie made me and mah husband cry..not in a bad way but a very good way...the LOVE..the OHANA..all in all this movie is full of ALOHA!!! I think this movie is one of disneys best...Some ppl r bothered by it because they dont understand..u need to come from there to see...Some others complain about the violence and the characters...come on now...everywhere u look there's violence...even on the news or reading a book...Anywayz...this movie is worth seeing again..i cant wait 4 it to come out on DVD..ill b one of the first to buy it... Expand
  42. _-_Ryth_-_
    Nov 12, 2003
    This movie rocks! Stitch is ace!
  43. KathleenL.
    May 11, 2003
    I loved it!! i laughed and cried it was a really good movie! espically to watch with little kids cause then uyou both have a good time.
  44. HenryL.
    May 27, 2003
    I love this!
  45. inkle
    Sep 22, 2004
    The best movie!!
  46. Kristy
    Nov 13, 2002
    Really good movie, nothing wrong with it.
  47. T.K.
    Dec 12, 2002
    The best Disney film ever!
  48. Feb 23, 2011
    One of the few Disney animated movies from the 2000s that I actually loved. Chris Sanders sure does know how to direct a movie (he directed "How to Train Your Dragon" as well). And Stitch is one of my favorite Disney characters (tied with Captain Jack Sparrow for first place).
  49. Feb 18, 2012
    This movie is a little piece of heaven. Then, Disney started making pointless sequels and a totally stupid animated series, and **** up the name of Lilo & Stitch.
  50. Aug 31, 2011
    Disney, notoriously known for making the best childrenâ
  51. Jan 12, 2013
    One of the best animated films ever.
  52. Jan 26, 2014
    A wonderful kids movie and film, Lilo and Stitch combines familiar elements and adds a Hawaiian theme to create a heartfelt motion picture that even the adults will enjoy.
  53. RickJ.G.
    Jul 5, 2002
    Because I loved Stitch. I like the movie's story of two social outcasts, one the creation of laboratory genetics and the other a troubled pre-adolscent girl, who find each other in this movie. Don't over-analize this one either folks. It's a children's movie. Relax and have some fun with it.
  54. BarclayL.
    Jul 10, 2002
    YOU FORGOT TO SAY FLUFFY!!!!!!!!! Go see this movie and you'll understand the above reference....its great, take the kids and go enjoy. If you don't have kids, take yourself...its a lot of fun!!!
  55. EricS.
    Aug 12, 2002
    Takes the kid-befriends-alien cliche and reinvents it through the usage of ingenious animation, timely situations, loveable characters, and a neat quirk all it's own--Elvis music.
  56. ToniR.
    May 4, 2004
    Stitch rulez becuz he can kick gantus butt and is alwayz there when lilo needs him. stitch makes me laugh everytime. EGNA KNARLAKRISTA! ROCK ON STITCH!
  57. SamP.
    Nov 14, 2002
    Yes I'm a boy. And Yes Disney movies suck! I saw "Lilo and Stitch" w/ my grandma and younger brother. Since the NYTimes, Roger Ebert, and my local paper gave it a rave review I thought it was worth a try! And I'm glad I went cause the movie is the best disney movie to date !!!! The animation is beautiful. Full of rich color and dreamy backgrounds. The story, though childish, Yes I'm a boy. And Yes Disney movies suck! I saw "Lilo and Stitch" w/ my grandma and younger brother. Since the NYTimes, Roger Ebert, and my local paper gave it a rave review I thought it was worth a try! And I'm glad I went cause the movie is the best disney movie to date !!!! The animation is beautiful. Full of rich color and dreamy backgrounds. The story, though childish, wasnt as DiSnEyFiEd as usual. I cant believe people complained about the un-likeness of Stitch."He's bad in the movie! You cant like a bad character!" Not only did Stitch destroy everything in the movie he destroyed the coating of a fake, corny, sentimental storyline that has plagued Disney movies more often then not. Stitch made the movie interesting. He wasnt intended to be a sweet character! He didnt sing craptastic songs. Didnt say craptacular dialogue. He was Stitch. He WAS the movie. He's violent, disobient, obnoxious, noisy, and lovable. Actually he was the most likable animated character ever put on celluloid. So if you dont want to see a movie that has a little spice to it , a little interest to it. If you dont want to see anything like that, do us all a favor and GO HOME AND WATCH "BAMBI"! Expand
  58. AliM.
    Dec 5, 2002
    I loved the film, it shows that no matter what you're like or what you look like you can still get people who see the potential in you. It was funny with a great plot and well it was just awesome, i found that an alien bent on destroying the earth can actualy be tamed and well it starts to come into play, that quote, about music sooths the savage beast. And Elvis with the help of I loved the film, it shows that no matter what you're like or what you look like you can still get people who see the potential in you. It was funny with a great plot and well it was just awesome, i found that an alien bent on destroying the earth can actualy be tamed and well it starts to come into play, that quote, about music sooths the savage beast. And Elvis with the help of Lilo did sooth this savage beast. And on this last note i just have to say that ET has nothing compared to this guy, Stitch is the NEW ET and well he is just as cute as well (if not cuter :P ) Expand
