6.7

1. Jan 13, 2013
    Madagascar 3 is by far the best one yet the entire 93 minutes of the movie was very entertaining. The story was done to perfection the visual effects was spectacular and the animation was done brilliantly The creators of Madagascar did a really good job like I said before the story was very good and kept me very much entertained if Madagascar 3 was this good just imagine how good the nextMadagascar 3 is by far the best one yet the entire 93 minutes of the movie was very entertaining. The story was done to perfection the visual effects was spectacular and the animation was done brilliantly The creators of Madagascar did a really good job like I said before the story was very good and kept me very much entertained if Madagascar 3 was this good just imagine how good the next instalment will be. What I liked most was they kept the same actors to do the voices and this is one reason why madagascar 3 was so good.The music/songs they chose really suited the film everything was done to perfection.This movie is worthy of a solid 10 Expand
  2. Jun 8, 2012
    Madagascar 3: Europe's most wanted is a great family film. It has everything! The visuals are stunning, the jokes come out of nowhere, and the additional characters are hilarious. Although i wasn't a huge fan of the first two, this movie took me by surprise. It moves along at a loony tunes pace and never lets go. The climax circus scene is pure eye candy and reminds me of Elephants onMadagascar 3: Europe's most wanted is a great family film. It has everything! The visuals are stunning, the jokes come out of nowhere, and the additional characters are hilarious. Although i wasn't a huge fan of the first two, this movie took me by surprise. It moves along at a loony tunes pace and never lets go. The climax circus scene is pure eye candy and reminds me of Elephants on Parade. Next to the Avengers, another great summer 2012 movie. Expand
  3. Jun 9, 2012
    Again, one of my favorite animated sagas return to the big screen, and I need say: AMAZING!!. Madagascar 3 is the best movie of the saga, and again the critics have a mistake. The animation on this new Dreamworks movie is fantastic, and the 3D a big sorprise. The story is funny in all the moments, have an interesting parts, and the better is that close in a perfect mode the story of theAgain, one of my favorite animated sagas return to the big screen, and I need say: AMAZING!!. Madagascar 3 is the best movie of the saga, and again the critics have a mistake. The animation on this new Dreamworks movie is fantastic, and the 3D a big sorprise. The story is funny in all the moments, have an interesting parts, and the better is that close in a perfect mode the story of the madagasca movies. Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted is funny. Expand
  4. Jun 16, 2013
    I seldom laugh out loud whilst watching a film, but this one easily passed the ‘6 laugh test’. There are some delightfully funny sight gags and some really subtle dialogue that, I’m guessing, was deliberately put in for the adults. All of the performances were great, as far as voice-only performances can be. The stand-out for me was Francis McDormand; she really got into the part! It’s aI seldom laugh out loud whilst watching a film, but this one easily passed the ‘6 laugh test’. There are some delightfully funny sight gags and some really subtle dialogue that, I’m guessing, was deliberately put in for the adults. All of the performances were great, as far as voice-only performances can be. The stand-out for me was Francis McDormand; she really got into the part! It’s a film that was never going to win any awards, but, you know, it did exactly what it was meant to do, and that’s entertain. Aside from a couple of annoying musical numbers (which are probably featured in the trailer) I found it quite a surprising delight. Definitely recommended for both young and old alike.

