7.6

1. May 3, 2015
    Cavill is a great superman! he really is! unfortuantly the film drags a bit and the action scenes drag on to much! but a really interesting movie and way to tell this story
  2. May 2, 2015
    Not the best Superman movie however the animation, story and progression are spot on. This is pretty much a reboot of the old famous super man movie from the 1990s. The casting roles in the characters were surprising and great choices. The movie is not as polished as the Dark Knight Trilogy but better than the last Super man movie that came before it.
  3. May 1, 2015
    Hells Yeah Zacky, you did the Kryptonian Justice!!!
    This is by far the best Superman film to date.
    Changes Zack did to Superman that were long overdue- 1) No more lame ass cheesy retarded boyscout commentary from the man from Krypton. 2) No more distant cold character development. Kal El feels real. You don't see him fly, you believe he can fly, and you can finally relate to the
    Hells Yeah Zacky, you did the Kryptonian Justice!!!
    This is by far the best Superman film to date.

Changes Zack did to Superman that were long overdue-

2) No more distant cold character development. Kal El feels real. You don't see him fly, you believe he can fly, and you can finally relate to the character like never before.

3) No more half-assed boyscout action sequences. "I am sorry citizen, I will have to take that puny gun from you, and put it in the garbage, and fly you over to the police. You behavior is childish and I won't have it, the ciry wont have it... And don't forget to use the sub-way, it is the safest way to travel". Derp.

4) Got rid of that god awful excuse of a disguise (at least with Loise) which even a retard would see through much less a Pulitzer prize winner that has been saved by this man a dozen times.

5) No more the child becomes miraculously a super-hero crap. A reboot that finally explains the character and puts depth to him. May Zack live long and prosper to make every Superman film from here on out (that was from the wrong film wasn't it? Ah well, it fits in this case).

Things to love about this film.

Well, the action of-course.

The psychological and sentimental story underlining everything is so deep it blows any other single Superhero film I have seen to this day out of the water. Amazing. Never thought so much depth could be added to such a character.

Other elements the story touches on with regards to visitors from outer space, on hope, on so many concepts this film is simply hitting the mark on every single thing it does.

The threat of the film was real. It was the best introduction and the best way to reveal Superman to Metropolis. It also fit perfect with the intro on Krypton which was such an amazing scene a film could exist on that alone.

The end result is that it all makes sense. The villains make sense, and there is depth to them. They are not mindless jerks trying to do bad or steel some diamonds or what have you. The theme behind their own needs and goals (the villains) puts more depth to it all on a level that makes the steaks high even for the villains. It comes together so perfectly.

And the entire pace of the film, with gradual flashbacks, explains and gives us a wonderful look into Kal El's upbringing, explaining further the reasoning behind him trying to help people out.

He saves enough people in this film but not that much, as this is not the point to the film and it is all about him "revealing" himself to humanity.

The mistakes he is forced to go through and make make him even more relatable, and create enough controversy that perfectly set up the next chapter, Batman v Superman.

Snyder has absolutely hit the mark. I enjoyed this film a million times more than I ever did the Avengers. The story alone was so much deeper and carefully scripted and paced. The action at the end was a little long understandably for some, but after rewatching it I am glad it is that long. The perfect coming-out-of-his-shell for the Man of Steel.

Once more, the Greek Mythology underlining in many areas was a perfect touch as well. Simply perfect. Gives the sense of an ancient god with Kal El being from another planet and all, though I wont elaborate much on this as there are plenty wonderful hints underlining the amazing direction Snyder took in this film that few will understand and fewer still appreciate. That is how deep this film goes.

p.s, (spoilers) to all those **** about the destruction caused in the City. The casualties were minimal, a large crater had been already created in the city from the terraforming machine. Supes had hardly anything to do with all that when he was tossed and fought through several buildings alone against his will. Or was he meant to stop the fight and talk to a crazed Zod that cared less to fight Superman and simply wanted to kill people, and tell him "not so fast general, there are civilians here, I would kindly ask you to move this outside were we can finish it like men" Herp Derp....

