Love

7.6

1. RichardH.
    Jun 19, 2007
    Perhaps the worst film I have seen in a long time. Bad enough to prompt me to write my first "review". The acting is horrible, thin and dull. The score is abysmal. The photography amateurish and often from illogical angles. I initially turned the film off about 30 minutes in. I then gave it a second chance. It's often best to go with first instincts, especially so in this case. A must miss.

1. Reviewed by: John Anderson
    The action is compelling, the film good looking, the acting first rate and the circumstances -- people from neglected nations in an alienating if not hostile urban landscape -- is moving.
    A multi-perspectival film vastly superior to "Crash," Vladan Nikolic's dynamic thriller Love reinvigorates a stale cinematic format and imparts a compelling message all without a single head-on collision.
  3. Love is a mournful thriller about the myth of assimilation and the way nurture - or, more precisely, the lack of it - fashions identity and character. Elegantly directed by Vladan Nikolic using multiple viewpoints and an elliptical, nonlinear narrative, the movie presents a New World disrupted by old grievances and a neglected community living by its own rules.