TriStar Pictures | Release Date: September 28, 2012
Universal acclaim based on 1511 Ratings
1,280
Watch Now
LonePiperMay 21, 2013
The first negative thing any critic will mention about this film is the plotholes. But you just have to remember that it is a time travel film and there is no escaping it, so you may as well embrace it. Was the Back to the Future franchiseThe first negative thing any critic will mention about this film is the plotholes. But you just have to remember that it is a time travel film and there is no escaping it, so you may as well embrace it. Was the Back to the Future franchise any less of a prodigy because of its gaping plotholes?
That being said, this film is far from perfect while clever in a lot of respects (in many instances it does seem like there was a lot of thought put into it), it often comes off as thinking it's cleverer than it is.
The whole thing is one big Terminator reference, and it seems to think that simply being self aware of the fact is justification enough. The pacing is also somewhat off-target and messy, as well as the plot as a whole.
That in mind, it actually manages to provide an experience that is not totally forgettable. The occasional interesting plot device and hidden gem of insight mixed with some attention-grabbing, if somewhat jarring, pacing actually managed to make me take notice of this movie.
In the end this movie won't change your life, but it will keep you entertained and maybe you'll even remember a thing or two about it in a year's time.
Maverick2013Jul 1, 2013
The time travel paradox is glaringly obvious in this one. But it has to be. The movie itself would cease to exist otherwise :)

Summary - Short on Zzzzz's before watching? You might find a lengthy spot to catch up on them. - Brilliant.

Summary
- Brilliant. NO. (bit of no-brainer after-the-fact)
- Clever. MOSTLY.
- Good acting. SOME OF IT VERY GOOD.
- Worth it. YES. (well... it's not a drink coaster anyway.....)

Would I watch it again. I don't know. Did I?
KivaJun 22, 2013
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This film is ok. It has an interesting plot and i liked the futuristic action and all this stuff. However there was something missing in that film. Maybe the actors, or the ending or the 'power' of that kid. I don't know. I enjoyed it but I knew that something was missing from Looper Expand
YorkshiremanJun 28, 2013
The idea of this film I found to be absolutely fantastic. However, I feel it could have been executed better. I'd heard rave reviews about the film, reading them and from friends so I gave the film a try and found it to be very anti-climaticThe idea of this film I found to be absolutely fantastic. However, I feel it could have been executed better. I'd heard rave reviews about the film, reading them and from friends so I gave the film a try and found it to be very anti-climatic compared to the plot. To me, it seems like they thought the plot was good enough to make a hit film and not fill it with the right content.

I enjoyed it, just not as much as I thought I would.
reviewerd1Apr 18, 2016
Having watched this film twice now I have come to the conclusion that there is something missing. I think this film had the potential to be really good but to be honest after a strong start to the film it got really boring. The plot kind ofHaving watched this film twice now I have come to the conclusion that there is something missing. I think this film had the potential to be really good but to be honest after a strong start to the film it got really boring. The plot kind of faded away and had to many flaws. Certainly not the worst film Iv'e seen but just not for me. Expand