Human nature of blaming Supes on all the destruction is evident even in the haters, which again, sets up for an even more realistic and believable premise to Batman v Superman. Simply, awesome, on so many levels!!!

A deserved 10/10. I think I have watched this film 5 times more than I ever watched Avengers to this date. It is amazing.
  4. Apr 28, 2015
    In short:
    -First half of the movie is crammed with too many plots, it jumps from age to age and doesn't tell a story clearly, it fails at building up Clark Kent as an emotional character or as a character at all
    -Second half is action with Superman already established and it's mostly fine if a little silly sometimes In long: I didn't think "The Krypton Wars" was this movie's
    In short:

In long:
    I didn't think "The Krypton Wars" was this movie's undertitle, but it apparently was. Krypton is going to die in the first place, but this movie apparently didn't want to spend 5 to 10 mins showing us the planet, its inhabitants, and making us feel the loss and destruction that they were facing, instead we got an honestly pointless coup d'état from General Zod which was...just stupid. It makes the time on Krypton both too long and something you just want to get over with because of all the unwanted side plots.

Then you get to Clark Kent as a ...young adult? Just straight up, we go from Krypton burns to Clark Kent as an adult. That's it. No backstory, no buildup. Booya.

The cut is BAD. Just outright incompetent. And it's not the only one.

Man of Steel spends over 40 minutes telling Clark's life by chasing off his life experiences one by one, in the most disorderly fashion. You zip from adult to late teenager to kid to adult to teenager to adult to early teenager to younger adult to adult and the worst is, not only are those scenes insufficient because they're all short and don't really mean much, not only are they difficult to really care about because they're shown in a puzzle fashion and you're supposed to put them all in order in your head, but the real absolute worse is that they're ALL having bad cuts!

It's not a fade to black or a clever "I now speak of this person or this experience in my life" and it cuts to said person like in Game of Thrones, no, it's just a hard cut that is an outright false note!

Every time I'm beginning to get interested in one of Clark's instances, I get a cut that not only breaks my interest, but takes me out of the movie because the frame ends on adolescent Clark and suddenly the moment after I'm looking at kid Clark.

Besides the incompetent cuts and unreasonable storytelling, the fact is that the time spent on Krypton's subplots should've been used to show more of Clark Kent the child. Take out 10 mins from Krypton, just show it dying and Kal El being sent out, and spend those 10 mins to build up Clark more competently than it was, with a timewise storytelling and longer scenes.

I'm giving this movie a 4(it could just as easy be a 3) because of one specific scene though. When (spoilers) Clark's dad dies. The scene was so forced, the death was so irrational and stupid, the reactions and acts of the characters so silly, that I burst out laughing.

If your most defining, character-building, emotional scene makes me burst out laughing, you are a terrible movie.

I pushed myself to watch the rest of the movie though, and I didn't regret that. Once Superman gets revealed, the action is nice, Zod is a good foe, lots of elements from the movie work well and unlike a lot of people, I find the murder scene/execution scene of Zod to be perfect for this movie. It adds a layer of depth to Superman's character and succeeds at making him a better character.

With that said, I wouldn't watch this again, ever. Besides all I've listed, the number of plot stupidities is quite high(kudos on Lois Lane for discovering the exact location of one man under a mountainside, hundreds of meters away from her, in the middle of the night, WHILE AN ENTIRE MILITARY CAMP AROUND HER DIDN'T FIND THE GUY), and it makes the movie just silly.

