Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation | Release Date: June 4, 2010
4.5
Mixed or average reviews based on 57 Ratings
Watch Now
dylster11Oct 6, 2010
not the best movie in the world but a pretty good movie for little kids not a very good movie for older audiences though. at least it keeps little kids entertained.
jackb99Feb 14, 2011
cut the film some slack, it may not be to grown upsliking but is perfect for the lttle kids. it has its funny moments, whoever does not like this does not have any sense of humour!
RyanLopezDec 3, 2010
This movie is the best, it's funny, it's just awesome. It the best movie made in 2010!. I couldn't give it 10-it had some flaws. But it was still awesome! I loved it
[Anonymous]Jun 10, 2010
This is again someone makeing a movie with no point or plot for kids. yes its harmless but that doesnt meen the entire movie has to be a dog talking and doing cutsey wootsey things. what happened to film both kids and adaults could watch. or This is again someone makeing a movie with no point or plot for kids. yes its harmless but that doesnt meen the entire movie has to be a dog talking and doing cutsey wootsey things. what happened to film both kids and adaults could watch. or at least give us something barable to watch over the age of 10 Expand
0 of 1 users found this helpful
Forrestgump1Oct 9, 2010
"Extremely Cartoonish , the CGI animated dancing Dog sequence kind of freaked me out , it reminded me of Scooby Doo which i liked better than this its mild entertainment for the young ones parents and teens you will be lost in the movies bad"Extremely Cartoonish , the CGI animated dancing Dog sequence kind of freaked me out , it reminded me of Scooby Doo which i liked better than this its mild entertainment for the young ones parents and teens you will be lost in the movies bad plot & blunder" .. C- Expand
roddersj04Jan 1, 2011
If you watch the live action Garfield film, you must think "surely this is the worst film involving a live action animal as the star"? Not anymore, it isn't Marmaduke is a dull film about a live action dog, where the humour is mainly dancingIf you watch the live action Garfield film, you must think "surely this is the worst film involving a live action animal as the star"? Not anymore, it isn't Marmaduke is a dull film about a live action dog, where the humour is mainly dancing animals and farting. Oh, and William H Macy getting knocked over. Twice. I know, the film is intended for children, but seriously?Kids like this garbage? I suppose they also like Batman & Robin then The reason I haven't given this film a 0 ratingis because the live action actors, such as Lee Pace and William H Macy, act well, despite the godawful script which could've been written better by two five year olds. They manage to endure the rubbish and act professionally. It's also impressive how many good actors the film got for voice actors. Kiefer Sutherland, Owen Wilson, Christopher Mintz-Plass, Chris Colfer. Must've been paying them a lot. So, if you get to the cinema and find all films but Marmaduke are sold out, go home. It's not worth the admission of the cinema ticket. In fact, it's better for you to take a ten pound note and place it in the shredder. It's more entertaining, has better dialogue and is a better value for money than seeing Marmaduke. I think i'm gonna Marma-puke Expand
Filmcritic1000Nov 11, 2011
Marmaduke is a good film for young and old. I really enjoyed it because of the cute dogs and funny storyline. Yes, it is not perfect, but it's good for what it's for and it is a big selling film. And you have gotta love Mazie and Marmaduke'sMarmaduke is a good film for young and old. I really enjoyed it because of the cute dogs and funny storyline. Yes, it is not perfect, but it's good for what it's for and it is a big selling film. And you have gotta love Mazie and Marmaduke's cute relationship, haven't you? Expand
MattG.Jun 5, 2010
What do you expect with one of those live action films with people voicing animals? Do you think it's great?why no, it sucks. As far as I know, all movies like this suck.
ChadS.Jun 5, 2010
If Gabriele Muccino's "Seven Pounds" was a single-panel comic, and not a tear-jerking movie starring Will Smith, Rosario Dawson, and a Harlequin Great Dane named "Duke", maybe the strip would resemble "For Better or For Worse", the If Gabriele Muccino's "Seven Pounds" was a single-panel comic, and not a tear-jerking movie starring Will Smith, Rosario Dawson, and a Harlequin Great Dane named "Duke", maybe the strip would resemble "For Better or For Worse", the award-winning slice-of-life comic strip by Lynn Johnson, known for its realism, in which characters aged and sometimes died, like the Patterson family's sheepdog Farley, who drowned while saving four-year-old April. In one conjectural edition of a "Seven Pounds" strip, the caption might go something like this: "Great Danes live only for seven years," as accompaniment to an illustration in which Emily tells Tim about Duke, while they all sit contemplatively in the long golden grass of an open field. These gentle giants are fragile creatures, susceptible to gastric dilatation-volvulus(aka bloat), a stomach condition that's characterized by overstretching due to an accumulation of gas, a potentially fatal malady which can be exacerbated through overexertion. Marmaduke(voiced by Owen Wilson), a Kansas hayseed new to the west coast, uses dogs; in particular, uses Maisy(voiced by Emma Stone), who helps the great dane court Jezebel(voiced by Fergie), a pedigreed collie(shades of "Some Kind of Ruff-derful"), as he climbs the social ladder, and in return, discards this motley assemblage of curs without any compunction for their feelings. In actuality, hanging out with purebreds is advantageous for Marmaduke, independent of the cachet that goes along with being popular. Like juvenile delinquents who lure you into bad decisions, these mutts encourage the great dane to expend himself on a kinesis-based video game called Dance Storm. While Marmaduke can recognize himself in the mirror, and TALK, he lacks the anthropomorphic capacity to discern his own mortality. On the other hand, as the conquering alpha male at the dog park, Marmaduke lounges around on a pedestal. It's not snobbery; it's survival. Arguably, the mongerels are a bad influence. Even worse, Phil Winslow(Lee Pace), the dog's master, forces his pet on a longboard, and enters him in a surf contest. It's no wonder that Marmaduke is flatulent. Played for laughs, the dog's farting is probably a symptom of bloat. Marmaduke is dying. Expand
DagothU.Jun 5, 2010
Anyone who expects good out of a movie with half-baked effort CGI, rich Californian setting, and Chihuahuas deserves this. If you saw the trailer and still decided to go, then I really do not know what to say.
