Millennium Films | Release Date: April 13, 2007
JayM.Apr 8, 2008
Criminally overlooked noir.
0 of 0 users found this helpful
MarieM.Aug 21, 2007
Unfortunately, Selam Hayack can't act. When that's combined with her being incredibly badly miscast in this role, it's a disaster. The real-life character her role is based on was a morbidly obese woman. If they'd cast Unfortunately, Selam Hayack can't act. When that's combined with her being incredibly badly miscast in this role, it's a disaster. The real-life character her role is based on was a morbidly obese woman. If they'd cast someone appropriate - say, somone who coudld, I don't know - ACT - the movie really could have worked. The rest of the cast was there and the script wasn't tbad. Instead, Hayack is walking around around in the same red lipstick she wears in every movie being Selma Hayack and it's impossible to forget who she is. It's a shame, too, because Jared Leto is really, really good here. Expand
0 of 0 users found this helpful
oxanaAug 28, 2014
As a Jared Leto -fan, the first thing that caight my eye was the fact that I could not see "Jared" behind Raymond's character. Some gestures and expressions were familiar - but that's about it. This speaks of some really fine acting.As a Jared Leto -fan, the first thing that caight my eye was the fact that I could not see "Jared" behind Raymond's character. Some gestures and expressions were familiar - but that's about it. This speaks of some really fine acting.

Travolta is pretty stiff, Gandolfini just narrates, and Hayek is unpredictable and the seemingly real lunatic in the movie.

In a way, I like this. But I wouldn't have watched it without Leto in it. Yet, for those who do not fear the darker side of humanity: go ahead and watch!