2 for the first half, 5 for the latter, I'll give it a 4.
  5. Apr 28, 2015
    More space opera than superhero movie, Man Of Steel, Zack Snyder’s Superman reboot, focuses almost exclusively on the DC Comics icon’s alien backstory. This gamble doesn’t entirely pay off; by effectively denying Superman his defining traits—his complex relationships to duty and humanity—the movie robs the character of any depth or agency. Decisions, not daring, shape heroes, and since ManMore space opera than superhero movie, Man Of Steel, Zack Snyder’s Superman reboot, focuses almost exclusively on the DC Comics icon’s alien backstory. This gamble doesn’t entirely pay off; by effectively denying Superman his defining traits—his complex relationships to duty and humanity—the movie robs the character of any depth or agency. Decisions, not daring, shape heroes, and since Man Of Steel’s Superman never has a chance to make a decision, he never registers as anything more than a handsome, inscrutable alien with a smug smirk.

Man Of Steel opens on planet Krypton, a Roger Dean prog-rock album cover filtered through the sensibilities of David Lynch’s Dune. There, tough-guy scientist Jor-El, played by Russell Crowe, pleads with the planet’s government to take action against a coming environmental cataclysm. (This is the first of the movie’s many half-hearted attempts at political relevance, which culminate in Superman punching out a Predator drone.) However, a coup by Michael Shannon’s General Zod interrupts the proceedings, leaving Crowe no choice but to steal a MacGuffin called the Codex and launch it into space along with his newborn son, Kal-El. As Krypton implodes, Kal-El’s spacecraft crash-lands in a field in Kansas.

The movie then leaps forward 33 years to find the adult Kal-El, now played by Henry Cavill, aimlessly drifting around Nova Scotia and working odd jobs. The discovery of an ancient Kryptonian spacecraft in Northern Canada brings Cavill into contact with Amy Adams’ Lois Lane; it also alerts Shannon, who survived the destruction of Krypton, to Cavill’s location. The rest of the film is set over a couple of days, as Cavill fights Shannon and his gang in a series of superpowered battles, all of which are admittedly pretty cool-looking; interspersed throughout are flashbacks to Cavill’s childhood as well as comically insistent product placement for IHOP.

Man Of Steel eschews the usual trappings of Superman stories—right down to the word “Superman,” which is uttered only once. There’s no Lex Luthor, no Kryptonite, no glasses, no mild-mannered reporter, very little Daily Planet, and even less Metropolis. However, the movie is anything but stripped down; like Snyder’s Sucker Punch, it’s a confused but fascinating mishmash of religious, military, and sexual imagery. One scene finds Cavill framed with a stained-glass Jesus behind him. In another, he—robbed of his powers by a gaping hole in narrative logic—races around a Kryptonian spaceship seemingly designed by H.R. Giger, vulvar doorways and all.

Cavill—whose performance involves more posing than acting—is alternately presented as an alien messiah, a superweapon, and an American flag flapping in the wind; the one thing he never gets to be is a character. As a result, Man Of Steel sometimes feels like arty advertising—the tentpole movie equivalent of a car ad that invokes images of freedom or luxury without ever mentioning the price or specifications.
  6. Apr 27, 2015
    This is a film that is ridden with flaws, but the breathtaking spectacle and innovative approach Zack Snyder takes with the classic superhero narrative is undeniably brilliant.
  7. Apr 25, 2015
    I think this film is a suited film for people who already know what Superman is about and kinda know the basic story. Man of Steel doesn't feel like it gives a full understanding of what Superman is. I think it's more of a interpretive sequel to the current understanding of Superman in people's mind. This is why I think it's lost some people, but I think this is a great movie. I don'tI think this film is a suited film for people who already know what Superman is about and kinda know the basic story. Man of Steel doesn't feel like it gives a full understanding of what Superman is. I think it's more of a interpretive sequel to the current understanding of Superman in people's mind. This is why I think it's lost some people, but I think this is a great movie. I don't think it stands on it's own two feet as a movie in itself but as an addition and reinvention without completely explaining everything that Superman is that we already know. Expand
  8. Apr 22, 2015