SteelMonster’s verdict: RECOMMENDED

My score: 7.9/10
  5. Aug 13, 2013
    The first two parts were very disappointing to me, so i watched this movie with very low expectations. To my surprise, i found this installment so much better than its predecessors in every way. Visuals. Humor. Story. Everything. I'm really glad i checked it out.
  6. Jun 20, 2012
    Don't get me wrong, Madagascar 3 is not really good as the rating I gave. Even with its uneven pacing, Madagascar 3 is fresh, dazzling and ridiculously fun, the best on franchise entry.
  7. Jun 27, 2012
    Madagascar 3. A fast paced, over the top, hilarious animated comedy. Watching this movie almost made me feel like my head was going to explode. With so much going on all at once and not being able to process or think of what's actually happening at times, along with making you laugh non-stop can really give you a head ace by the end of this wild ride. Is it anything like the first two? NotMadagascar 3. A fast paced, over the top, hilarious animated comedy. Watching this movie almost made me feel like my head was going to explode. With so much going on all at once and not being able to process or think of what's actually happening at times, along with making you laugh non-stop can really give you a head ace by the end of this wild ride. Is it anything like the first two? Not really. Is it crazy and over the top for an animated movie? Yes. Is is funny? Definitely. Madagascar 3 is a winner for a summer hit. Take the kids, they'll be more then happy that you did. Expand
  8. Sep 30, 2012
    Can't believe I enjoyed this movie. the traillers didn't look promising. Best Madagascar than the first two combined. Well casted, great plot and humour is hilarious without having to reference pop-culture (Dreamworks are learning from their mistakes judging by their last three films before this). The Animation is stunning. Once again Sacha Baron Cohen steals the show as King Julian, ThatCan't believe I enjoyed this movie. the traillers didn't look promising. Best Madagascar than the first two combined. Well casted, great plot and humour is hilarious without having to reference pop-culture (Dreamworks are learning from their mistakes judging by their last three films before this). The Animation is stunning. Once again Sacha Baron Cohen steals the show as King Julian, That man can do no wrong. If you felt burned by what Pixar and Blue Sky had to offer this year. Then I suggest you watch this. Expand
  9. Oct 8, 2012
    I can't believe I am saying it, but Dreamworks has finally exceeded Pixar. While Pixar tries its hardest to emulate the Dreamworks formula, the studio itself has managed to perfect the formula it's done for a long time now. The first Madagascar was scatter shot, the second one was better, but the third one ranks with Kung Fu Panda as one of their best. Funny, moving, and well animated,I can't believe I am saying it, but Dreamworks has finally exceeded Pixar. While Pixar tries its hardest to emulate the Dreamworks formula, the studio itself has managed to perfect the formula it's done for a long time now. The first Madagascar was scatter shot, the second one was better, but the third one ranks with Kung Fu Panda as one of their best. Funny, moving, and well animated, it has a great theme for kids everywhere, that whilst has been done to death but done so well here. Expand
  10. Nov 5, 2012
    Madagascar 3 is tame, kid-friendly and pretty amusing. However its impossible to break the feeling that its very cut-standard kids fare and has very little entertainment value for any watching parents. Not a bad film, but very predictable Hollywood fare.
  11. Jul 6, 2013
    Madagascar 3 is probably the most colourful, bright and energetic film you will see this year. Freshened up with additional characters, the writing is funny for both children and adults, although slightly uneven throughout the film.

Most of the laughs come from Stefano the sea lion, King Julien or the penguins rather than the main characters, the voices of which can become borderline irritating after hearing them in three films. The writing makes homages to plenty of other films, my favourite being the banana gun fired from the plane, which shot in slow-motion as with many stylish action sequences, had banana skins flying out and building up rather than shell casings. The nationalities represented by the new characters of the circus, specifically Eastern Europe and Italy, are shamelessly stereotyped. Although I don't take issue with it, on the contrary the Italian sea lion (voiced by Martin Short) was the funniest character in my view, it is lazy writing to rely on these stereotypes so heavily.

The sequence from the film's start to the end of the chase through Monte Carlo, along parts of the F1 circuit no less, was a brilliant and the highlight of the film. It's unfortunate that this was the first twenty minutes.

