Roadside Attractions | Release Date: October 21, 2011
7.2
Generally favorable reviews based on 146 Ratings
Watch Now
MattBrady99Jun 13, 2015
This is one of those movies where everyone calls flawless but I think it's well done on a acting and directing point of view, but I do think it's a bit overrated in my opinion.

The story to Margin Call takes place in 2008 as a tense action

The story to Margin Call takes place in 2008 as a tense action as we follow one 24-hour period at an investment bank just before the financial crisis hits.

Margin Call is a movie that I thought was alright. I do think the movie is well acted and nicely written, but to me the movie is a slow burn and I just don't think it's brilliant as people thought it was. It's not a bad film but I don't think it's a great film, just alright in my opinion.
supersigyNov 5, 2011
This movie would have been a lot more potent had it come out right after the crisis. Three years later we have received so much information on the happenings in 2008 that a film that stays this close to the surface is just not going to cut it.
CitizenCharlieOct 23, 2011
Margin Callâ
asthobaskoroApr 1, 2012
Margin Call is more like Shark thriller than financial meltdown movie. What'd you expect from movie about people who 'trapped' all night fighting the beginning of crisis? Powerful script, act and direction.
sLmOct 21, 2012
Story was okay, and so were the actors. But the feeling as a whole was boredom, and at the end we couldn't even see the consequences of the crisis, just the man burying a dog. Pssh.