AlanGJun 6, 2010
One of the worst kids movies, and movies in general, in history. I thought that after Furry Vengeance taught people not to make these kinds of movies.
AlexAJun 9, 2010
Owen Wilson plays a long-snouted hairy beast with an expressionless face. But in THIS movie he plays a dog instead.
grindhouse83Sep 25, 2010
The voice cast impress, but the plot, characters and jokes are all recycled from better movies. Fun for young toddlers, innofensive but rather too derivative for an older audience.
Vormund_BoltSep 27, 2010
I knew the movie was going to be terrible when the CGI looked like something I would do when I am extremely tired, drunk, or all of the above. And when I seen Marmaduke fart, I knew it was going to be awful.
TheQuietGamerFeb 21, 2011
This movie is an extremely predictable story about trying to find your place in high school, the difference? the teenagers are dogs, while it does have it's funny moments, it's not all that entertaining, only young children will enjoy thisThis movie is an extremely predictable story about trying to find your place in high school, the difference? the teenagers are dogs, while it does have it's funny moments, it's not all that entertaining, only young children will enjoy this movie, and not all of them, know what your getting into before you watch. Expand
drlowdonJun 23, 2014
Based on the long running comic strip about a great dane Marmaduke doesn't do any better job of converting its source material than the ill advised Garfield movies.

Yes, younger viewers will probably quite enjoy the sight of a talking dog

Yes, younger viewers will probably quite enjoy the sight of a talking dog getting himself into all sorts of predicaments, but any adults stuck watching it with their kids will soon find themselves bored by the recycled plot and predictable jokes. Its all inoffensive and harmless fun but there are far more enjoyable children's movies available.
ZilcellMay 28, 2012
Its not all bad, and its a heck of a lot more fun than Alvin and the Chipmunks 3. Owen Wilson was a good choice for Marmaduke's voice and the story is harmless fun.
FilmVirtueMay 27, 2014
The films absolutely annoying characters and boring dialogue are likely to slip past the minds of kids, but for everyone else It's an 87 minute film that is dull and ugly. Very, very ugly.
lukechristianscJul 19, 2015
Charming and it's a kid's comedy but somewhat funny, there are talented people in the film but all of them were missed cast go watch them in something else. Grade C+
EpicLadySpongeJan 20, 2016
It's not the best dog movie for this year at all. In fact, they all had their moments just like how Marmaduke has its moments. Someone needs to put a movie poster on this movie though.
ZarbixiiJun 16, 2016
Absolutely fantastic movie, it made me cry tears of happiness. The characters are completely believable, the acting is superb, especially Owen Wilson, and the directing is some of the best since Stanley Kubrick, heck, even better! This movieAbsolutely fantastic movie, it made me cry tears of happiness. The characters are completely believable, the acting is superb, especially Owen Wilson, and the directing is some of the best since Stanley Kubrick, heck, even better! This movie deserves an academy award in every category, including best original song and best animated movie!! Truly a masterpiece of film making! I would recommend this movie to everyone I know. I watch it every day. Expand
GamecubeLoverAug 9, 2016
Another one of these dog movies with bad characters, bad plot, bad special effects, and the jokes to be so bland and cliche and annoying that even KIDS will hate it!
StannyCartvskiSep 16, 2016
Marmaduke is one of those movies that isn't a dog, but not PAW some either. It has some moneys of humor, but its a flick mainly for younger ones. It has an overload on potty humor and is bland and very predictable. It's mostly harmless, butMarmaduke is one of those movies that isn't a dog, but not PAW some either. It has some moneys of humor, but its a flick mainly for younger ones. It has an overload on potty humor and is bland and very predictable. It's mostly harmless, but not the best family movie. Expand
McJuggerThunderApr 15, 2017
Marmaduke is one of many CGI Talking Animal movies. They should really stop because Marmaduke wasn't that cute of a movie. "It's Diary of a Wimpy Kid but dog style! How great!" This was really stupid.