4.8

1. Apr 24, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Regardless of what people say, people know what they like. People don't let society manipulate you into liking one style of work. You are free to like whatever you choose too.

Madea's Big Happy Family IS OFF THE CHAIN! Listen, if I can stop laughing enough, I will TRY to tell you guys about the movie. 1st of all, the movie is absolutely HILARIOUS!. I couldnâ
  2. May 2, 2011
    Despite the reviews, this film is funny. While the director could have cut every scene not involving himself, Cassi Davis, David Mann, and Teyana Taylor, and not lost an ounce of comedy, it had me laughing out loud on several occassions, and I'm a suburban white guy. The rest of the time is spent on contrived, though run-of-the-mill, family drama, and church scenes, as with most TylerDespite the reviews, this film is funny. While the director could have cut every scene not involving himself, Cassi Davis, David Mann, and Teyana Taylor, and not lost an ounce of comedy, it had me laughing out loud on several occassions, and I'm a suburban white guy. The rest of the time is spent on contrived, though run-of-the-mill, family drama, and church scenes, as with most Tyler Perry films (not my cup of tea). That being said, I'd see it again. Keep your eye out for Teyana Taylor, who plays with gusto Sabrina, a parasitic single-mom. Expand
  3. Jun 11, 2012
    Not only is the movie nonstop funny from start to finish, the cast also makes great use of the story and each person gets enough screen time. It also teaches the life lesson that parents need to stay in control.

1. Reviewed by: Michael Wilmington
    Apr 27, 2011
    Like most of Perry's movies, this one oscillates wildly and shamelessly between raunch and pathos, leaving plenty of room for the performers to work. The lively ensemble includes a scene-stealing Cassi Davis as pothead Aunt Bam.
  2. Reviewed by: Marjorie Baumgarten
    Apr 27, 2011
    Deathbed scenes and colonoscopy humor, Bible quotations and Maury Povich "Who Is the Real Baby Daddy" episodes: All cohabit with equal relevance in the world of Tyler Perry.
  3. Reviewed by: A. A. Dowd
    Apr 26, 2011
    Epitomizing the shrill franchise's schizophrenic tonal shifts, Madea metes out Christian life lessons with one hand-and righteously bitch-slaps with the other.