- Starring: Amy Adams, Antje Traue, Christopher Meloni, Diane Lane, Harry Lennix, Henry Cavill, Michael Shannon, Richard Schiff, Russell Crowe
- Summary: A young boy learns that he has extraordinary powers and is not from Earth. As a young man, he journeys to discover where he came from and what he was sent here to do. But the hero in him must emerge if he is to save the world from annihilation and become a symbol of hope for all mankind..A young boy learns that he has extraordinary powers and is not from Earth. As a young man, he journeys to discover where he came from and what he was sent here to do. But the hero in him must emerge if he is to save the world from annihilation and become a symbol of hope for all mankind.. [Warner Bros. Pictures]… Expand
If this version of Superman is to have a future — as Warner Brothers seems convinced he will, having already green-lit the sequel — I hope Snyder will dial back both the casualty count and the Krypton mythmaking and instead focus on establishing a fictional Earth that’s rich enough to be worth saving.
Snyder tries to up the spectacle ante with ever more explosions, crashes, thermal blasts, topological realignments, gunfire and mano-a-mano fistfights. But the result is a punishing sense of diminishing returns and a genre that has finally reached the point of mayhem-induced exhaustion.
Jun 14, 2013o melhor filme de herois de todos os tempos, na visão de fã de hqs e filmes de herois.
o zack realmente fez uma obra prima, e conseguiu levaro melhor filme de herois de todos os tempos, na visão de fã de hqs e filmes de herois.
o zack realmente fez uma obra prima, e conseguiu levar o superman para o seculo 21.
com otimas cenas de ação e uma boa historia do david goyer, completa esse epico que vai ficar marcado por muitas gerações… Expand
Jul 1, 2013this movie has it al amezing action and some cry moments and amezing acting with russel crowe and the amezing other people in this movie itsthis movie has it al amezing action and some cry moments and amezing acting with russel crowe and the amezing other people in this movie its so good with a lilte sci fie elements and extreme music from hans zimmer its just so good do not lissen to the critics this movie is just sooo amezing so gat of your lasy as and go f.... see this movie… Expand
Jun 14, 2013I had my doubts about Man Of Steel but after watching Superman come alive and kick some serious ass, I was happily proved wrong. The filmI had my doubts about Man Of Steel but after watching Superman come alive and kick some serious ass, I was happily proved wrong. The film captures the humanity of Superman's search to be human even after finding out who he really is. David S. Goyer's screenplay perfectly reflects Kal-El's struggles and challenges growing up in today's world. Zack Snyder has managed to do the impossible, he has successfully made the Man Of Steel relevant and above all human. With a strong cast including Russel Crowe as Jor-El, Amy Adams as Lois Lane, and of course Henry Cavill as Superman/Clark Kent/Kal-El. Michael Shannon makes a truly menacing General Zod that you actually respect for his notions but understand his questionable motives. Overall, Man Of Steel is a pleasant surprise filled with plenty of little Easter eggs for DC fans to look out for. This is one summer blockbuster you won't want to miss, Zack Snyder has created another epic superhero masterpiece.… Expand
Jun 20, 2013I got high hope for the movie after I witnessed how Nolan accomplished for Batman franchise. The movie is great, I must say. But it gotI got high hope for the movie after I witnessed how Nolan accomplished for Batman franchise. The movie is great, I must say. But it got multiple rough edges. My actual score is 7.8.
I don't think the superman is too serious. He is funny enough in another way, like a normal human. He is optimistic, helpful, just like what a great person should be. The movie also reached my expectation on the stance of delivering emotion. The movie truely showed me the conflict in Clark about being normal or unusual.
However, my first complain about the movie is the performance of some characters. Take Zod as an example, he never showed any sort of emotion. He was just shouting about how he love his people. I believe the movie wants to squeeze a little bit more from him but failed. General Zod and his people are like bad guys with BAD on their faces.
Second is some of the plot made no sense. Why Zod wants Louise aboard? Why there's a control plug-in in her supposed jail? Why their ships' control is that easy to be overwritten? Why Zod is that easy to be killed even after he takes off his armor? It feels like the good guys were hacking to win.
The third is the fighting scenes are way too chaotic even on Superman's stance. With the help of Bourne-like shaky camera and half-ass 3D effect, my eyes hurt a little. The fighting sequences are always like "Superman shut up, he gets hit; Superman shout, he wins."
