6.7

1. Mar 29, 2014
    I reviewed the second Machete, so I thought I would review the first one, because I thought it deserved it. :) Machete is the first Danny Trejo balls out action flick that was directed by Robert Rodriquez and Ethan Manquiz. The story is not the best out there but enjoyable. And you get to see Robert De Niro! Danny trejo is awesome as Machete, he was funny and ass kicking at the same time. This movie was packed with suspense, powerful performances and cheesy twists and gore! Watch it and you'll be entertained throughout. Expand
  2. Mar 11, 2014
    i love danny trejo as the guy who kicks ass and gets the woman . but i love the sequel more it has more violence this one is okay i guess what is there to look forward in this movie .
  3. Mar 4, 2014
    Great fun, and after a strong start, I thought I was in for a treat, but it slowly went downhill. There's only so much tongue in cheek I can take before it grates on me, and not even the last action scene can make up for that. A few other issues and plot holes throughout, so it doesn't surpass an average solid action film for me.
  4. Feb 8, 2014
    Yet another brainless cheesy action movie by Robert Rodriguez which is way to reminiscent of the 1980’s and so violent it makes Tarantino look Pee Wee Herman. However it is also yet another brainless cheesy action movie by Robert Rodriguez which is extremely entertaining and intentionally tacky. Pretty much every action movie star in movie history appears in Machete from Steven Segal to Danny Trejo to Robert De Niro. Machete may be undecided on whether it is a parody or an action satire but either way I enjoyed it. Expand
  5. Jan 26, 2014
    He's fun by moments but bad at all...........................................................................................................................................
  6. Jan 22, 2014
    This feels like two films in one. The first being the portions seen in the 'Grindhouse' trailer; explosions, sex, violence. The second a weak inner conflict between a man and his past. While this could have been good, its only so-so.
  7. Jul 30, 2013
    Very good for a trash movie blood and guts everywhere. Plot is very simple and even stupid but such kind of movies does not need it much. Awesome crew Michelle Rodrigues, Dennie Trecho, Jessica Alba, Steplen Sigal. Only Lindsey Lochan looks like on drugs. But she is actually on drugs in movie and in real life too. You should watch this, if you like blood meatgrinder like Crank.
  8. Jul 28, 2013
    A generic action movie with a good cast. The story is ok and the characters could use some work. If you're looking for an action movie to blow off some steam this is for you.
  9. Jul 18, 2013
    An all around fun B action movie. This film is supposed to be campy and ridiculous, but unlike movies like the Expendables this has a interesting script that works. I've never seen Intestines used in such a way. B+
  10. Jun 29, 2013
    Machete is Robert Rodriguez's film based on his mock trailer made for the double grindhouse release of Quentin Tarantino's Death Proof and his own Planet Terror. B-Grade superstar Danny Trejo stars as the title character. Those that have seen the mock trailer, or the grindhouse films, know the style of yester-year that Machete is representing. Cheap, nasty, and funny is the order of the day for this kind of film. Rodriguez clearly knows his genre and audience. He goes all out with this over-the-top action flick. The story is, of course, ridiculous. Machete is betrayed by some "above the law" dudes and has to get revenge by slicing and dicing whoever gets in his way. The film does what it says on the cover. Don't go in expecting a glimmer of subtlety or characterization. Go in expecting action, action, blood, oh and action. This would be all well and good except for some slight problems. The unashamedly preachy messages against the Mexican/United States border does get a bit tiring, as does the repetitive nature of the violence (after some interesting action set- pieces they all become similar, except towards the end). Also, this kind of film needs to be much snappier and shorter. It's around twenty minutes too long so that the humor and overall style tends to drag on a bit. Machete holds it's tongue permanently in cheek and Danny Trejo milks every scene as much as he possibly can. Jessica Alba, Michelle Rodriguez and Lindsay Lohan all make for good eye candy and there are some very funny moments. All in all, this exercise in grindhouse excess should keep the fans of this style very happy, even if it can slightly bore others. Expand
  11. Mar 29, 2013
    Machete is mindless, gory, and cheesy. Which is exactly what it's suppose to be. The film wasn't intended to be great story, with compelling acting. It's a b-movie, these films are suppose to be over the top gore, mindless action, sexy girls, and with poor to average acting, not meant to be taken seriously. For what it is, Machete is a great movie
  12. Mar 23, 2013
    This movie should just be named "blood, crazy, knives, and nothing else," It was a pointless movie, Girl naked just for the sake of having a girl naked, and it matched the rest of everything in this movie. This movie got a better rating than the movie "Safe," but I don`t see how. I guess it`s just a bunch of fans who love the cast, and will just like anything they are in, cause it does happen to have a stronger cast. Expand
  13. Mar 18, 2013
    You can look at this film four different ways. 1) You can see it as a gleeful everyday stylized action thrilling film 2) You can see it as a sentimental revenge flick 3) You can see it as another great and strong direction by Rodriguez or 4) You can see it as a chance to teach Jessica Alba on how you pronounce Machete.
  14. Feb 9, 2013
    The acting is so bad that it's laughable and trust me, I laughed many times. Trejo is the only decent part of the cast, Mainly because he doesn't have much in terms of dialogue. The gory action is entertaining to watch but Machete is still quite possibly the stupidest movie of all time.
  15. Feb 3, 2013
    this is really baaad Film from director of sincity this film is wayesting time in every direction i want throughout this film to trash iam intesting how should be possible someone take 8 or 7 to this film from my openion this film should give 1 or maximum 2
  16. Nov 28, 2012
    The kind of film many B-Movie filmmakers have always wanted to make but have never come close, "Machete" is silly, simple, and incessant . . . in the best way possible.
  17. Nov 7, 2012
    A combination of literally gut-spewing violence, hot girls, and some wacko political agendas make for one hell of a film that's guaranteed to entertain.
  18. Aug 25, 2012
    I watched this film with little expectation but was shocked to find that I loved the film. It is almost a parody of many poor action films and doesn't try to be anything it isn't. A phenomenal cast is led fantastically by Danny Trejo and I would love it if they made a sequel.
  19. Jul 15, 2012
    Machete is bloody, crazy fun. It's not meant to be taken seriously. Steven Segal is the most over the top, terrible actor, and his portrayal of the movie's main antagonist is actually incredibly funny. I hope it was intentional. In truth, Machete should be considered a comedy. And it's so bad it's actually really good.
  20. May 16, 2012
    It has explosions. It has hot chicks. It has a mindless shootings. It has striking catchphrases. What do you need more than this to have fun? For me, nothing. It's a incrible movie.
  21. Mar 10, 2012
    While I like actor that played Machete, this movie was probably one of the worst movies I have ever seen. It is just sad that there are some people that feel the need to pump this movie up because of the political statement that it makes. Especially when the statement it makes is flat out false. That is absolutely pathetic. The acting was poor, the story was poor, but I hope to see the actor that played Machete in more movies in the future. Hopefully something with a better story and much better acting. Expand
  22. Mar 3, 2012
    The moment a young woman nonchalantly pulls a cell phone out of her cootch for no particular reason, this film hits rock bottom and never recovers. Unfortunately for Machete, this disgusting event takes place about 5 minutes in. A shockingly solid B-movie cast (Jeff Fahey, especially) is wasted in this exploitative trash that starts with a bang (the first few minutes, anyway) then instantly succumbs to an unambiguously and pretentiously preachy "illegal Mexican immigrants throw off the shackles of your oppressors!" narrative nose-dive. Utterly vile and the complete opposite of entertaining. Robert Rodriguez at his all-time worst, which is saying a lot, given his embarrassing resume. Expand
  23. Dec 27, 2011
    "Machete" One Line Review! B+!