9. Apr 20, 2015
    shake the damn camera like a polaroid picture!
    other than the retina-burning lens flare and the headache inducing camera shaking all over the place, this movie barely has anything to offer.
  10. Apr 19, 2015
    The fact that anybody tries to defend this is beyond me. The characters are lifeless, the plot events are absolutely absurd, the acting is bland, and Superman possibly kills more people than he saves! Superman leads Zod to locations with more civilians just for some more cool action scenes. Here is the problem with that, SUPERMAN IS PUTTING LIVES AT RISK FOR NO REASON! People try to defendThe fact that anybody tries to defend this is beyond me. The characters are lifeless, the plot events are absolutely absurd, the acting is bland, and Superman possibly kills more people than he saves! Superman leads Zod to locations with more civilians just for some more cool action scenes. Here is the problem with that, SUPERMAN IS PUTTING LIVES AT RISK FOR NO REASON! People try to defend this movie by saying "Its dark and gritty you just don't understand it". Don't let those idiots fool you, this movie is not respectably dark. This movie takes no risks with its narrative or characters, making it loose any chance of being actually dark. This movie is just disgraceful. Don't spend money on it. Expand
  11. Mar 27, 2015
    I really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really don’t like this movie anymore.
  12. Mar 26, 2015
    This movie is more stronger then steel. This movie was far better then superman returns, I mean the actor who played superman was really good and the score was epic.
  13. Mar 14, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Loved the movie. It was time someone updated the myth of Superman, the hero was created in the 30 's.... A time when women didn't have the right to vote, and everything was black or white (commie or not). Seeing Lois Lane inquire about Supes and discovering who we really is from the beginning is a good thing to me. The gritty look is good too. Expand
  14. Feb 14, 2015
    Man of Steel was a good film and it was entertaining i had my doubts at first but it turned out pretty well. The one thing that I didn't really like about the film, they didn't show enough of his powers like super speed or his breath (I'm just being picky). But overall a good film.
  15. Feb 7, 2015
    From its lusciously rich score, its tear-inducincly powerful performances, its brilliantly vast set pieces, its offbeat yet thrillingly structured story, or its commandingly auteurist direction, "Man Of Steel" is not only the greatest and most relatable Superman film, but it is easily one of the most entertaining superhero films I have ever seen.
  16. Feb 5, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Up Up and a Waste

What is this noise? This nonsense? Does anyone truly like this trash? Is this a re-boot or Superman V going off the charts?

These are some of the questions I muttered to myself while enduring the punishment of sitting through Goyer/Snyder's Man of Steel. This post- modern, piecemeal picture provides us with a perfect example of what's wrong with movies today. You get a lot of bangs for your bucks but little else. The real Man of Steal here is Goyer, who should be charged with 150 counts of plagiarism. At first I thought all of the stolen bits crammed together in the Dark Knight trilogy was Nolan's work. But now I see the blame lies with Goyer. Instead of luring us into a narrative the way Joss Whelon expertly does in The Avengers, Goyer keeps throwing us off. We can't get close to a Goyer-penned movie or really feel much of a connection to any of its characters. Why? Because the entire story feels like a hoax. A sham. Fraudulent. The only thing I can really sense is the writer feeling good about himself. But forcing a lot of clever little bits together doesn't make a complete and well-rounded story. Does anyone other than other post-modern architects like post-modern architecture?

And Snyder doesn't help the cause out much either. He is not a great director by any stretch of the imagination. He may not even be a good director. He's adequate. Take that to the bank. There is no Snyder signature or unique style. No well-honed skills much less practiced mastery. Out of his league here, he merely dekes his way through by going along with Goyer's hodge-podge of a script without adding much depth, definition, dimension, sensibility, intrigue or much of anything else to the movie. Some claim he's an expert with visual effects. Again, merely adequate. More does not make better. He's certainly not in the same league as Cameron, Scott, Gillian, Burton, Jackson, del Toro, Sommers or Verbinski. Any hack can rely on the Special Effects team and desaturate the colour.

