8.2

1. Sep 26, 2014
    " Denzel Washington's performance is Action pack , fun the best film in his career ". It's obviously that Washington is the legend of acting in all of his films which critics like it or not. I love it when Denzel is in one of his dramatic action pack thriller's Training Day , The Equalizer , Inside man , american gangsters , and Flight. Also good directing from Tony Scott. Denzel Washington made it happen and director Tony scott made it happen to. Grade A+ Expand
  2. Dec 8, 2013
    Gritty, violent, and action-packed, Man On Fire showcases Denzel Washington's acting talent. Maybe it was a bit too violent, but it's an R-movie.

The acting and cinematography was great. Reminds me of Taken.
  3. Nov 30, 2013
    As always, Denzel Washington delivers, but where this movie fails is in the direction. The jarring effects shown at times is a major turn off and leaves the viewer wondering if it is worth it to go on. However, for an action movie, it is pretty good and provides some good thrills and suspense along the way. Sure, it's not a cinematic masterpiece, but it's still entertaining and overly criticized by the critics. Expand
  4. Oct 6, 2013
    Another master-class movie with Denzel Washington as the movie's biggest highlight. He plays as Crease,
    a skilled combatant entrusted with the task to protect a little girl; Pita. He is a force that should be feared; especially when you don't give him answers.

It's clear that most professional critics are cynical They see a man sadistically brutalising kidnappers for answers; I see a
    man doing the right thing. Those people were criminals. Plus, if you were smart, you would realise that not once did he take pleasure in torturing his targets. In fact, he was more hesitant in doing so. He merely took the measures that were required. If someone you cared for; Pita in this instance, was taken away by these sick bastards, would you just try to talk to them for information? Treat them nicely? Don't kid yourself, I'm sure you would result in brutality out of desperation.

In saying that, Man On Fire is an excellent movie for its dramatic depth and moral.
  5. May 17, 2013
    This truly is one of the most touching and best movies of all time!
    Denzel does a great job along with the rest of the cast. This movie made me ball. Lisa Gerrard does a excellent job with the music!

I love this movie
  6. May 16, 2013
    an amazing movie that critics under rate dont listen to them giving it average it was perfect buy this movie on blu ray you and see what you think ok
  7. May 15, 2013
    An amazing performance from Denzel Washington makes what would have been an all right movie, into a movie that will be memorable for time to come. This amazing true story of a mans love and retribution inspire and entertain to the end.
  8. Apr 2, 2013
    Beside the annoying editing and shaky-camera effect, Mr. Denzel's portrayal of a tormented man seeking revenge make this a worth watch.
  9. Feb 24, 2013
    This was a good story, and they could have done so much more with it. I found this movie to be quite slow and boring. The character development is terrible, a lot of the acting is poor, and the cinematography, just makes things that much more confusing. I love Denzel Washington and when he teams with Tony Scott, it's usually magic, but they missed the mark in a big way on this one.
  10. Nov 28, 2012
    Featuring a moving performance from both Washington and Fanning, "Man On Fire" proves to be a frenetic, violent, and engraining experience.
  11. Aug 21, 2012
    John W. Creasy's masterpiece may well be death but Tony Scott's masterpiece is Man on Fire. This is a movie that makes you so upset and furious with the villains that you want to start smashing things. Then it unleashes a growling Denzel Washington to do just that. I can't think of any other movie that uses extreme violence as a tool for such deep catharsis. That actually sounds impossible but Man on Fire is so well constructed that every bullet fired makes you want to shed another tear. Absolutely perfect. Expand
  12. Oct 16, 2011
    This has become one of my favouite movies of all time. From the great soundtrack, the awesome cinematography/editing and the performances of the actors this film ticks all the boxes. Dakota Fanning is unbelievably good for her age and Denzel lives up to his usual standard. The first half of the film is quite slow but it is required in order to create the backstory of the Creasey/Peta relationship. Once the action kicks in the film really takes off. If I had one criticism, which I'm finding hard, it's that the film could be more violent. The first act of revenge is the most violent so after that it's a bit of a letdown. The ending could have you in tears. Expand
  13. Sep 19, 2011
    Powered with beautifully frenzied cinematography and poignant performances by Fanning and Washington, "Man on Fire" is a unstoppable train advancing to the audience with mighty, brazen force.
  14. Jul 15, 2011
    Very surprised that the critics gave such low reviews for a classic Denzel film. Saw this a couple of weeks ago for the first time, was shocked I missed this. Great plot and always nervous of what will happen next.

1. The movie's mortal failing is echoed in the religious medal Pita gives Creasy in a gift of innocent, uplifting love: Finding heft or coherence within all the lugubrious agitation is a lost cause worthy of St. Jude.
  2. Man on Fire, with a best-ever Denzel Washington, is the first (nonreligious) sure thing to hit the multiplex this year.
    Where Quentin Tarantino's "Kill Bill: Vol. 2" radiates freshness and vigor, Man on Fire feels vaguely like something left over from the 1980s, when action heroes were one-note tough guys methodically picking off baddies.