7.8

1. Sep 27, 2013
    Of the last three "Die Hard"s as of September 27, 2013, this one is definitely the best. It brings back why we fell in love with the first Die Hard,: jokes, explosions, and well-played out scenes. The storyline to this one is especially exceptional, as it feels very real (the third movies seemed like a stretch). If you like movies in general, you will like Live Free.
  2. Jan 20, 2013
    John McClane has arrived in the 21. century and still knows the moves to kill all gangsters with a minium effort. The story: amazing, Brucie. stunning, the action: mindblowing. It's not a normal film and when the White House explodes on TV, there is no more tension to create. Best action film of the year!!!
  3. Oct 19, 2010
    Bruce willis was the best person for the lead role inthis movie. if you want action this is the movie to see. the most action i have seen in a long time. i know i'm a little late for the review but still a must see.
  4. Nov 5, 2014
    Okay, I don't know how, but they did it again. This was actually the first Die Hard I saw before I became familiar with the series. It goes down as my personal favorite as far as action movies are concerned. In the modern age, when everything is run on a computer, a crazy smart computer hacker maniac has no one to stop him should he ever decided to oh, I don't know, dissolve the wholeOkay, I don't know how, but they did it again. This was actually the first Die Hard I saw before I became familiar with the series. It goes down as my personal favorite as far as action movies are concerned. In the modern age, when everything is run on a computer, a crazy smart computer hacker maniac has no one to stop him should he ever decided to oh, I don't know, dissolve the whole system...right? Wrong. The good old hard hitting cop, John McClane is obviously aged but no less fierce and heroic. It was a bold far-fetched plot but maybe not too far fetched. McClane had to commission a nerd to help him which proved a great move considering their dialogue and character differences. Then you throw in the Taken angle where McClane is trying to repair his relationship with his daughter, and this is just an awesome movie. Sure the stakes are as high as they get and so are the stunts, but even when he went up against pretty impossible odds i didn't think anything stepped too far out of bounds considering what happens in other action movies. Bruce Willis played within himself. They brought in a few attractive women. They made sure the bad guys were plain bad guys. This got a higher score because it proved it could remain a rock solid action film even when they downplayed the blood and foul language comparative to the others. Well done. Worth a watch. Expand

1. It's simply old-school stunts and movie magic.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    The sheer quantity of often outrageous stunts should help overcome franchise mustiness to entertain.
  3. Reviewed by: Jessica Reaves
    Early in LFODH, a villain taunts our hero, calling him "a Timex in a digital world"; McClane, characteristically, takes the dig as a compliment. Two hours, countless butt-kickings and hairbreadth escapes later, we know why.