Mambo italiano

7.2

1. TimC.
    Oct 6, 2003
    I left the theater with a smile on my face. I laughed and laughed some more. Plus, Peter Miller was easy on the eyes!
  2. JoshuaE.
    Apr 6, 2004
    This movie portrays the diversity and the hardships in the world today. It was a touching film.
  3. DanN.
    Oct 22, 2003
    Given some of the reviews, I didn't expect this movie to be as funny as it is. I really enjoyed it. Sure, the stereotypes are overdone (and I've seen them done better) but stereotypes exist for a reason: sometimes they're true. The parents in this movie reminded me of my own grandparents at times. A nice enjoyable movie.
  4. MarcK.
    Sep 22, 2003
    Light and likeable...definitely brought a smile to my face. Claudia Ferri is the hidden gem in this movie.
  5. AndersL.
    Sep 24, 2003
    Probably the best gay romantic comedy ever made! Refreshing to see something real and gay, without the stereotyping and campness. I was really impressed by the brilliant script, which had the audience clapping and laughing out very loud.
  6. GregT.
    Mar 2, 2004
    This is not a bad gay oriented movie and redeeming in the sense that everyone ends up relatively happy in the end. The close knit and compulsive Italian family is a stereotype, but hey, who can't relate to this scenario? We all can at some level. It is a weak comedy but a comedy notwithstanding. Worth renting if you are interested in gays, Italians or the ethnic family dynamic.
  7. H.T.
    Mar 27, 2004
    So funny and true! Being a first-generation Italian-Canadian myself, I can honestly say that the stereotypes are true and this movie presents life in an Italian family with only a little embellishment. I absolutely loved it!
  8. FrankA.
    Jul 27, 2004
    Hysterical!! I haven't laughed this hard in years. Especially the scene where Angelo's parents are badgering him as to why Nino is a better roomate than them, and he blurts out "he's my lover"!! The parents expressions had me rolling on the couch. That's just one example. I heartily recommend this one for sheer hysterical fun!
  9. IvanO.
    Jan 26, 2005
    Really, really great work!

1. This film might have been daringly funny 10 years ago, even with its broadest elements intact. Now it's comfortable as old slippers and unthreatening as a sleeping kitten.
    Lacks sparkle, and finally tips its gallery of colourful protagonists into the realm of caricature.
  3. Reviewed by: David Rooney
    The broad comedy is somewhat strained and obvious, and the hyper-real atmosphere encourages the cast to slice the prosciutto a little thickly. But the film's sweet-natured ingenuousness proves reasonably contagious.