Overall, the movie worth the tickets, and I'm highly recommended it to DC fans and guys who want to see a blockbuster to kill some time. But I don't think it will be as memorable as Dark Knight Trilogy after couple of years.… Expand
Nov 16, 2014I knew that Zack Snyder should have done that, but I don't blame him. This reboot made it that close, but it failed, it was the critics thatI knew that Zack Snyder should have done that, but I don't blame him. This reboot made it that close, but it failed, it was the critics that ruined this movie which makes me frustrated! I deeply enjoy this movie, Henry Cavill is a gorgeous yet a muscular character, and General Zod is more cruel than he ever was. It really has some epic fight scenes but there might be a slight problem, too many destruction across the city of Metropolis and Superman's committed killing Zod and failed to save some citizens which is predictable.… Expand
Jun 15, 2013This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Easy steps to a better movie:
1. Don't try to pack so much stuff in on Krypton. Put the societal and environmental decay in the background, as context. Then, have Zod and Maximus argue about the best way forward, give us some touching dialog between the man and his wife with the mismatched accent, and then have Kal's Superpod lift off to a backdrop of the pseudo-nuclear beginnings of civil war. That way we don't see Zod LOSING both militarily and in a fist fight against a scientist in the first 20 minutes of film. Fill in the other stuff with the hologram and Zod's speeches later.
2. Have little Clark try to help, somehow, and screw up. If the bully had bothered other kids, and Clark had decided to scare him or respond when nobody was looking only to accidentally almost seriously injure the kid...it would have added a lot of weight and gravitas to both Bill Durham's otherwise alarming speeches and the kid's later frustrated efforts to remain passive. The oil rig would then be a pivotal moment in his character growth. "Oh, wow....I really can save these people, if I'm careful."
3. Make it rain. Even in Kansas, tornado out of nowhere is not a typical event. Why was it deemed a bad idea to have it be raining? Also, when has there even been that much traffic in a place where a Kevin Costner character might believably live? I grew up in South Dakota, and not even a high school football game creates that much traffic (and that's about the biggest thing that happens in those areas). Does he have a field of dreams opening up nearby, perhaps? Put a storm in there, lose half the cars from the shot, and have his foot get caught when the approaching disaster whips a car while he's helping the mother...the whole "going back at the last minute to save the dog" stuff is as tired as it is corny. Please.
4. Shoo the kids away from the closet. It's bad enough that the teachers just let them stand around gossiping while the child has a breakdown....but then his mom doesn't care, either? It's a weird backdrop for what could be a very touching scene. It's not like Clark couldn't HEAR and SEE them mock him if they were in the classroom, right? You gained nothing from having them there.
5. Have somebody else kill Zod. Maybe, as Zod taunts and dares him to finish him off and Superman howls in frustration, torn between not wanting to kill and needing to save that family, Lois Kryptoknifes the guy and resolves the issue. That gives us somewhere to go in the next film. If Superman is willing to kill when the need arrives, you've really just ditched one of the primary psychological facets that informs his internal drama (the other being his loneliness, which you've also ditched). Now, all he has is a fear of cloudy days and a whole lot of superpowers.
6. Reduce the destruction by 50%. If you only wrecked 11 buildings, and only killed a baker's dozen of soldiers and civies, none of us would have walked out going "Wow...lame!" How are you going to up the stakes in a sequel? You've killed thousands (at least), had Superman purposefully end a villain with his bare hands and make choices in battle that intentionally put humans at risk (including grabbing a bad guy from a remote location and willingly hurling him through various populated buildings in a nearby town). What's left to do?
7. Don't explain everything. The scene with the scientist looking at the circle (earth, natch) and the squiggly lines and immediately intuiting (with lots of scientific babble) that they were terraforming earth was a Michael Bay-level cheeseball of a moment, and unneeded. The machine is called something like a World Engine or something. You've already told us what it does. Don't try to explain how...please. And don't tell us how Zod modded his ride to get to earth, either. It's a spaceship, built by a race that colonized the stars. We wouldn't have rolled our eyes if you'd left that out. All the explaining helped make "alien weird" look and feel a lot more just "future earth"y.
Do these things, and you'd have a much better movie methinks.… Expand
Jun 30, 2013this is the worst superman i ever seen. this is not superman at all. the story is so far off from the original film.
and he is so geeky,this is the worst superman i ever seen. this is not superman at all. the story is so far off from the original film.
and he is so geeky, trying to be mucho. the original superman is more charming, brave, heroic.
the new superman never saves anyone, he is crashing buildings and dont care about the people, that is not superman. NO, THE MOVIE WAS JUST STUPID!!! the only good in it was the special effects.… Expand
- By user score