Colourful, energetic and often funny third outing for the popular franchise
  12. Mar 8, 2014
    Without a doubt, it's the best so far. It's so cheerful, frenzy and I had a lot of fun with it. The beginning was a bit "ehh", but from 20 minutes onward, it was great. If you enjoyed the first two, this one is a necessity.
  13. Jul 28, 2012
    Honestly This Is A Childrens Movie! Its A 7 Nothing Special..
    Yes This Is The Weakest In The Series Sadly But Not Bad!
    Voice Cast In Amazing!
  14. Jun 19, 2012
    This is a good movie, and the animation was great. I would really like to see DreamWorks make more movies like this. :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
  15. Jun 24, 2012
    The best of the 3. I loved this movie! It is definitely one of my favorite movies of the year. I must say it has been a great year for movies so far. We've gotten so many good films to come out. Also, there's been a lot of really funny movies to come out including my personal favorite comedy of the year so far Project X. Madagascar 3 is probably the second funniest movie I have seen allThe best of the 3. I loved this movie! It is definitely one of my favorite movies of the year. I must say it has been a great year for movies so far. We've gotten so many good films to come out. Also, there's been a lot of really funny movies to come out including my personal favorite comedy of the year so far Project X. Madagascar 3 is probably the second funniest movie I have seen all year. I was cracking up the whole time and was almost out of breath for laughing so hard at times. The scene that I laughed so hard with was the Polka-dot Afro scene. That part was HILARIOUS! I'm a big fan of the Madagascar movies and I'm sure those who are not big fans will even enjoy it. Bring on another one. I am ready for it. Expand
  16. Jul 3, 2012
    No doubt it is by far the best of the Madagascar series. However, it is still a fun family movie nevertheless. I feel most critics and users review and score this movie very seriously without looking at the fact that it is not meant to win awards or score points with critics. It is made for family's, for parents to take their kids to see so everyone can enjoy and laugh. Sure it is not aNo doubt it is by far the best of the Madagascar series. However, it is still a fun family movie nevertheless. I feel most critics and users review and score this movie very seriously without looking at the fact that it is not meant to win awards or score points with critics. It is made for family's, for parents to take their kids to see so everyone can enjoy and laugh. Sure it is not a superb movie, but it delivers what it promises; Laughter and good old family summer fun. Anyone that scores or reviews this game on anything more than that I think needs to kick back and try to relax. Expand
  17. Jul 6, 2012
    Great movie. A great comedy as well. I love the story. Great movie for the whole family. I recommend it for everyone. And the scenes with animal control was truly very funny. I cracked up at a lot of scenes. Overall, great movie, and no work is needed, it was truly amazing.
  18. Aug 12, 2012
    I liked it. I couldnt remember the first and second movies well enough to compare it to this one, but again, I liked this movie. There were a couple of good humor, although this movie is atrocious in terms of character development and follows through a string of generic animated movies.
  19. Nov 3, 2012
    The best movie of the saga.
  20. Apr 22, 2013
    Madagascar 2 was bit boring, but this is EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  21. Feb 16, 2013
    I like the series, but nothing special about it. Not the most epic animation series. I do like the characters and the actors that play them, the animals seem to match them in a strange way lol
  22. Jan 7, 2013
    The critics need glasses, Madagascar 3 is excellent and has lots of comedy throughout it making look like a Saturday afternoon kids movie. This involves the first kids movie set in Monte Carlo and the circus scenes are breath-takingly beautiful. And Katy Perry singing Fireworks makes it like this is a superb movie. To the negative raters: YOU ARE BLIND :D!
  23. Jan 2, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie is the best of the Madagascar series. This movie has great visuals especially after the first hour. The movie left of where the second one ended. Alex, Marty, Gloria and Melvin decide to go the penguins instead of the penguins going to them. The villain is better than the past villains and the songs are more of a pop sort of soundtrack. The only lagging parts of the movie are the cliches especially the liar reviewed cliche. Over all it's a stunning visual movie over all one of Dreamworks' finest accomplishments. Expand
  24. Jan 12, 2013
    I like that movie. "Madagascar 3" is one of my best favorite movies I ever liked and watched whatever I like. Give "Madagascar 3" a two thumbs up. It is awesome.
  25. Jan 25, 2013
    Madagascar 3 is the best of the series. It has more action, jokes that make you laugh out loud, and an interesting storyline. The graphics are stunning, especially in when they are performing in the circus. I watched this with my dad and he loved it even more then the children! To those who didn't like the movie, shame on you.
  26. Mar 23, 2013
    These are one of the few animated films I would think 10/10. All of what was done was brilliant, 93 minutes of fun, I was glad to see this on the big screen. For all of those who hated it, why?!?
  27. Jan 29, 2015
    Absolutamente o melhor da série,Super divertido até para um adulto e adolescentes,Cheio de cor de ação boas risadas uma boa viagem no mundo do circo e de Madagascar!!!
  28. Sep 22, 2013
    What's up with the bad reviews? 6.5 is hardly what this movie deserves, I found it witty, cute and fun. What more can you possibly want from a family film? (I also really liked the voice acting, David Schwimmer and Chris Rock were epic)
  29. Jan 2, 2014
    Madagascar 1 was good, number 2 was better and this third one was amazing. I loved the craziness of it and its fast pacing. The dialogue is often very funny, even for an adult. The animation is superb, the voices (Swedish in my case) are very, very good. And the song number (Je ne regret rien) is one of the craziest, best and wonderfully avantgarde scenes in the often dull and conservativeMadagascar 1 was good, number 2 was better and this third one was amazing. I loved the craziness of it and its fast pacing. The dialogue is often very funny, even for an adult. The animation is superb, the voices (Swedish in my case) are very, very good. And the song number (Je ne regret rien) is one of the craziest, best and wonderfully avantgarde scenes in the often dull and conservative animation world. I could see this film over and over many times in contrast to most other films. Expand
  30. Oct 14, 2014
    The third installment in the Madagascar series creates colorful visuals, interesting characters, and the story gets a lot more interesting. This is a series of films that just gets better and better.
  31. Mar 13, 2015
    Does make you wonder why the franchise is still called 'Madagascar' seeing as it has nothing to do with that island anymore but hey. I feel that another may be stretching the premise end of the day, they have come full circle and we've seen a good array of animalistic sights from the city, native Africa, at sea and a classic circus. 'Always leave them wanting more' I believe is the wellDoes make you wonder why the franchise is still called 'Madagascar' seeing as it has nothing to do with that island anymore but hey. I feel that another may be stretching the premise end of the day, they have come full circle and we've seen a good array of animalistic sights from the city, native Africa, at sea and a classic circus. 'Always leave them wanting more' I believe is the well known saying, but that doesn't necessarily mean do loads more. Expand
  32. Dec 6, 2015
    Very good movie of our favorite New Yorkers animals, now throwing on the run in Monaco , also knowing circus animals , taking into account an amazing adventure , but good not returned to New York ?
  33. Dec 9, 2015
    The entire thing is a master peace,Firework (by Katy perry) is a good song to use in the movie.And I like the new character's and the old ones, everything here is a improvement.
  34. Apr 19, 2016
    I liked it. I couldn't remember the first and second movies well enough to compare it to this one, but again, I liked this movie. There were a couple of good humour, although this movie is atrocious in terms of character development and follows through a string of generic animated movies.
  35. Jan 21, 2016
    It's literally the best in the franchise. Others not saying so and giving it bad reviews is pleased to go check my profile and go find my latest low score and give that a 0 on the way too.
  36. Apr 1, 2016
    Madagascar films just get better and better. The first installment was ok, the second was an improvement but still nothing special, but, this one is pretty damn good.

