6.8

1. Feb 25, 2011
    This movie is pretty hilarious, if you enjoy cheesy comedies, or just love the Looney Tunes characters, this is a movie you should look into, you wont regret it.
  2. VikramM.
    Mar 2, 2004
    O.K, I think Looney Tunes is still cool! I love all the wisecracks, all the "fall on your face", "get burned by dynamite" routine. I love Space Jam, the movie with Michael Jordan and the Looney Tunes gang, Hilarious! When I first heard of Looney Tunes Back in Action, I thought it would stink because nobody liked Looney Tunes anymore, it was an old thing! I was so proven wrong! When I saw O.K, I think Looney Tunes is still cool! I love all the wisecracks, all the "fall on your face", "get burned by dynamite" routine. I love Space Jam, the movie with Michael Jordan and the Looney Tunes gang, Hilarious! When I first heard of Looney Tunes Back in Action, I thought it would stink because nobody liked Looney Tunes anymore, it was an old thing! I was so proven wrong! When I saw the rating on Metacritic, I said, why not lets go see it! I was laughing my head off! The movie was so funny! O.K, I have to admit that Brendon Fraiser's act was a little shaky, but Oh my God! It was a great movie, not Oscar material, but good for laughs! A salute to Joe Dante for making this movie and bringing the funny Looney Tunes gang Back in Action! Expand
  3. JB.
    Oct 3, 2006
    It is witty. It flashes into the wit of the old cartoons, quite often in fact. But, not as good as them. But then again, not many cartoons are these days.
  4. JonL.
    Apr 1, 2007
    It's flawed, but unlike Space Jam, which completely desecrated the integrity of Looney Tunes for the sake of crass commercialism, it actually focuses on the titular characters and why they are funny in the first place. The humans are pretty boring and annoying for the most part (save for Joan Cusack's cameo), but Dante's trademark pop culture references and obvious love for It's flawed, but unlike Space Jam, which completely desecrated the integrity of Looney Tunes for the sake of crass commercialism, it actually focuses on the titular characters and why they are funny in the first place. The humans are pretty boring and annoying for the most part (save for Joan Cusack's cameo), but Dante's trademark pop culture references and obvious love for the institution of Looney Tunes keep it well above water, with some truly inspired moments. Its bombing is testament to the idiocy of the moviegoing public in general. Expand
  5. NiceiceD.
    Nov 15, 2003
    Very witty and hilarious!
  6. BrettB.
    Nov 24, 2003
    Unfortunately being shunned by the moviegoing public that is still carrying the bad taste of Space Jam in their mouths. Back In Action is a delight which will be, if not in the theaters then eventually on video, beloved.

1. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    A not-inventive-enough romp that belches out gags at a rapid-fire clip but connects so sporadically as to leave the audience enervated but only sparingly entertained.
  2. Reviewed by: Ben Kenigsberg
    Dante's masterstroke is to make the movie as visually and narratively unhinged as its source material.
  3. Reviewed by: Scott Brown
    There are flashes of wit -- Speedy Gonzales muttering about political correctness and an arty chase through the Louvre. But there is also random flatulence, a.k.a. the stink of desperation.