5.9

1. Jul 23, 2012
    I went to see this with my daughter-in-law and another friend. It is definitely a girls' night out movie! We all enjoyed it. Channing T and Matthew M really made the movie for us. Definitely recommend getting together with friends and going to see it.
  2. Jul 15, 2012
    Most fun film of the summer so far. Weird, dark, and not at all what you're expecting it to be, this movie stuck with me. Don't trust the trailer! This movie is all about stripping away your notions of sexiness and exposing (yes, I know) the world of male stripping as a neurotic little worm-hole. And yet to the director's credit the movie sails along and is almost always a blast!
  3. Jul 2, 2012
    I felt the movie did what it was meant to do, and that's get the ladies laughing and having a great time. I laughed, then I hysterically laughed and of course there was moments when I wanted to jump through the screen and join the cast...but never once did the smile leave my face. Channing is charming, sexy and played the role with perfection - his personality shines through and allows women to actually relate to the movie and pretend they're there. The true plot and story line captures your heart, and then Channing and his sexy co stars take it to a whole new level. Well done! Expand
  4. Jul 2, 2012
    There is some disappointment circulating as viewers learn that Magic Mike is not exclusively focused on male strippers strutting their goods for all to see. There is an actual story woven into the scenes of quasi-erotic gyrations and dry humping. Yes, this exploitation flick has a heart at its center and the entire cast is up to the task of making it work. Channing Tatum and Alex Petyfer shine as the film's central protagonists, the development of the their friendship central to the flow of the movie. Things do take a decidedly melodramatic turn towards darker themes but in the end, this shift is important to delivering the viewer to the film's final moment, the only moment of the film that features a genuine portrayal of sweetness. The biggest flaw is the development of the potential love story which seems rushed and at times it seems forgotten in the loose plot. Still, the actors all pull together to deliver some memorable moments. The eye candy is plentiful and there is plenty of nudity to satisfy men and women alike. The editing seems a little choppy but it only adds to the gritty nature of this story. All in all, this is a solid summer film with equal amounts of drama and comedy and a healthy dose of celebrity skin. Expand
  5. Jul 2, 2012
    Amazing! Channing Tatum was awesome and can dance his ass off! it is definitely worth the money and excitement and definitely a ladies night out! Ladies leave your man @ home..lol!
  6. Jul 1, 2012
    I thought that it was good, however it wasnt quite what I was expecting. This movie is sopose to be for the women! (And gay guys obviously) finally we have a movie showing off the men's sexual attributes and were sick of going to the movies and watching our bfs get all hot and bothered by the female nude scenes, what I didn't like was there were some lesbians and two different girls that showed their **** that was frustrating because that is not what us women came to this movie to see! We would like to see how hung Channing tatum is obviously, we don't want to see women's boobs, like really don't we have enough movies showing that? We want our movie showing what we want to see for once! Expand
  7. Jul 1, 2012
    For once, Hollywood has turned the tables on the typical male-centric movie and given us a breath of fresh air. The actors were great in their respective roles, and Soderbergh's direction was superb as well. The best part, in my opinion, was the very original writing - kudos to Reid Carolin. This film has a lot of heart, and it showed because everyone in the theater had a great time!
  8. Jun 30, 2012
    Amazing :) I had the best time yesterday with my sisters and mama.. The energy from the crowd. The movie was exactly what was promised and it was nice that finally the lady's had something good to watch and do while the men were at home..
  9. Jun 29, 2012
    I wished I could have seen more of Matthew McConaughey! However, Channing Tatum was Great. I took my Male Friend with me. He and the other men (with their girlfriends and wives) enjoyed the movie as well. I don't think guys should be embarrassed if they do go to this movie. All the actors in this movie played their roles to the "T"! Excelleant Movie!

1. Reviewed by: Peter Bradshaw
    Jul 12, 2012
    Oddly, Magic Mike somehow looks like a much darker and more challenging movie than is actually the case.
  2. Reviewed by: Neil Smith
    Jul 2, 2012
    Soderbergh lets his hair down with a frank, funny dramedy that bulges with humour, heart and smarts as McConaughey gives it everything he's got, in a potentially gong-grabbing turn.
  3. Reviewed by: Steven James Snyder
    Jul 2, 2012
    Rarely do you see an actor harness such physical energy on the screen, much less dance at this level of intensity while converting raw muscle mass into raging sex appeal. But Tatum is the real McCoy.