6.6

1. Jun 22, 2013
    An all star cast leads to Tim Burton's first sub par film. This film has a who's who of talented actors and actresses, but unfortunately it has a silly script and ridiculous aliens.
  2. Apr 16, 2013
    Mars Attacks tries too hard to be an intentionally bad movie. Even so, it still is charming and definitely nails the "so-bad-that-it's-good" category. Tons of cameos of stars that really shouldn't be in the movie at all.

Overall:
    This is a bad movie, no doubt about that. But, it is also incredibly charming and worth a watch for a quick tasteless laugh.
  3. Sep 10, 2014
    A very well constructed parody of 50's films. The effects are not convincing but are well created, plus the action filled story combined with comedy makes for a well rounded film experience---for what It's worth
  4. Jan 20, 2013
    This stylistic feature of black comedy has put quite a mark on reflecting and perhaps parodying America's attitudes towards culture and materialism. The fact that the design of the UFOs and Martians were less shoddy and more of what we think of them means that it helps to look at these in terms of our assumptions. A great ensemble of character with their own time to shine, the comedy isThis stylistic feature of black comedy has put quite a mark on reflecting and perhaps parodying America's attitudes towards culture and materialism. The fact that the design of the UFOs and Martians were less shoddy and more of what we think of them means that it helps to look at these in terms of our assumptions. A great ensemble of character with their own time to shine, the comedy is affectionate as well as outrageous. It's not meant to be predictable, it's the fact that the characters should have seen this one coming. Expand
  5. Jan 31, 2013
    The aliens are upon us, and they do not come in peace! After a fleet of warships are spotted on their approach to Earth, the world leaders prepare to welcome the intergalactic invaders from Mars, but are instead vaporized by their laser death rays! Who will save us when MARS ATTACKS? Tim Burton's irreverent black comedy combines the high camp of a Roger Corman production with Sam Raimi'sThe aliens are upon us, and they do not come in peace! After a fleet of warships are spotted on their approach to Earth, the world leaders prepare to welcome the intergalactic invaders from Mars, but are instead vaporized by their laser death rays! Who will save us when MARS ATTACKS? Tim Burton's irreverent black comedy combines the high camp of a Roger Corman production with Sam Raimi's particular brand of "splatstick" humor for an end result that is nothing short of hilarious! MARS ATTACKS features an all-star lineup that includes Glenn Close, Pierce Brosnan, Annette Benning, Michael J. Fox, and many, many more playing ridiculous caricatures of our social and political figureheads. Academy Award winners Jack Nicholson and Rod Steiger stand out in particular as the two opposing heads of government. Nicholson plays the politically-correct President of the United States who overlooks the aliens' initial attacks as being a "cultural misunderstanding," while Steiger gives us a taste of DR. STRANGELOVE as General Decker, whose hand is always on the button as he anxiously awaits the authorization to deploy his nuclear deterrents. Expand
  6. Feb 7, 2013
    If you're looking for a B-movie quality parody of B-movies with a bunch of well-known actors thrown into a plot-less confusion of a movie then you'll enjoy this! But if you are like me you'll just leave the theater after viewing it scratching your head saying "What the hell was that I just watched?"
  7. Sep 9, 2010
    Martians are look like completely not realistic graphics but a good plot
  8. Oct 8, 2014
    Very disappointed in this movie. The destruction scene looks like a cartoon! The martians look like a cartoon! At least Independence Day managed to be very good!

1. I'm not sure what it all means, but, as in Ed Wood, Burton's visual flair and affection for the characters make it fun.
  2. In its nothing's-quite-at-stake way, Mars Attacks! has Tim Burton's flaked-out spirit -- it makes you feel like a very knowing 8-year-old, seeing through the artifice yet believing in it at the same time.
  3. Nicholson squeezes every wretched drop of buffoonery from this character, and it's distressing to watch him play an easy role for easy laughs.