8.3

1. kcki
    Dec 5, 2005
    Ugghh! I tried to appreciate it's unique context, blah, blah, blah...in the end I would have sacrificed my own family to stop watching the movie. The tedium was endless.
  2. PhillipB.
    Feb 11, 2005
    By far the best movie Godard ever made...as fresh as ever.
  3. MelissaS.
    Mar 13, 2005
    Some things are dated, some very timely.
  4. Apr 30, 2014
    My fourth Godard’s film (CONTEMPT 1963, 7/10; BREATHLESS 1960, 9/10; PIERROT LE FOU 1965, 7/10) so far, thus apparently I am not a newbie in Godard school, but to see the defiant Jean-Pierre Léaud (Francois Truffaut’s alter ego in THE 400 BLOWS 1959, 9/10) has grown into a handsome young man, a boy-becomes-man leap from Antoine Doinel to Paul, with sharp stare, worldly-wise sophisticationMy fourth Godard’s film (CONTEMPT 1963, 7/10; BREATHLESS 1960, 9/10; PIERROT LE FOU 1965, 7/10) so far, thus apparently I am not a newbie in Godard school, but to see the defiant Jean-Pierre Léaud (Francois Truffaut’s alter ego in THE 400 BLOWS 1959, 9/10) has grown into a handsome young man, a boy-becomes-man leap from Antoine Doinel to Paul, with sharp stare, worldly-wise sophistication (a wonderful whistler and vocalist too), in a Godard’s picture, which strikes as a sublime force of naturalistic liaison between La Nouvelle Vague auteurs.
    read rest of the review in my blog, google "cinema omnivore"

An excellent film, still as fresh as the day it was made.
    Godard works with a bright style and a sense of humor and his pictures leave a cumulative impression. (Review of Original Release)
  3. Reviewed by: Staff (Not credited)
    Jean-Luc Godard visited the world of young folk to create his most humane film. (Review of Original Release)