Madea's Big Happy Family

4.8

1. Apr 26, 2011
    I laughed my butt off through much of this movie. No, it won't win any awards, but if you don't think this is funny movie, you're taking life a little too seriously. Madea's message of putting parents back into an effective position of authority is important. It's an excellent cast, and Tyler Perry keeps delivering. Bring on the next!
  2. May 14, 2011
    Its a Tyler Perry movie. So of course it uses comedy and over the top melodrama to carry it. But it was still pretty fun to sit through. i enjoy Tyler Perry's work but you can tell that all his films feel rushed so he can do 2 films a year
  3. Dec 16, 2011
    Like most Tyler Perry films, this oscillates rather jarringly from broad laughs to cheap tragedy. Even if thereâ
  4. Feb 20, 2014
    This film was not good. But It's also hard to hate. I like Madea and Tyler Perry. Shocking to say but the works of Tyler Perry are entertaining--- Occasionally entertaining. Like I said, I don't hate it, but it isn't exactly good.

1. Reviewed by: Michael Wilmington
    Apr 27, 2011
    Like most of Perry's movies, this one oscillates wildly and shamelessly between raunch and pathos, leaving plenty of room for the performers to work. The lively ensemble includes a scene-stealing Cassi Davis as pothead Aunt Bam.
  2. Reviewed by: Marjorie Baumgarten
    Apr 27, 2011
    Deathbed scenes and colonoscopy humor, Bible quotations and Maury Povich "Who Is the Real Baby Daddy" episodes: All cohabit with equal relevance in the world of Tyler Perry.
  3. Reviewed by: A. A. Dowd
    Apr 26, 2011
    Epitomizing the shrill franchise's schizophrenic tonal shifts, Madea metes out Christian life lessons with one hand-and righteously bitch-slaps with the other.