4.5

1. Jun 23, 2014
    Based on the long running comic strip about a great dane Marmaduke doesn't do any better job of converting its source material than the ill advised Garfield movies.

Yes, younger viewers will probably quite enjoy the sight of a talking dog getting himself into all sorts of predicaments, but any adults stuck watching it with their kids will soon find themselves bored by the recycled plot and predictable jokes. Its all inoffensive and harmless fun but there are far more enjoyable children's movies available.
  2. May 27, 2014
    The films absolutely annoying characters and boring dialogue are likely to slip past the minds of kids, but for everyone else It's an 87 minute film that is dull and ugly. Very, very ugly.
  3. Jan 1, 2011
    If you watch the live action Garfield film, you must think "surely this is the worst film involving a live action animal as the star"? Not anymore, it isn't Marmaduke is a dull film about a live action dog, where the humour is mainly dancing animals and farting. Oh, and William H Macy getting knocked over. Twice. I know, the film is intended for children, but seriously?Kids like thisIf you watch the live action Garfield film, you must think "surely this is the worst film involving a live action animal as the star"? Not anymore, it isn't Marmaduke is a dull film about a live action dog, where the humour is mainly dancing animals and farting. Oh, and William H Macy getting knocked over. Twice. I know, the film is intended for children, but seriously?Kids like this garbage? I suppose they also like Batman & Robin then The reason I haven't given this film a 0 ratingis because the live action actors, such as Lee Pace and William H Macy, act well, despite the godawful script which could've been written better by two five year olds. They manage to endure the rubbish and act professionally. It's also impressive how many good actors the film got for voice actors. Kiefer Sutherland, Owen Wilson, Christopher Mintz-Plass, Chris Colfer. Must've been paying them a lot. So, if you get to the cinema and find all films but Marmaduke are sold out, go home. It's not worth the admission of the cinema ticket. In fact, it's better for you to take a ten pound note and place it in the shredder. It's more entertaining, has better dialogue and is a better value for money than seeing Marmaduke. I think i'm gonna Marma-puke Expand
  4. Oct 9, 2010
    "Extremely Cartoonish , the CGI animated dancing Dog sequence kind of freaked me out , it reminded me of Scooby Doo which i liked better than this its mild entertainment for the young ones parents and teens you will be lost in the movies bad plot & blunder" .. C-
  5. Sep 27, 2010
    I knew the movie was going to be terrible when the CGI looked like something I would do when I am extremely tired, drunk, or all of the above. And when I seen Marmaduke fart, I knew it was going to be awful.
  6. Sep 25, 2010
    The voice cast impress, but the plot, characters and jokes are all recycled from better movies. Fun for young toddlers, innofensive but rather too derivative for an older audience.

If you like the comic strip, now in its 56th year, maybe you'll like it, maybe not. Marmaduke's personality isn't nearly as engaging as Garfield's. Then again, if personality is what you're in the market for, maybe you shouldn't be considering a lip-synched talking animal comedy in the first place.
    A dull but harmless big-screen comedy aimed at the youngest movie goers.
  3. "Beverly Hills Chihuahua," we owe you an apology. Among talking-dog movies, Marmaduke is the runt of the litter.