Love the Hard Way

7.4

1. DavidM.
    May 20, 2005
    One of the Best Movies i have seen, Worth watching. So tempting, able to relate to in some cases. THe soundtrack is incredible, Wish i could find out where to get it, If anyone know plz email me, i would really love to know. Brody and Ayanna where superb.
  2. JanQ.
    Jul 2, 2005
    I saw this movie late night and loved it. I have watched it since about 14 times. Loved the chemistry between Jack and Claire. I was confused about the ending. I know they walked together but also hoped she was giving him a 2nd chance to get back with him.
  3. jamies
    Apr 8, 2008
    i loved this movie.i'm sick to death of the average love story.i couldnt stop watching it i even bought it.brody is great,this is the first time ive seen himand i want more.
  4. ErinB.
    Nov 30, 2003
    Fantastic. Adrienne Brody is brilliant. I believe between two people the emotions of Claire and Jack could be real. I think better the producers of this film should have considered a moden version of Onegin, versus the story they told here. That's just my opinion!
  5. SuzeeM
    Dec 28, 2004
    Terrific movie! German Director Peter Sehr succeeded in moving the story from China (book) to New York without losing the essence of the story. Brody is brilliant as always and Seda and Ayanna offer excellent support for his troubled but compelling Jack. All three actors have great on-screen chemistry. August Diehl is good as well in a small role. These characters are very real living in Terrific movie! German Director Peter Sehr succeeded in moving the story from China (book) to New York without losing the essence of the story. Brody is brilliant as always and Seda and Ayanna offer excellent support for his troubled but compelling Jack. All three actors have great on-screen chemistry. August Diehl is good as well in a small role. These characters are very real living in the superbly shot NYC scenes that are gritty and grim and fascinating. The soundtrack is evocative of all without a single false note. Expand
  6. DebiW.
    Feb 28, 2005
    Loved it. brody is great.
  7. CarlaC.
    Nov 12, 2003
    Geat movie, superb acting, love the soundtrack, it is shocking to see so many"critics" who can't get past the snakeskin jacket and some corny lines. At the core of this movie is a fresh take on a tragic , very realistic tale, impeccably acted by all. I was amazed at the lack of sucess and respect this movie was given. But when you think about it most of the realy good films get Geat movie, superb acting, love the soundtrack, it is shocking to see so many"critics" who can't get past the snakeskin jacket and some corny lines. At the core of this movie is a fresh take on a tragic , very realistic tale, impeccably acted by all. I was amazed at the lack of sucess and respect this movie was given. But when you think about it most of the realy good films get missed by the masses, and the critics, they are so used to mediocrity they cannot spot a piece of art if it walked up to them and bit them on the ass. So this movie will remain for me a treasure that I will cherish. Brody reminds me of James Dean , only more evolved. Expand

Wildly uneven romantic drama.
    To shine in a turd like this shows Brody has the stuff that -- damn the Oscar jinx -- makes an actor last.
    If this adaptation of Chinese punk-lit writer Wang Shuo's fiction doesn't survive its Bronx trick-out, you can't really blame Brody, whose luminous autodidact seems caught between camp and coolsville.