4.2

1. AndrewM.
    May 10, 2004
    It gets a few points for the few laughs I got. Unfortunately though I only saw the first half because I simply could not stand hearing Sandler speak like that for another second! I have never been driven from a movie by such a minor detail...but this one managed to do so. If it wasn't for the voice, I probably would've stayed to the end and maybe rated this higher. Whoever came It gets a few points for the few laughs I got. Unfortunately though I only saw the first half because I simply could not stand hearing Sandler speak like that for another second! I have never been driven from a movie by such a minor detail...but this one managed to do so. If it wasn't for the voice, I probably would've stayed to the end and maybe rated this higher. Whoever came up with the idea needs a big head butt!!! Expand
  2. AndrewN.
    Aug 25, 2007
    A mess of a film that revels in its own stupidity. Its unfunny and rather nauseating. The few gags it does have cant save it from banality. Rubbish.
  3. RyanM.
    May 25, 2001
    One of the stupidist pieces of cr*p I've seen in a long time. It looks to be one of the year's worst films.
  4. YoonMinC.
    Sep 26, 2003
    Suffers from Ishtaritis. A small scale Sandler movie can be fun and endearing--Happy Gilmore, Billy Madison--but this gargantuan production is a Hindenburg blimp in crash-and-burn mode.
  5. Nov 7, 2014
    I think it's a sign when the funniest part of your movie is a dog snoring that you've gone wrong somewhere. However this film does have one saving grace, in that it is only the second worst film with little as it's first word (being marginally better than little man).
  6. Nov 7, 2012
    It's movie hell, in more ways than one.
  7. Mar 1, 2014
    Like The Waterboy just two years earlier, Sandler creates one of the most annoying characters in comedy history! This time it's a demon from hell. Sandler... you can do better.

1. It's a clever idea bogged down in sophomoric sloppiness. Sitting through it doesn't feel like eternal damnation, but it's not exactly heaven, either. It's a $9.50 tour of adolescent purgatory.
  2. Full of kerplunkingly unfunny jokes and ex-"Saturday Night Live" cast members turning up to do shtick.
    Though it's debatable whether Sandler is squandered or just supremely annoying here, the film's flaws aren't entirely his fault.