Truly Indie | Release Date: June 15, 2007
tbd
No score yet
WATCH NOW
oxanaAug 28, 2014
Sure, I'm ESL (English second language), but I understand the language fairly enough... It is such a pity I couldn't watch this movie with subtitles, because 85% of the time I had NO idea whatsoever what was being said. It was very hard toSure, I'm ESL (English second language), but I understand the language fairly enough... It is such a pity I couldn't watch this movie with subtitles, because 85% of the time I had NO idea whatsoever what was being said. It was very hard to follow, and I don't know if it was the words they used or possibly an accent that made it even harder.

It was interesting how clear the plot itself seemed to be while understanding every fifth sentence or so; I think all the lines were straight from Shakespeare's play, because they sure sounded like it, and I think that was rather cleverly executed. I think it was also rather clever how they used music and certain ways of portraying the scene without speaking when they couldn't deliver lines.

If only I had understood what was being said the rest of the time...

Two stars come from Sam Worthington being so incredibly pretty to look at. Also, I think the movie wasn't so bad (again, if only...), so I'm trying to judge it fairly despite my lack of understanding.

The plot turned a bit weird at places - delusional hallucinations, or something, driven by guilt or need for knowledge of one's destiny.
SimpsonFansAug 13, 2016

If only I had understood what was being said the rest of the time...