  59. Mordecai
    Jun 24, 2002
    Only because it wasn't as good as the Iron Giant. This is a great movie!
  60. PaulaW.
    Aug 11, 2003
    About the reviewers who thought Lilo was too unpleasant to like, I have to wonder whether they've been living in a Sears catalog or other hypersanitized environment. What makes Lilo so loveable (besides being cute as the proverbial button) is that she's genuinely weird. She's not just another gorgeous Barbie type stamping her pretty foot to show how "spirited" she is (like About the reviewers who thought Lilo was too unpleasant to like, I have to wonder whether they've been living in a Sears catalog or other hypersanitized environment. What makes Lilo so loveable (besides being cute as the proverbial button) is that she's genuinely weird. She's not just another gorgeous Barbie type stamping her pretty foot to show how "spirited" she is (like a pet pony): she's truly bizarre, with matter-of-fact statements about a fish who controls the weather and her doll whose days are numbered because a bug laid eggs in her ear. Stitch is just adorable, and the supporting characters (Nani and Cobra Bubbles especially) are excellent. The gorgeous retro-style watercolor animation really renders the Hawaiian landscape vividly. My only complaint, and it's a minor one, is that I could have done with fewer musical numbers, but I guess those have to be in there for the kids. I recommend this highly for anyone between the ages of 3 and 103. Expand
  61. Nov 30, 2013
    One of the best movies Disney movies.The artful animation is just one of the many great qualities this film has to offer. Take an alien in Hawaii and throw in some Elvis, and it is makes for an amazing movie.
  62. Nov 24, 2014
    This movie is just so, so lovely. It effortlessly melds space opera, contemporary family drama, and the beautiful culture of Hawaii into one film. It isn't afraid to get edgy - there is a rawness to the drama and the characters are all flawed individuals, yet they remain very likeable, and because of their distinct personalities some of the most relatable characters in the entire DisneyThis movie is just so, so lovely. It effortlessly melds space opera, contemporary family drama, and the beautiful culture of Hawaii into one film. It isn't afraid to get edgy - there is a rawness to the drama and the characters are all flawed individuals, yet they remain very likeable, and because of their distinct personalities some of the most relatable characters in the entire Disney canon. The gorgeous watercolor backgrounds and the idealized beauty of the settings are a perfect contrast to the sometimes messy story. Beautiful animation, great story - Lilo & Stitch has it all! Expand
  63. May 13, 2015
    This is a really wonderful movie and a great addition to the Disney canon. It's always nice to see Disney movies taking place in our world, rather than a far away fairy tale place, instead bringing in the far-away from outer space. It's also great to see an alternative family structure represented, and the very real struggle of keeping a family together when it doesn't fit the story bookThis is a really wonderful movie and a great addition to the Disney canon. It's always nice to see Disney movies taking place in our world, rather than a far away fairy tale place, instead bringing in the far-away from outer space. It's also great to see an alternative family structure represented, and the very real struggle of keeping a family together when it doesn't fit the story book mold of a nuclear family with two parents.

Stitch is a wonderfully compelling character, as he has all kinds of powers but also can't understand certain really basic concepts. I think that it's easy to identify with Stitch's frustration with so many aspects of the world, and his inability to deal with his feelings. It's also trait he shares with Lilo in a way, since she too has so many feelings that she doesn't know how to deal with.

The movie is of course beautifully drawn and animated, with the Hawaiian backdrop providing gorgeous source material. The score and the original songs are also lovely, adding to the movie's richness. This is just such a fantastic film in so many ways. I don't even know how many times I've watched it, but I know I'll watch it again in another year or two. A wonderful, charming, beautiful movie.

1. The most original and amusing animation in recent memory. Kids will love its fantasy and adventure, and grownups should appreciate its whimsical humor.
  2. The animation in Lilo & Stitch has an engaging retro-simple vivacity, and it's nice to see a movie for tots make use of Elvis Presley, but the story is witless and oddly defanged.
  3. Reviewed by: Claudia Puig
    The soundtrack is mostly Elvis tunes, and Stitch even does an adorable impersonation of the King. As Elvis might put it, you can't help falling in love with Lilo & Stitch.