And the incessant, superfluously over-the-top, non-stop, nose-bleeding, mind-numbing climax which must have squandered a hundred million dollars alone was so polluted with your typical crash-bang-smash-up-and-destroy effects, I found myself nodding off out of boredom. Has the concept of originality become that offensive to movie studios? Remember when cinema was the arena for great story-telling and television the place for trashy entertainment? When did it switch? Sometime between Burton's Batman and HBO's The Wire. The studios should save money by using the same sound effects track on the climax of every action movie. They all sound completely identical. Close your eyes, this could be the Transformers or Iron Man or any final action battle scene.

What a waste this was! The whole show! I felt bad for the actors and sorry for the producers. This was a bigger mess than any of the recent Batman movies (and that's saying a lot). The fact is WB/DC has no concrete plan much less a vision for its line-up of super-heroes. The Goyer-Snyder team-up cannot, by any stretch, be considered the World's Finest.

Not to be a complete hater, there are three things I liked about watching the Man of Steel. The space ships were very cool. The alien costumes were quite awesome. And my trip to the bathroom halfway through the movie was a big relief. I had to force myself back to watch, hoping the movie would redeem itself. Fat chance.

I used to be a big DC and Batman fan. But I now look forward more to Marvel's line-up of superhero movies than any future Bat-Supes bonanza. They should have given Wonder Woman to Whedon when they had the chance.

Actually, four things. Antje Traue as Kryptonian warrior Faori-UI was a treat (if Warner Bros had the smarts they'd dress her up for the next Catwoman. But I suspect Marvel will nab her first. I could see her alongside The Avengers).
  17. Feb 2, 2015
    The first time I watched "Man of Steel", I thought it was OK. However, after watching it again and again, I realized it was better than just OK. The characterization is poor and even tough the narrative is great sometimes, it can also be very strange. However, the action is spectacular, even if it's taken a little too far. Newer Superman fans will definitely enjoy this take on the iconicThe first time I watched "Man of Steel", I thought it was OK. However, after watching it again and again, I realized it was better than just OK. The characterization is poor and even tough the narrative is great sometimes, it can also be very strange. However, the action is spectacular, even if it's taken a little too far. Newer Superman fans will definitely enjoy this take on the iconic superhero, but I doubt longtime fans will effectively relate to the overall story and characters. Expand
  18. Jan 26, 2015
    I know, unpopular opinion. But... I honestly enjoyed Man of Steel. Sure the dialog was just bland and poorly written, but the acting itself is rather good. It was a refreshingly dark take on the Superman tale, and is jam-packed with huge scale action sequences. If I wasn't a massive Superman fanboy, I might be giving this a lower score. But since I am, I just simply can't give thisI know, unpopular opinion. But... I honestly enjoyed Man of Steel. Sure the dialog was just bland and poorly written, but the acting itself is rather good. It was a refreshingly dark take on the Superman tale, and is jam-packed with huge scale action sequences. If I wasn't a massive Superman fanboy, I might be giving this a lower score. But since I am, I just simply can't give this anything less than a 7/10. However, I hoped for a stronger startup to the DCU, and as a result, I do not think this film should be the catalyst for the DCU. I just can't imagine a Justice League movie being as dark as this. Expand
  19. Jan 17, 2015
    Man of Steel is more of an action film, not a superhero film, and departs a lot from the Superman character. Yes, Krypton is there, the Kents are there and the Daily Planet is there but the film does nothing to develop Superman or Clark as a character; only really being fleshed out when we see Clark growing and using his powers for the first time.

The first half of Man of Steel, though

The first half of Man of Steel, though too dark in tone for my liking and especially for Superman, is quite good, showing the building of character relationships and some emotional moments between them. Any sign of 'heart', however, is just thrown out of the window and through several buildings in Metropolis at the very moment that Zod begins his 'alien invasion', leaving the viewer to sit through mindless action that just goes on and on, with little to no progression, making the story go nowhere.

