7.9

1. May 16, 2011
    The movie was average to say the least. kids from 6-11 would enjoy it. And to be honest, there were some ok moments but not enought to convince me that this film is good.
  2. Feb 3, 2014
    Enjoyable for kids from ages 6-12, but almost everyone out of that age range will not find this movie to be that good. There's much better fare out there for kids anyway.
  3. Oct 3, 2013
    I simply love this movie. I saw it so long ago and it's still the funniest movie I've seen in my life. Unlike most live-action films, it's stylish and colourful. A lot is simple but you watch Max perform and it's like you're watching him in real life because of its energy, which is mostly how it gets its laughs on it's own. It's not my favourite movie ever, but simply a must-see for young and old.

1. A movie like this depends on clever bits and incidents, but there's little invention here to disguise the film's formulaic nature.
  2. While some of Max's pranks are exhilarating and funny -- the movie takes too long setting things up and, once the pranks are over, dawdles to its inevitable conclusion.
  3. This clunky juvenile comedy lurches among multiple story lines without fully realizing the comic potential of any.