8.8

1. Aug 11, 2014
    The film can't decide what it is. A romantic film? Thriller ? Black comedy? Unfortunately the film is non of these and it is rather dull. They could have mad a better film with this great cast.
  2. Mar 14, 2012
    I liked this film a lot since my first viewing. It's extremely weird, but that's it's charm. By being so weird and bizarre it actually feels more real than most movies. Life isn't clean-cut or perfect. Life can be very awkward, and things can be dark. The people you meet, the relationships you have with them, tend to just happen, and happen in ways you don't plan or expect.I liked this film a lot since my first viewing. It's extremely weird, but that's it's charm. By being so weird and bizarre it actually feels more real than most movies. Life isn't clean-cut or perfect. Life can be very awkward, and things can be dark. The people you meet, the relationships you have with them, tend to just happen, and happen in ways you don't plan or expect. Everything about this film is slightly offbeat, making decisions that aren't necessarily smart. The cast is fantastic, the tone is great, the film is pretty slow, and strange, both too bizarre to be realistic, but bizarre enough to be somewhat real. It's not a perfect film, it can be a bit cheesy at times, and it's certainly not for everyone. It's even fairly shallow. But to capture the comedy of life, finding the humour of the smaller and stranger things. It does a great job. Collapse

Mad Dog and Glory, thankfully, finds the director in remarkable form, crafting an engrossing new film out of what might have been, in less competent hands, simply another Hollywood formula movie.
    Mad Dog and Glory is one of the few recent movies where it helps to pay close attention. Some of the best moments come quietly and subtly, in a nuance of dialogue or a choice of timing. The movie is very funny, but it's not broad humor, it's humor born of personality quirks and the style of the performances.
    Taken as a whole, Mad Dog and Glory is a disappointingly mixed bag. What's on the screen is passably diverting, but I often felt as if I was seeing only half the movie. With this intriguing premise and cast, the film should have offered more complete entertainment.