6.9

1. Oct 13, 2014
    The Madagascar sequel is a lot funnier and well paced than the original, I wouldn't say it's groundbreaking or anything like that but for the most part it's actually alright. Memorable characters, kinda' drags a bit, but it's still pretty entertaining.
  2. Oct 5, 2014
    Madagascar retorna menos potente que o primeiro filme, mas ainda ótimo. Talvez o maior destaque tenha ficado por conta dos pinguins, que aparecem mais.
  3. Apr 30, 2014
    An okay sequel to an okay first movie, Madagascar 2 may even be better than the first one in some scenes, but overall it seems a bit tired and sloppy.
  4. Mar 8, 2014
    Personally, I enjoyed the first one more. But it comes really close. The sequel is still pretty silly but it's also quite funny. If they could mix the consistency of humor and action better, it would have been great.
  5. Feb 21, 2014
    This film is nothing spectacular in fact it is just alright but I’m cool with that. Unlike the first film this one is kind of enjoyable. While it is not laugh at loud funny the film has a lot more heart, the main characters while still just alright I actually have a reason to care for them this time around, the penguins are used better, and the animation looks nice. I’m not going to recommend this film as it is not as good as something like Shrek 1 & 2 or Kung Fu Panda; however, this is a passable film and if you want something passable then this is it. Fans of the first film should check this out as it has more of the same characters and nice humor. This isn’t a drastic improvement so much as it will win people over who didn’t like the first one but if you are going into this film expecting another somewhat annoying film don’t worry it’s a bit better than the first one. This film is nothing but ok but it surpassed the first one and that’s good enough for me. It’s a rental, which is a lot more than I can say for other animated films like The Wild. Expand
  6. Nov 28, 2013
    Devoid of some great aspects of 'Madagascar', 'Escape to Africa' is, in all, a neatly written comedy, though it has dumbed down significantly from the first. The penguins are hysterical, the main five are great, and a goodbye to the hilarious Bernie Mac.
  7. Nov 13, 2013
    Madagascar attempts to recapture its image.
    The film is semi-productive in its story which the first one seriously lacked. The only real problem is that the comedic element isn't but so apparent here. In conclusion, its entertaining, but not amazing.
  8. Aug 12, 2013
    Not the best franchise to come out of Dreamworks. This installment lacks any kind of humor, story, or interesting characters. Only the penguin characters (and they appear in very few scenes) save this movie from being a total waste of time.
  9. Aug 5, 2013
    I think is better than preguel and sequel- more touching, less weird humor and animation is somehow better. Only what i hate is huge reference to Lion King, but otherwise, is fun for whole family
  10. Jul 4, 2013
    "Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa" is a fun tale that is certainly enjoyable to watch, but it's story may feel similar to the first, and does lack in alot of qualities that the best animated fare have to offer.
  11. Dec 18, 2012
    Marginally better than the first. Characters have a little more depth and the humor is more balanced. That being said, it is still sadly mediocre.
  12. Aug 17, 2012
    Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa is a limp relative to the original Madagascar. The jokes aren't as funny and the plot isn't as interesting. Not much to say beyond that. The penguins are still funny, though.
  13. Mar 9, 2012
    This sequel is even better than the original. The story is much better and there are more characters this time around. There is even a lesson to be learned from this Madagascar movie. It is a signifigant improvement.
  14. Jan 29, 2012
    A lot better than its predecessor but not well executed ans still has a whole bunch of the main flaws the first one had, but it is a well animated film and children will enjoy it. I give this movie 62%.
  15. Nov 30, 2011
    Why Dreamworks? Why? The first film is so much better, nothing is really that funny in this film, it seems a lot less sophisticated than the first. An amazing disappointment.
  16. Oct 23, 2011
    Nothing's changed in the game of Dream works for "Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa". The characters are stoned, story's baffling, and all they really do the whole time is just....moving. (P.S: Sorry for the criticism Dream works, but your penguins were NOT funny.)
  17. Aug 27, 2011
    I thought that this would be worse than the original, and I was so wrong. I was laughing like a mad person throughout the whole movie. The sequences launching the plane are hysterical. The script is unbelievable good, and the plot is also well imagined. The bird-helicopter reminded me of 'Chicken Run', but it's no big deal. A great animated movie. Recommended.
  18. Feb 20, 2011
    Well I wouldn't say the movie was bad. The humour was surprisingly good BUT the plot wasn't the best I ever seen.

1. Cartoons can get away with being serviceable and skillful without much creativity since they have an endlessly renewing audience. "Mad 2" surfs along on such waves, entertaining youngsters while mildly amusing adults.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    Lively and quite funny without being obnoxious, this follow-up smoothly mixes the original's New York Zoo escapees with a number of engaging new characters.
  3. Reviewed by: Robert Wilonsky
    Funniest movie of '08? Close enough, for those who don't mind monkeying around.