7.2

1. Jul 18, 2011
    This movie may be what every indie movie tries to be, but that's what made it so unimpressive-- it tries too hard. It had some really nice acting from Timothy Hutton and the Culkins, but so much of it was trite indie quirk. I'm sure the ending was supposed to make you "think," but it was just uninspired. Martini may have potential, but this film definitely won't make him known for taking any chances. Expand
  2. Oct 16, 2011
    A touching tribute to the strains of an American family. I found it funny, sad, honest and the acting is sensational. The direction is classy, and it allows the performers to really shine. I highly suggest than any true film lover see this film. It's unlike any other I have seen over the last few years.
  3. May 16, 2012
    this movie was frustrating for me as i kept trying to care but kept losing interest. rory culkin is redeeming but the rest of the movie is hackneyed and forgettable.

Even when the drama gets overcooked, Lymelife sends off sparks.
  2. A period suburban rites-of-passage story with a pitch-perfect cast.
  3. Reviewed by: Rob Nelson
    Intense perfs by Rory Culkin and Alec Baldwin are standouts in a movie that brims with vivid supporting turns.