Maid in Manhattan

5.8

1. ChrisS.
    Mar 9, 2003
    The movie was quite funny in parts, Jlo was amazing and I thought the kid that played her son was the best actor/actress in the film. Just a point to say she aint the first to make it in music and the movies Tupac Shakur was R.I.P.
  2. AmberA.
    May 6, 2003
    i thought this movie was a pretty good movie. it was very entertaining. very well put together!
  3. TonyB.
    Jan 12, 2006
    This is harmless fluff made watchable by a luminous Jennifer Lopez.
  4. TashaB.
    Dec 24, 2002
    I saw this movie with all of my friends (guys and girls; 15 of us together) Us girls expected a pretty good movie and the guys expected a chick flick. I was never so wrong in my life. This movie was only about 1 1/2 hours, but it seemed to last forever. It was so predictable it was pathetic. It seemed as if it was made to protect JLOs image of "Jenny from the block" Not one of my friends I saw this movie with all of my friends (guys and girls; 15 of us together) Us girls expected a pretty good movie and the guys expected a chick flick. I was never so wrong in my life. This movie was only about 1 1/2 hours, but it seemed to last forever. It was so predictable it was pathetic. It seemed as if it was made to protect JLOs image of "Jenny from the block" Not one of my friends liked this movie, some left in the middle. Having popcorn thrown at my head was more entertaining. Expand
  5. MrBig
    Mar 25, 2003
    Great show...A fun movie that leaves u with a fun feeling. We need more movies like this.
  6. BobS.
    Dec 13, 2002
    This movie is extremely well acted and the plot is excellent. Yes, it has been used before, but Lopez makes it the best it can be.
  7. TonyP.
    Dec 13, 2002
    Okay, not a "great cinematic achievement" but this is a good movie with a big heart. And, if you're in the mood for it, it does work.
  8. LouisP.
    Dec 14, 2002
    I truly felt cheated when I left the theather. This film is horrible and further proves that Lopez doesn't know the difference between acting and overacting. I recommend renting When Harry Met Sally for a much better time.
  9. FantasyL
    Dec 27, 2002
    J LO = ZZZZZ
  10. 8Ball
    Apr 25, 2003
    The story sucks, I seen that in movies before. J Lo is my girl, you know what I'm saying? Baby got back, I give it an 8 cuz I'm 8 Ball!
  11. MelissaK.
    Dec 14, 2002
    I give this movie 1 point for including Simon and Garfunkel and Norah Jones in the soundtrack and another for choosing a cute actor to play Lopez's son.
  12. VyN.
    Dec 15, 2002
    This was a cute romantic movie... as for those of u who oppose it.. thats because your like what 40... Harry met Sally come on now.. its 2002 not 1980.. haha... dont be hatin cause Jlo can act n sing n the first to make top music n movie chart... one point fo simon n garfunkel n the kute lil kid?.. dats all u lookin at.. well add another 8 point for the $5000 DnG outfit..
  13. Meat
    Dec 18, 2002
    "The movie feels like a commercial for Lopez. Here is the world's biggest primadonna playing the girl from the block, and getting to make a lot of speeches about what it's really like to be poor. It's image control, not character. F*&% her. And Fiennes isn't charming or dashing or good looking. The guy's just a constipated creep.
  14. JaiS.
    Dec 22, 2002
    Horrible. Just another cliche movie with a text book script.
  15. BlancoA.
    Dec 29, 2002
    Definitely better than I thought it would be. The story is not nearly as strong as a "Notting Hill" or "The Concierge," but it's good nonetheless. In my opinion, the bookend roles of Stanley Tucci and Bob Hoskins made this film. The kid was refreshingly good as well. JoLo is expendable.
  16. pas03sion
    Dec 16, 2003
    I love this movie it was the BEST movie I really enjoyed it. When I bought the movie I thought it would suck but when I saw the movie I had totally fell in love with it. Also Ralph may be a little older but I thought he was so damn fine (I'm 18 but age is no biggie). For some of you I don't know why you didn't like the movie I would say stick to watching reruns of Barney & I love this movie it was the BEST movie I really enjoyed it. When I bought the movie I thought it would suck but when I saw the movie I had totally fell in love with it. Also Ralph may be a little older but I thought he was so damn fine (I'm 18 but age is no biggie). For some of you I don't know why you didn't like the movie I would say stick to watching reruns of Barney & Friends since I think thats what it looks like your into so don't be dissin' this movie. LATERZ-HATERZ!!! Expand
  17. PatC.
    Dec 18, 2003
    It had some cute things, but covered no ground that hasn't already been covered better. And overall it's kinda stupid.
  18. Apr 6, 2012
    I thought that in its genre the movie was fine, better than what I expected it to be. It was light, fun but not great. It was certainly entertaining. Ralph Fiennes did it all for me. He is fabulous! Jennifer Lopez...sorry, but I don't understand why people think the movie is 'bearable' just because of her and her 'beauty'! Obviously, many think she is beautiful but to me she is just cute.I thought that in its genre the movie was fine, better than what I expected it to be. It was light, fun but not great. It was certainly entertaining. Ralph Fiennes did it all for me. He is fabulous! Jennifer Lopez...sorry, but I don't understand why people think the movie is 'bearable' just because of her and her 'beauty'! Obviously, many think she is beautiful but to me she is just cute. I guess, people from different countries/circles have different taste. I know some will suggest I say this because I am jealous of her but it is not jealousy at all for in my circle of friends most of us are naturally better looking than her (sorry if that sounds arrogant, but it is just true), and many people around the world are! I am sure many girls and guys here will agree with me on this point . Back to the movie. one great thing about JLo is her smile and her vivacious eyes,and since she has this exotic type, it works well for this type of movies...movies that are based on stereotypes. Although she is a pretty average actress, in this movie she definitely shines. So, even though I am not her fan, in Maid in Manhattan, I liked her! The story, is of course very cliche, but the setting adds glamour to it. I did enjoy the movie, and so far I have watched it twice in my life...I am sure I will watch it again...eventually! Expand
  19. Sep 4, 2014
    A story wholly worthwhile--and Jennifer Lopez's finest performance to date. Maid in Manhattan is a unique look at interchanging social classes surrounding one fabulous Manhattan hotel.
  20. May 1, 2014
    Maid in Manhattan is a completely predictable, sappy farce, and an okay one at that, but it is memorable. Fiennes and Lopez don't have such good chemistry, but the direction isn't horrible; the flaws in the movie are mostly the fault of the clich├ęd story.
  21. Nov 17, 2013
    It sucks. I can't believe someone can make a movie so crappy, it's one of the worst movies I have ever seen. I have no friggin idea how someone can say it was a good movie.

1. Blandly charming.
  2. Despite a continuity problem or two, this is one of those rare contemporary romantic comedies that actually work.
    It's a warm, if pallid, romantic comedy that may not do much more to burnish Lopez's reputation, but will certainly not bruise it.