6.8

1. Mar 8, 2013
    Lockout is a forgettable sci-fi action flick. Guy Pierce plays against type, which is kind of fun, but some dodgy effects, neutered violence and a general lack of identity ultimately overpower the good things on offer here. Lockout makes for a nice one-time viewing but it doesn't have the legs for repeats.
  2. Oct 29, 2012
    All I can say is this movie was entertaining enough to keep me watching until the end. Other than that, there is nothing special about it. It's one of those movies that you will probably watch on cable TV some Saturday afternoon when nothing else is on and you don't have anything else to do.

The story is interesting enough, but the pure cheesy rots through towards the end. I don't want to spoil anything so I will not go into that but let's just say the "love" interest part is totally predictable. The action is good and the special effects are on par with today's movies.

My gripe would be the acting, mainly from the support characters. The 2 leads are okay, and that is about it. The rest of the cast pretty much mulls their way through their lines and shows no real character while doing so. The main villain is not at all convincing as a psycho.

In all, I thought this movie was exactly what I thought it was going to be: a movie I would watch, be satisfied that I didn't waste 2 hours and then forget about until I see it on TV some time later.
  3. Apr 17, 2012
    Lockout is a product of outright laziness. There is nothing new here, nothing unique, and nothing to recommend. Aside from a few good jokes from our hero, Snow (Guy Pearce), the film has nothing going for it. The plot is stock beyond belief, the dialogue is groan-inducing, and the action editing is some of the worst in years. What is technically a good idea on paper, a prison break inLockout is a product of outright laziness. There is nothing new here, nothing unique, and nothing to recommend. Aside from a few good jokes from our hero, Snow (Guy Pearce), the film has nothing going for it. The plot is stock beyond belief, the dialogue is groan-inducing, and the action editing is some of the worst in years. What is technically a good idea on paper, a prison break in space, is spoiled with extremely lousy and inept filmmaking.

Snow has been set up. He is convicted of a crime he did not commit and is on the way himself to the maximum security space prison known as MS-1. Coincidentally, the Presidentâ
  4. Apr 25, 2012
    Had potential then jettisoned it self into DEEP SPACE. Went to this movie not expecting much but was looking forward to just kicking back and watching an action flick. The only positive thing about this movie is Guy Pearce's peformance. The (lack) of action, "quality" special effects, and peformances by the supporting cast make The Expendables look like it should have one best picture atHad potential then jettisoned it self into DEEP SPACE. Went to this movie not expecting much but was looking forward to just kicking back and watching an action flick. The only positive thing about this movie is Guy Pearce's peformance. The (lack) of action, "quality" special effects, and peformances by the supporting cast make The Expendables look like it should have one best picture at the Oscars. I constantly found myself along with my buddies laugh at the movie at all of the cheesy moments it had. The pace was ridiculous and the villian's were laughable and half retarded. Two monkey's covered in sh!t could have provided more meanigful performances. The graphics.....lol video games in the mid 90's had better graphics then this. I would have to be borderline blackout drunk to watch this movie again and I would definitely try and pass out immediately after Pearce's interrogation becasue that was the only funny part in the entire movie. Good Talk Expand
  5. Apr 13, 2012
    the hunger games was better... ok but seriously my score equals the amount of time it took for the main character to get to the space station and meet the president's daughter. It was one of the fastest paced movies I've ever seen. Overall was terrible. No character development. No back story. Plot holes (why would the US spend trillions and trillions of dollars on a space station forthe hunger games was better... ok but seriously my score equals the amount of time it took for the main character to get to the space station and meet the president's daughter. It was one of the fastest paced movies I've ever seen. Overall was terrible. No character development. No back story. Plot holes (why would the US spend trillions and trillions of dollars on a space station for prisoners when they could kill them at the cost of one bullet?). Would only recommend if it was on netflix and you had nothing else to do. Expand
  6. Sep 10, 2012
    Cheesy as balls, Guy Richie's annoying as hell, smarmy and unlikable. The only thing which could have saved the film for me would be to see him get gang ra!ed by the prisoners at the end. An awful, soulless waste of money and talent.
  7. Apr 29, 2012
    This movie overall was just bad. The only thing good about it was the sarcasm by Guy Pearce. Everything else was dreadful. The plot itself is cliche and just plain dumb. It has everything from your corny 80's films blended into a 90 minute duration thats so rushed it feels like it was 5 minutes long. The cgi in this film was awful. It was so fake i felt like i was watching someone play aThis movie overall was just bad. The only thing good about it was the sarcasm by Guy Pearce. Everything else was dreadful. The plot itself is cliche and just plain dumb. It has everything from your corny 80's films blended into a 90 minute duration thats so rushed it feels like it was 5 minutes long. The cgi in this film was awful. It was so fake i felt like i was watching someone play a video game, but not even playstation graphics. It was like the wii. It didn't seem like they finished the work on it. They just halfassed the job. The acting was atoricious besides GuyPearce, and another thing, apparently in lockout their is gravity in space, if you see it, you know what dumb scene im talking about. Anyways, everything was just horrible about this film. The only reason im giving it a 2 and not a 0 is because of Guy Pearce, he was hilarious, but that was the only positive i saw. Don't see this film, its a waste! 2/10.....but really a 0/10â Expand
  8. Jun 3, 2012
    Absolutly hated this movie. Were do i begin... Well to start, about as cliche as i can get, it also focuses on nothing but action. Explosions, and all that random unnecasary crap. And i predicted the ending from the begining. And if you like realism, dont watch.. He should have died in the first five minutes. And he also does abunch of other imposible crap. Bad movie.
  9. Apr 30, 2013
    I like Guy Pierce, but he can't even save this film. Good concept, but poor execution led by a poor script Lockout has its moments but not enough for this bad movie.

1. Reviewed by: David Denby
    Apr 23, 2012
    If you were to watch Lockout a few months from now, at home alone, it wouldn't produce more than a shrug. Movies this bad need to be revered in public places. Go see it in a mall, and try to sneak a beer or two in with you.
  2. Reviewed by: Helen O'Hara
    Apr 22, 2012
    It's just not quite as much fun as it should be, despite Pearce's best efforts and some good chemistry with Grace. Unusually for an action thriller, this could have benefited from being just a little longer.
  3. Reviewed by: Ken McIntyre
    Apr 19, 2012
    Luc Besson's clunky, space-bound actioner apes '80s B-flick excess but skimps on all the good parts. Fans of really bad science and pixelated CGI won't be disappointed, though.