Material Girls

4.3

1. C.
    Sep 6, 2006
    Bad movie. Bad plot, bad acting, bad characters, bad dialogue... Hell, everything is bad. The only actor who does a better job than the rest is A. Huston.
  2. DaveD.
    Aug 18, 2006
    Bad Movie in nearly every way. Hillary Duff is annoying and the movie looks like it was shot and directed by a drunk and bored three-year old.
  3. JordanG.
    Sep 27, 2006
    No plot. No laughs. Very bad acting. Very annoying sisters to begin with. The movie should have never been released. No one laughed throughout the entire movie and there was a line at the refunds table. Need I say more?
  4. MichelleC.
    Aug 17, 2006
    What could I do to have my 97 minutes back???
  5. SangheeJ.
    Aug 25, 2006
    this has to be the most horrible excuse for a movie I have ever seen. I've always hated Hilary Duff, and I also hate how many little sisters are famous off their big sisters (Jamie Lynne Spears, Ashlee Simpson), and this movie had both! It was a two-for-one. The acting was horrible, the plot was bland. The only thing I wanted was a refund for my money, and a time reimbursement for this has to be the most horrible excuse for a movie I have ever seen. I've always hated Hilary Duff, and I also hate how many little sisters are famous off their big sisters (Jamie Lynne Spears, Ashlee Simpson), and this movie had both! It was a two-for-one. The acting was horrible, the plot was bland. The only thing I wanted was a refund for my money, and a time reimbursement for the hour and a half I spent there. I feel bad for anyone whose mind even flits accross the vague notion of seeing this film. Expand
  6. TonyL.
    Aug 20, 2006
    Career advice for the Duff sisters: Hilary - Make 3 more Lizzie McGuire Movies. "Lizzie goes to college/Lizzie get's married/Lizzie has a baby" and call it a day! Haylie- Borrow some college money from Hilary, get a degree; and move on down the line!
  7. DonnaS.
    Aug 17, 2006
    This is the worst Hilary Duff movie yet! She still cannot act. Her sister is better, but not anything to write home about. And the writing of this movie is very weak.
  8. PaulK.
    Aug 17, 2006
    One of the worst movies I've seen this year. I laughed at the ridiculousness of it all, which seemed to help somewhat...Good luck, parents.
  9. DiegoR.
    Aug 18, 2006
    I really wanted to enjoy this film. But it's so bad, the acting is just horrible, i feel sorry for Angelica Houston thought, in every scene that she appears we can see on her face an expression like : "Get me out of here, i'm just doing this piece of c** because of the paycheck". And adding to this, the film is still racist!! Haylie is not the worst, but just because she have I really wanted to enjoy this film. But it's so bad, the acting is just horrible, i feel sorry for Angelica Houston thought, in every scene that she appears we can see on her face an expression like : "Get me out of here, i'm just doing this piece of c** because of the paycheck". And adding to this, the film is still racist!! Haylie is not the worst, but just because she have Hillary to be compared. Expand
  10. AnaK.
    Aug 21, 2006
    i tried to enjoy this movie, and i sorta enjoyed it... well making fun of how terrible it is. it was a terrible movie, with no storyline, and bad acting. it seems as though, it would be better spent giving a lecture, cause it was a lecture in the form of bad acting.

Overwhelming dislike - based on 12 Critics

The Duffs don't even fully commit to their characters here -- they’'e seemingly undecided about whether they can get away with being shallow and bratty without ruining their family-friendly images.
  2. A superficial tween comedy that mocks celebutantes like the Olsen twins while simultaneously pushing stars Hilary and Haylie Duff as their replacements.
    The Duffs are certainly cute together, but not even their natural chemistry can enliven all the preachy bits about hard work and the meaning of happiness.