My biggest issue with Snyder's film is that it just does not feel like a Superman film. Where is that Superman magic that the first Donner film entailed? I appreciate the "updated" origin story and that we're essentially seeing Superman starting out but we never get to see him save someone in the suit. Henry Cavill was a great choice for Superman but he was just not given enough to do in the film, making his character, and a lot of the characters in the film, very empty, never letting the audience care for any of them (apart from perhaps Mama and Papa Kent).

Man of Steel is all style and no substance.
  20. Jan 15, 2015
    An interesting proposal for the superhero genre is to present a fresh and modern Superman, but also dark and realistic. It's not been suitable the direction taken by Zack Snyder, but not bad either. Even so, this movie saves itself thanks to its good plot, narrative, actings and visuals. (71 - 100)
  21. Jan 11, 2015
    Man of Steel is the Superman movie that I've been waiting for! From the beginning to the end Superman never slows down. Even at the beginning of the movie the destruction of Krypton is more complicated than in the comic books but it adds to the story. I had my concerns at first when Henry Cavill was cast as Clark Kent/Superman. He proved he can play Superman but we didn't get to see theMan of Steel is the Superman movie that I've been waiting for! From the beginning to the end Superman never slows down. Even at the beginning of the movie the destruction of Krypton is more complicated than in the comic books but it adds to the story. I had my concerns at first when Henry Cavill was cast as Clark Kent/Superman. He proved he can play Superman but we didn't get to see the Clark Kent nerdy reporter side but for the most part I'm sold on him as Superman. Seeing Superman fly at high speeds and fight the other kryptonians was amazing! Critics did not give this movie a fair shake its one of the best superhero movies I've seen. Finally I'm happy to say Man of Steel is superb,amazing, and Super! 9 out of 10 Expand
  22. Jan 7, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. When I first watched Man of Steel I was completely against it. After actually watching it as a movie and not an anti-superman fan, I really enjoyed the movie. I had a really hard time finding a flaw outside the movie, that is besides the main flaw: Lois Lane. Now my reasoning is this: She comes in on a dig site to be in the right place at the right time, wants to find the mysterious man she met, does basic research and I do mean basic, asks a couple questions and find Clark. She also stated that he has spent a lifetime hiding. When Zod comes and demands Clark/Cal they specifically ask for her even though she has no bearing at all besides the comic book relation. Forced into more of the story by being on a Military aircraft during a bombing, and needs saving on more than one occasion. Zack Snyder forced Lois to be the love interest to fill the comic fans of the golden age. As for the rest of the movie, it was great. The fights showed how Superman is truly Superman who is struggling with his full potential. Great origin and cast. All of the movie besides the forcing of Lois Lane to be the love interest was amazing. Expand
  23. Jan 7, 2015
    Not only is MOS a complete failure as an action movie, it's a total betrayal of what the character stands for. While the dark and gritty tone worked great for the fittingly brooding Nolan Batman films, the terrible Zack Snyder is in over his head here and knows only how to direct special effects. A truly terrible movie.
  24. Jan 4, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I was looking forward to a Superman reboot after the awful Superman Returns and the success of the Dark Knight. A modern, serious tone seemed like the best way to go after the latest Batman trilogy. However, I ended up finding this movie to be joyless, destruction porn. The amount of destruction is almost laughable. Superman and foes crash into buildings and they tumble to the ground like a house of cards. Having Superman fight a horde of Kryptonians at his own power level was a horrible way to restart the franchise. Fighting lesser foes while discovering some of his strengths and powers would have been a better way to go, but now I guess he's stuck fighting god-like enemies for the sequels. At least until someone finds some kryptonite. Expand
  25. Jan 3, 2015
    Man of Steel is one of the biggest and greatest movies of 2013!
    Updated review:
    Man of Steel is one of the biggest and greatest movies of 2013!
    Updated review:

