8.7

Mar 26, 2008
    Great actors, innovative director, superb movie!
  2. JackM.
    May 9, 2009
    Romance, scenes of Paris, beautiful songs, and a tango of love affairs, what more could one want in a film? I have wanted to see Louis Garrel in scenes like this ever since Bertolucci's The Dreamers kept him from the full embrace with Michael Pitt. The interplay of Thanatos and Eros is moving, as well.
  3. LenW.
    Apr 7, 2008
    A sweet, charming mini-musical that takes all the cliches of French romance and gives them a little twist. If you enjoy the films of the nouvelle vague and pop music that recalls the Gainsbourg era, you'll appreciate LOVE SONGS. At turns goofy, tragic, melancholy and sexy, it's not for everyone, but I suspect those who like it will end up loving it...
  4. PrudenceK.
    Jun 21, 2008
    I thought this film was pretty cool. I liked it. Louis Garrel probably gives the greatest performance of all time. Nothing special, but you know. I really loved it. It was so cool! I liked it a lot. I liked when they kiss. The two guys. They were cute. It was cool. I really enjoyed it. It was pretty cool.
  5. RichardV.
    Jun 25, 2008
    Charming, modern and refreshing.

1. Honoré has proven you can make a movie musical in which style doesn’t upstage content--a movie musical that blossoms from the inside out.
  2. Reviewed by: Jay Weissberg
    Likeable film doesn't measure up to helmer Christophe Honore's previous "Inside Paris," stumbling a bit in capturing the genuine grief that sits at its heart, though once again his feel for family is unerring and some of pic's greatest charms come from the warmth they inspire.
  3. Reviewed by: Scott Foundas
    That Honoré knows a lot about movies is beyond question--but from first frame to last, Love Songs stays as icy to the touch as Julie's premature corpse.