6.0

1. Sep 18, 2010
    Haters wanna hate. Lovers wanna love. I dont even want, none of the above. I want to piss on you. Yes I do. Ill piss on you. Ill pee on you. Drip-drip-drip.
  2. Sep 26, 2010
    I didn't expect it but it was a hilarious movie. A lot of very funny jokes and situations, funny and well played characters. Good cast and acting. Overall, a very good comedy.
  3. Sep 1, 2010
    Consistently idiotic (that's a plus here), very rude and timely given this year's flood of 80s style dumb action movies but only sporadically funny. Kristen Wiig is great as always and the love/sex scene is worth the price of admission alone. If you like action cliches spoofs, general silliness and have 95 minutes to waste... you'll probably have some fun.
  4. Sep 4, 2010
    I just love this movie. Even though the newer cast of SNL isn't as good as the mid 90's to early 00's were. Still this movie makes me laugh. If you love mindless comedy and laugh, almost, at anything - you'll love this

Don't go see this movie if you like to watch some crappy movie about a little boy who plays piano and want's to be a ballet dancer. Go home and suck your thumb.
  5. Sep 25, 2010
    "Funny from start to finish, i loved every second of this film, defiantly one of the best action comedies i have seen in a while, Will Forte does an awesome job bringing the SNL character to the Big screen. I love the Big screen feel of this film!" ... A
  6. Oct 15, 2010
    The jokes are entirely hit or miss, but the misses are far less frequent. Forte and Wiig are predictably daft and hilarious, but Phillippe surprises with comedic chops not really seen before. It is over-the-top, incredibly silly, and mostly hilarious. And I laughed every time "Von Cunth" was spoken.
  7. Nov 9, 2010
    I heard this movie sucked when it was out in theaters but when I saw it it exceeded my expectations. I personally thought it was funny as hell. You're either gonna really like this movie, or you have a whack sense of humor and you're gonna think it's one of the stupidest films ever.
  8. Mar 13, 2011
    Silly, juvenile, sophomoric...and absolutely brilliant. How could anyone have expected more from a full-length version of a MacGruber skit?? It is a silly SNL skit, for God's sake! Gratuitous in language, violence and 80's references, the only reason not to like this movie is if you thought they shouldn't have made a movie version of it. Deal with it. They made it. And if you were aSilly, juvenile, sophomoric...and absolutely brilliant. How could anyone have expected more from a full-length version of a MacGruber skit?? It is a silly SNL skit, for God's sake! Gratuitous in language, violence and 80's references, the only reason not to like this movie is if you thought they shouldn't have made a movie version of it. Deal with it. They made it. And if you were a fan of the skit, I cannot imagine why you wouldn't have loved the film. Collapse
  9. Sep 15, 2010
    how do you take a mildley funny 3 min sketch from SNL and make it into a 90 min movie for the big screen? the answer is you dont . atleast not a very funny one. macgruber in its sketch form is kinda funny with the way they poke fun of mcguyver and him getting blown up at the end of every sketch and the funny song but as a movie it shoulda never been done. the humor in this movie is sohow do you take a mildley funny 3 min sketch from SNL and make it into a 90 min movie for the big screen? the answer is you dont . atleast not a very funny one. macgruber in its sketch form is kinda funny with the way they poke fun of mcguyver and him getting blown up at the end of every sketch and the funny song but as a movie it shoulda never been done. the humor in this movie is so childish its rediculas . if you are in the age of 10-16 you might find this funny. i found most of it unfunny. there was a couple of funny moments where i had a good laugh but most of it was just to stupid and just had me shaking my head in disbelief that some thing could be this stupid. Expand
  10. Oct 3, 2010
    This movie is simply junk. For the millions they spent making this, couldn't the producers get a decent script, some funny jokes? And they wonder why movie studios are losing money.
  11. Nov 2, 2010
    This movie so terrible that I couldn't stand of this character is acting like a jerk,jackass,and retarded! This is the worst spinoff that it's based on the SNL and it's nothing interesting about him. I couldn't even laugh this movie to the beginning and to the end. The jokes are so lame,the characters are so stupid,the story is a mess,the plot makes no sense about the character and theyThis movie so terrible that I couldn't stand of this character is acting like a jerk,jackass,and retarded! This is the worst spinoff that it's based on the SNL and it's nothing interesting about him. I couldn't even laugh this movie to the beginning and to the end. The jokes are so lame,the characters are so stupid,the story is a mess,the plot makes no sense about the character and they couldn't explain about him,it's just a based on the the character that he did shorts in SNL that's all they got. And how so STUPID that this movie is completely dumb that the viewers are enjoying this movie that is nothing to offer! Those viewers are idiots and that's fine like that! The critics are SO STUPID! Hey viewers,SHUT THE F@#$K UP,NO ONE CARES ABOUT HOW YOUR REVIEWING ARE,GO ENJOY IN THE WATER SLIDE FOR STUPID MOVIE! Expand
  12. Nov 15, 2010
    Just if you have not better to do in a rainy Sunday afternoon... Few laughs, tries to have the essence of Tropic Thunder but fails. Best parts are the car stereos one
  13. Nov 19, 2010
    I was honestly stunned at how bad this movie was, considering how funny the SNL cast members are in general. This was one of the worst comedies I've seen in a long time, I'd place it in the same group as those horrible _____ Movie. Yes, that bad. I laughed maybe twice in the entire movie.
  14. Jun 1, 2011
    hahahahahahahah i love this movie for some strange reason. yes macgruber was a dick and an **** but he was funny. the movie is fun and it keeps you going. its cool. i liked it a lot. macgruber is a hit.
  15. CRL
    Aug 30, 2011
    It's funny that Hollywood keeps trying to make SNL skits into movies. News flash: it doesn't work. Another news flash: there are only so many f-bombs one can drop, so many sex-jokes one can make, so many completely overpowered explosions one can show, before they stop being funny and just start being stupid.
  16. Dec 6, 2011
    Some people hate it, some people love it. Macgruber is a kind of movie which has such immature and idiotic humor cause it to be a large success. Going into this, i thought it was going to suck, i came out realizing how wrong i had been. Iv'e seen Macgruber 4 times and i still laugh at the jokes
  17. Feb 2, 2012
    All you Hipster homos that bash movies like this really need to learn how to let go and laugh. This movie was hilarious! It's nothing like the SNL skit, so anyone using that connection didn't actually watch it. Probably the funniest movie since the greatest of them all: Tommy Boy.
  18. Dec 11, 2012
    I didn't have high expectations when going into this movie. I remember enjoying the Macgyver TV show as a kid. I also enjoyed the MacGruber skits on SNL. This was a really silly movie as is to be expected. The movie had some good laughs in it, that's all I really expect from a silly parody film. Was it one of the best comedies I've ever seen? -- no. Was it decently funny and entertaining? - - yes.
  19. Sep 5, 2014
    **** amazing, gold. Immature,yes. But hey we all need a bit of it. Sex scenes with ghosts, couldn't ask for much more. Oh wait, yes there was more, including an 'A-team" being blown to pieces by home made dynamite

1. Reviewed by: John DeFore
    Utterly disposable but diverting, MacGruber manages to spin feature-length product out of an idea that few would try expanding beyond a "Saturday Night Live" skit.
    How the hell can you take an SNL skit that runs 90 seconds and stretch it to a 90-minute feature? Sounds excruciating. But MacGruber breaks the jinx by putting the skit in the context of a 1980s action movie and creating its own brand of explosive lunacy.
  3. Think of a really bad, uncensored Saturday Night Live comedy sketch. Then make it worse – make it longer.