The movie got an awesome beginning with action at a high speed with stunning special effects. The music that Hans Zimmer composed is amazing, just as spectacular as in Interstellar and in his other works. I can't understand those who dislike this wonderful movie, but if you must point finger on someone it got to be Zack Snyder. I mean come on, what kind of unique and great movies has he made, well it can't be the producers (Christopher Nolan) fault. The movie has a great story, and I never feel bored, because there´s nothing to get bored of! I have seen this movie at least 5 times since its premiere and I still love it. The movie got some weak parts though, because there are some places when the CGI could have been better. But there´s still many unique and spectacular things in this movie, but some of them I've already seen in other movies. Another bad thing is that it might be too much fighting near the end, and I also think that they could have done more in the 2 hours and 23 minutes. But the ending though, couldn't have been more awesome as it is, and I can't wait until Batman v Superman comes out. Man of Steel is overall a spectacular, cool and a SUPER-MOVIE.

Man of Steel gets a 9/10.
  26. Dec 30, 2014
    makes all the other supermans look average, plenty of action and destroying stuff. Like the spaceships but found the bit parts for supermans dad and daily planet chief to be boring and out of place.
  27. Dec 24, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I give the first 30 minutes of the movie a 10/10 and the proceeding hour and a half a 0/10.

It honestly felt like the first half hour couldn't have been done any better and the latter part of the movie could not have been done worst. Every event surrounding his father and protecting his identity was wrought with logic that doesn't stand up to outside scrutiny. A reporter who had no prior contact with him tracked him down effortlessly and there's at least a few dozen people that have seen him in action and seen his face and yet when it comes time to save his father it becomes a necessity to protect his identity and let the father die. That entire scene was a mess though as the family as it makes no sense whatsoever. They open their car doors, start talking about how a tornado is about to reach them, and they feel the need to close the car doors after the realization and locking their dog inside which they somehow forgot about. "A tornadoes coming?! I should first shut all the car doors and THEN run for shelter!"

The movie also killed the magic of superman as an extremely competent superhero with a few scripting blunders. First of all, only superman seemed to be having difficulty with General Zod's men. In that spaceship Lois managed to kill like 4 or 5 of the enemy alone using one of their own guns which undermines Supermans struggle with them as he kept getting knocked around in fist fights. I'm also used to Superman media having him save the day before anything tragic has a chance to happen but in this movie a whole city gets totaled with an expected casualty count in the millions and we're supposed to think it was a happy ending just because an army girl calls superman "hot"? We're all used to Superman films, cartoons, and comics having lots of collateral damage to buildings and the city but there was never the implication people died in the process and yet this movie ends with the explicit message that many innocent people of that city were caught and killed in the turmoil. Superman just felt like a sham of a hero with how incompetent he was at handling the situation and his failure to protect the people.
  28. Dec 22, 2014
    Dark,Gritty and fun,Superman returns in a brand new Movie reboot "Man Of Steel".Man of steel is a good film with great action and stunning visual effects.The Movie has flaws and some plot holes but the movie is still good in general.
  29. Dec 21, 2014
    The real superman film I wanted. I didn't not care for original series. I thought they were lame and boring, the acting, the action, writing, the story, BLAND!!!. This is the film that should been critical acclaim and adore by fans. The better story, acting, writing, action, and climax.
  30. Dec 18, 2014
    This is just a very brief review, but DO NOT GET THIS. It makes no sense. The main problem is, it keeps going backward and forwards in time, until you reach the point when you have literally no idea when the particular scene is set. The only thing going for it is the giant dub step machine.

1. Reviewed by: Glen Weldon
    Jun 14, 2013
    What it fails to supply much of — surprisingly, it must be said — is fun. This is serious business, Snyder seems always to be saying. This is badass. And given the sheer logistical size of the spectacle on display, it's a position that's hard to argue with.
  2. Reviewed by: Matt Zoller Seitz
    Jun 14, 2013
    The most striking and curious aspect of Man of Steel is the way it minimizes and even shuts out women.
  3. Reviewed by: Lawrence Toppman
    Jun 13, 2013
    David Goyer, who wrote the script for Man of Steel from a story he concocted with Christopher Nolan, found a new way to make us care: The title character is disturbed by everything in his adopted home.