7.2

1. JoshuaE.
    Apr 6, 2004
    This movie portrays the diversity and the hardships in the world today. It was a touching film.
  2. AndersL.
    Sep 24, 2003
    Probably the best gay romantic comedy ever made! Refreshing to see something real and gay, without the stereotyping and campness. I was really impressed by the brilliant script, which had the audience clapping and laughing out very loud.
  3. H.T.
    Mar 27, 2004
    So funny and true! Being a first-generation Italian-Canadian myself, I can honestly say that the stereotypes are true and this movie presents life in an Italian family with only a little embellishment. I absolutely loved it!
  4. FrankA.
    Jul 27, 2004
    Hysterical!! I haven't laughed this hard in years. Especially the scene where Angelo's parents are badgering him as to why Nino is a better roomate than them, and he blurts out "he's my lover"!! The parents expressions had me rolling on the couch. That's just one example. I heartily recommend this one for sheer hysterical fun!
  5. IvanO.
    Jan 26, 2005
    Really, really great work!

1. This film might have been daringly funny 10 years ago, even with its broadest elements intact. Now it's comfortable as old slippers and unthreatening as a sleeping kitten.
  2. Reviewed by: Caroline Westbrook
    Lacks sparkle, and finally tips its gallery of colourful protagonists into the realm of caricature.
  3. Reviewed by: David Rooney
    The broad comedy is somewhat strained and obvious, and the hyper-real atmosphere encourages the cast to slice the prosciutto a little thickly. But the film's sweet-natured ingenuousness proves reasonably contagious.