8.5

May 7, 2001
    Great!!
  2. HaikalS.
    Jan 9, 2002
    Excellent film with glorious masterpiece of art.
  3. P.Murray
    Jun 8, 2002
    Excellent film! Well conceived and executed with outstanding performances. Bellucci shines!! A must see in the world of films!!!
  4. LorenzoV.
    Sep 2, 2002
    A brilliant cinematic triumph! A film whose intent is to evoke nostalgia succeeds in every level. I was galvanized emotionally, psychologically, and visially by the story and its characters. A must see.
  5. HallaA.
    Oct 7, 2003
    I loved it. very beautifully portrayed at how sometimes beauty isn't exactly always a blessing.
  6. AlfredoM.
    Apr 20, 2001
    Great!!
  7. X.boy
    Jul 26, 2002
    Great! You Must See It.
  8. ChrisS.
    Apr 4, 2006
    What a great movie. Excellent performances with a spectacular score and striking images. You won't forget this one.
  9. R.L.
    Jan 5, 2009
    A truly extraordinary film! I loved every minute of it.
  10. R.V.
    Jul 22, 2001
    Excellent movie, very disturbing seen with the mob of jealous women.
  11. AliH.
    Nov 15, 2002
    Outstanding movie.
  12. BalaC.
    Jun 16, 2002
    Fantastic.
  13. JohnA.
    Nov 19, 2001
    A beautiful movie, revealing life in small town minds, with triumph as a finale. A great movie.
  14. ChristopheC.
    Dec 17, 2002
    The most beautiful story I've ever seen.
  15. WillyBilly
    Dec 23, 2002
    The Best Lovley Musical Beauty File that i saw yet ... What a greate object ;)
  16. FransVDB
    Jul 17, 2002
    I felt so sorry for this young woman being so mistreated by the men-who-couldn't-get-her and the jealous women who wished they had just a whif of the style that Malena had.
  17. sathyav.
    Dec 18, 2007
    I love this movie. we must view this film in an auto-analystic way of admiring the characters. this movie has some magic that we keep on thinking about it even after weeks or months...oops! i must say this is a movie of a life time. i'm glad to have it in my collections of dvd. tornatore is way ahead of mankind.

1. Gives audiences something more than just a heart-stopping beauty to contemplate.
  2. Malena the film is as beautiful and seductive as its heroine, with its ravishing Lajos Koltai cinematography and sweepingly romantic Ennio Morricone score.
  3. Striking photography, period detail, screen-filling crowd scenes, and veteran composer Morricone's score make this one worth seeing, but the sheer nastiness of the town's people drags it down.