It's one of the most ridiculous and entertaining things I've ever watched, a throw back to action flicks of yesteryear. Do not go if you have a weak stomach, lots of gore. Gets a B+!
  24. Oct 25, 2011
    Machete joins the A list of the biggest movie badasses of all time. The style of the movie works well with the humour and the over the top action is very entertaining. The story is fun and the inner messages of the film gives the movie substance. The middle of the movie does drag a little but the thrilling action finale makes up for it. Machete is a fun action movie with some substance to think about afterwards. Recommended. Expand
  25. j30
    Sep 22, 2011
    Very funny up until about halfway, then you wish it was over. At least Planet Terror keeps your attention. Robert Rodriguez is wasting his time with projects like this. Is Sin City 2 ever going to come out? Or better yet is Robert Rodriguez ever going to make a original, creative movie like Desperado again?
  26. Sep 15, 2011
    The B-movie "Machete", based on the fake trailer in "Planet Terror", gives nothing new but blood and gore. However, "Machete", which has a more clear story and objective, is an exception
  27. Aug 3, 2011
    This one was good. The cast were made of talented people just as Robert De Niro and Danny Trejo. The violence was high but it was what made this movie cool. I cant stop thinking about that gut ripping-swinging scene in the hospital. Really good action in this one...
  28. Jul 31, 2011
    funny is the word. serious is the tone. and very little action i didn't expect that. this movie is toned down by political overtones. its okay. but it will grow on you in the near future. Machete was a hero and legend. Lindsay lohan gets naked YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!
  29. May 31, 2011
    Bad, and not in a good way. No, I didn't misunderstand the film, but what a perfect way to waste the talent of an all-star cast! It's comical to a point, which is the films strong suit, but eventually it just stops being funny and slumps into TOO MUCH over the top action and gore. What a disappointment!
  30. Apr 19, 2011
    I expected this movie to be filled with gratuitous violence and campy humor. In fact that is why I rented it. I thought it would be fun. What I did not expect was for it to be this bad. The violence is frequent but the humor is few and far between. It's also a very divisive movie, filled with egregious stereotypes of all races. It seemed like it was intentionally designed to fan the flames of the illegal immigrant firestorm. They threw some big name stars in the mix to make it appealing, I guess, but their roles are terrible. Lohan is just there to be nude. Alba is there to be cute. Deniro must just be there because the wrote him a big check. I can't recommend this film, in fact I suggest you avoid it. Expand

Any movie that finds a plausible reason to give Lindsay Lohan a nun's habit and a machine gun is worth your attention.
  2. Machete is insanely violent, insanely over-the-top. It's pretty much flat-out insane.
  3. In the end, Machete may not be all that original, but it is fresh – fresh as a steel blade to the gut.