7.5

1. PaulH.
    Aug 1, 2006
    This is a terrible film. Self-indulgent nonsense with a cast of London luvvies playing at being hard. It's also not funny whether you're British (me), American, or from the moon. Give it a miss.
  2. VinceM.
    Aug 30, 2001
    Arguably the best Brit Ganster flick ever made. Although Rob L. is right, it doesn't suit export. Funny, sarcastic, and with just a little bit of action. If nothing else get this film because Americans don't understand it.
  3. BlancoA.
    Jun 20, 2002
    I can't believe the yankee critics didn't like this movie. It is hysterically funny! I like how the characters have the same names as their actors. Probably Jude Law's best performance to date, and Ray Winstone is awesome as usual.
  4. JessicaW.
    Aug 10, 2002
    I think this film is very dry witted and action packed and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Full of brit humour, slightly warped ... no wonder the americans dont get it.
  5. JohnS.
    Mar 29, 2003
    Unspeakably bad.
  6. Mickey
    Feb 10, 2005
    How can anyone not like this film. it was superb..you Americans suck, you have no sense of humour at all and dont appreciate a good film when you see one.
  7. MattC.
    Jul 31, 2006
    Quite, quite dreadful. Poor in every way a film can be. It was all I could do to avoid soiling myself with disgust. And it was supported by the BBC. Pathetic.
  8. RobL.
    Apr 27, 2001
    One of the greatest movies that I have seen in a long time. Although, I'm afraid that the dark humour has been lost on most American critics. See it and make up your own mind.
  9. JimL.
    May 14, 2002
    Just goes to prove Yanks have got no sense of humour unless it's about how neurotic someone is and how they can't get laid. Which is obviously hilarious!!!! Sarcasm, irony, satire deadpan humour must just fly right over their shallow little minds. "Oh Goid, my mudda hates me. Wadda am oi gonna do?" Ha bloddy ha you pseudo Woody Allen parasites on life.
  10. MartinB.
    May 8, 2005
    Enjoyable gangster movie. I don't know how some people didn't like this film but i found it very entertaining and some nice touches of humour. great song by acted out by the cast in the beginning.
  11. NickieC
    Oct 24, 2006
    An absolutely excellent film... true to London life and I should know. Absolutely hysterically funny in places and hard hitting in the same vane. How any one can say it is an awful film does not come from this world and quite obviously doesn
  12. LewR.
    Jun 17, 2006
    absolutely brilliant film.
  13. AlM.
    Jul 30, 2006
    This is a vary good film. I can understand how American audiences didn't like it as it is full to the brim of British humuour at its darkest and driest best, something many friends over the pond wouldn't quite understand. Love, Honour and Obey is superbly casted, gritty, wittly and thouroughly watchable. Ray Winstone, Kathy Burke and Jonny Lee Miller give excellent performances This is a vary good film. I can understand how American audiences didn't like it as it is full to the brim of British humuour at its darkest and driest best, something many friends over the pond wouldn't quite understand. Love, Honour and Obey is superbly casted, gritty, wittly and thouroughly watchable. Ray Winstone, Kathy Burke and Jonny Lee Miller give excellent performances and Rhys Ifans stands out as the South London crews bad boy. If your British (or any other non-American nationality come to think of it) then you'll love this film. If your American, stick to Friends, hot dogs and baseball. Expand
  14. IanW.
    Dec 15, 2001
    Having just watched it again, my 10th time or something like that, I still enjoy it immensely. It does have a dark UK undertone, but being English, I can appreciate it. A quality film! If your not from the UK and have our humour, then take it with a pinch of salt......enjoy!
  15. AnnelineL.
    Dec 22, 2001
    I have to say, this is one of my favourite movies, with some of my favourite actors (watched it more than 5 times). Unfortunately, most North Americans don't understand British humour. There's alot of dark humour, but it suits the characters. I think everyone should watch it, I'm sure you'll get something out of it.

Superhumanly awful BBC bottom-feeder Love, Honour and Obey, which, paramount among its many faults, is not recognizably a film.
    To describe Love, Honor and Obey as a cross between "Duets" and "Snatch" doesn't begin to suggest how desperately unfunny this musical gangster comedy is.
    The result is sometimes strained, but often fresh and funny. And the sequence in which the entire cast sings "Avenues and Alleyways," bombastic '70s crooner Tony Christie's lush ode to thug life, is worth the price of admission in itself.