7.8

1. RobertS.
    Mar 27, 2004
    Not only was this a sublime walk down "memory lane," but an insightful look at one man who influenced the LA music scene just because he loved the music. The clips in "Mayor" are a one of a kind look at a time in rock music that will never be repeated. A must see!
  2. HarryV.
    Mar 6, 2005
    One of my favorite films of all time - I've watched this over 10 times with not one second of boredom. Rodney is an amazing character and this film digs deep enough into that character to allow the viewer a small glimpse of a wonderful soul.
  3. GeriM.
    Feb 9, 2005
    For a while, I was a regular at Rodney Bingenheimer's English Disco. (And I remember you, Chuck. Who could forget? Glad you're still with us!) I had a lot of FUN, met some AMAZING people and got turned on (in more ways than one) to some of THE BEST music of the time. Thank God that that period of my life happened! Despite how OUTRAGEOUS the former L.A. club and music scene may For a while, I was a regular at Rodney Bingenheimer's English Disco. (And I remember you, Chuck. Who could forget? Glad you're still with us!) I had a lot of FUN, met some AMAZING people and got turned on (in more ways than one) to some of THE BEST music of the time. Thank God that that period of my life happened! Despite how OUTRAGEOUS the former L.A. club and music scene may look to some viewers now (And, of course, there is a downside from which I was, fortunately, spared.), many of those immensely TALENTED and INNOVATIVE artists (and their fans) had a VERY POSITIVE influence on my life. I would've never met nor even heard of many of them, had it not been for Rodney Bingenheimer. Collapse
  4. JohnB.
    May 6, 2004
    It is a good insight into that person in that period... at times dragging... worth the look.
  5. ChuckE.S.
    Mar 26, 2004
    I remember hanging out at Rodney Bingenhimers English Disco. It was the middle of the Sexual Revolution and it was the place to be in the 70's on the west cost. I can't even begin to tell you what that was like. I was a groupie and Rodney introduced me to everyone. I was making appearences on talk shows and showing up in major mags. When disco came out Rodney went to KROQ, I I remember hanging out at Rodney Bingenhimers English Disco. It was the middle of the Sexual Revolution and it was the place to be in the 70's on the west cost. I can't even begin to tell you what that was like. I was a groupie and Rodney introduced me to everyone. I was making appearences on talk shows and showing up in major mags. When disco came out Rodney went to KROQ, I followed the trends and we would meet back up for punk and new wave. We're still good friends today. WOW the MOVIE is GREAT! A Must see if you like music or just want to see what those decades 60's 70's and 80's were all about! I met, partyed with and sleept with some of the biggest names in rock..Thanks Rodney for helping me fulfill my dreams. You're #1. There is no one on earth nicer or more kind and caring then you buddy! Go see this movie people it's the best by far! Chuck e Starr Expand

1. Reviewed by: Bob Westal
    Compulsory viewing for anyone with the slightest interest in rock history or the power of celebrity.
    Engaging, if ultimately wearisome.
    Hickenlooper can't contain Bingenheimer's incredibly generous spirit -- so generous that, while obviously uncomfortable, he lets the director into his most private moments, including the scattering of his mother's ashes.