New Line Cinema | Release Date: April 21, 2000
8.2
Universal acclaim based on 58 Ratings
WATCH NOW
DanielleC.Feb 6, 2007
i love this movie!! i have never seen another that can out do it!!
QuieshaJ.Aug 17, 2006
this movie was funny, and romantic all at the same time, sometimes i wish my movie was like monica's (sanaa lathan) because it would be such an experince to fall in love the way she did, and who she fell in love with. I give this movie this movie was funny, and romantic all at the same time, sometimes i wish my movie was like monica's (sanaa lathan) because it would be such an experince to fall in love the way she did, and who she fell in love with. I give this movie an A and thousands of plus's. Expand
KimyanaG.Oct 8, 2007
I love this movie everytime i break up with my boyfriends i would turn this movie on because its fun and depressing at the same time.
KelseyW.Feb 9, 2007
this is the best movie ever. and that will never change!
WesM.Aug 2, 2008
While admirably unsentimental, it's nevertheless unengaging, poorly acted and frequently boring... though I confess I had little interest in the subject matter.
BrittaG.Dec 24, 2003
I loved it !! its so real. i wish someone loved me like he loved her. i really loved this one guy and i had to let him go because he wanted this other girl ! so i did and when i watch this movie i want the love that me and him had before toI loved it !! its so real. i wish someone loved me like he loved her. i really loved this one guy and i had to let him go because he wanted this other girl ! so i did and when i watch this movie i want the love that me and him had before to come back and be double or nothing, but i guess in my case its nothing!! i reaaly loved tyhis movie its my favorite!!!!!!! Expand
CherrieB.Nov 21, 2006
This is the best movie eva i love omar epps he is fine he kinda looks like my old boifriend but thats not why i like him though but this movie is good. it brings him out more and more. best movie ever my favorite movie. i voted 10 but i give This is the best movie eva i love omar epps he is fine he kinda looks like my old boifriend but thats not why i like him though but this movie is good. it brings him out more and more. best movie ever my favorite movie. i voted 10 but i give this movie and Omar a 1000000000000000... Expand
DavidW.Dec 6, 2006
This film was one of my favorites.
KeishlaR.Nov 10, 2007
This movie is true fairy tale with real life problems and a sweet twist.
ShandriaP.Feb 12, 2007
This is da best movie ever
Britt0817Mar 8, 2017
Love and Basketball is a great motion picture. It demonstrates how you can either be infatuated or play ball, yet it's difficult to do both in the meantime. Monica and Quincy are the primary stars in the film. In 1981, in Baldwin Hills, LosLove and Basketball is a great motion picture. It demonstrates how you can either be infatuated or play ball, yet it's difficult to do both in the meantime. Monica and Quincy are the primary stars in the film. In 1981, in Baldwin Hills, Los Angeles nearby to Quincy in a decent neighborhood who are seeking after their b-ball profession before in the end becoming hopelessly enamored. Love and Basketball is a sentimental show film.

Monica who is a boyish girl. In which her family tries to misery her in attempting to act like a young lady. Who meets a NBA star and his child Quincy. When they initially meet they play a pickup game, Monica scores and Quincy pushes her, she gets a scar all over that will be on her right cheek for rest of her life. He enjoys her and asks would she be able to be his young lady, yet she doesn't recognize what that mean. Quincy kisses her and says now I need to get you flowers and ride to school with on handlebars of his bicycle. This will be reiteration of a lifetime.

One part of filmmaking that was the ambient melodies all through the motion picture. It was utilized to better pass on the inclination of a specific scene. For instance, the night that Quincy and Monica kissed there was an affection tune playing. Likewise, when their b-ball games were going ahead there were quick paced music playing. The music was utilized to build up the scene and give the watchers a feeling of desperation.

Another part of the film was incredible was the acting itself. The two co-stars were fantastic in assuming their parts. With every progression in their relationship, as the watcher, I felt where they were originating from. Amid their one-on-one match that I discussed before, they passed on such a great amount of enthusiasm for each other through the acting. I felt as if I was in the scene with them, feeling what they felt.

In conclusion, this is a great film that I would prescribe for everybody to watch. Regardless of the possibility that you aren't into b-ball , it is still a show that will shield your consideration from start to finish. I've watched it a hundred circumstances, despite everything it gets my consideration without fail. I'm stunned by the storyline and in addition the immense acting. Be that as it may, in the event that you don't believe me watch it and discover how fascinating it is for yourself.