The humor is similar, but the scale is bigger, faster and brighter in “Madagascar 3: Europe’s Most Wanted,” this summer’s installment in DreamWorks Animation’s billion-dollar-grossing franchise. The images, styled after Miroslav Sasek’s illustrations, still charm, and the movies’ returning directors, Eric Darnell and Tom McGrath, keep their machine humming. A third director, Conrad Vernon, has joined them, perhaps to accommodate the heightened pyrotechnics.

The principals (Ben Stiller voicing Alex the leader lion; Chris Rock as Marty the effusive zebra; Jada Pinkett Smith as the ungainly Gloria the hippo; and David Schwimmer as the neurotic Melman the giraffe) also cruise comfortably, benefiting from their usual solid and abundant support, including the quasi-military penguin squad (stars of their own TV series) and Sacha Baron Cohen as the lemur King Julien.

The story — the four join a European circus to escape a predatory French animal-control official (a delightful Frances McDormand) literally after Alex’s head — has them leaving Africa for Monaco, the Swiss Alps, Rome, London and New York. And meeting a gruff tiger, Vitaly (Bryan Cranston); a spry jaguar, Gia (Jessica Chastain); and a garrulous sea lion, Stefano (Martin Short). Alex flirts with Gia, while Julien romances Sonya, a bear. (Gloria and Melman hooked up in “M2.”) Life lessons in the script (partly by Noah Baumbach, Mr. Stiller’s “Greenberg” director) are desultory, but a late twist is surprising.

Where “Madagascar 3” soars is in its visuals: A Monte Carlo chase is vertiginously madcap; a Cirque du Soleil-style spectacle dazzles with rich pastels; the 3-D effects have wit and invention. Kids will be stimulated. And, parents, you’ll enjoy the sights.

1. Reviewed by: Chris Hewitt (1)
    Oct 15, 2012
    While it may blunder down the odd comedy cul-de-sac, Madagascar 3 is often inspired and very, very funny.
  2. Reviewed by: Staff (Not Credited)
    Oct 1, 2012
    The ghost of Tex Avery is alive and well in a frenetic sequel that does more than reheat and serve. Madagascar 4? Don't bet against it.
  3. Reviewed by: Michelle Orange
    Jun 10, 2012
    Manages to surprise with a charm and wit all its own.