6.9

1. Dec 28, 2011
    Brilliant, a fun and innovating way of introducing new and controversial concepts that all connect and hold in common the central element of love search. It really makes you think about everything you know and take it to the furthest extreme, twisting it and giving you a whole different perspective of it.
  2. Apr 2, 2011
    I like Indie movies but this past few years I learned that the Indie Trademark created by Sundance and the Cannes "Un Certain Regard" has lost its quality features. This film follows a recent trend of over analyzing everything that happens today in a fast passed and always changing society. This way of thinking, for me, is just a waste of time. I prefer living over thinking about living.
  3. Mar 9, 2011

I will say straight up that I enjoyed this movie. However, it is my "type" of movie (That is; quirky, random, etc.). So I might as well put a disclaimer of sorts and say that if you expect this movie to have a well defined plot/ending. This is not your movie. If you don't like movies such as Napoleon Dynamite or Eagle Vs. Shark. This is probably not your movie. On the flip side, if you do like those movies and you don't mind a seemingly loose written movie, then I say give it a shot.

Basic plot of this movie is that it follows a few individuals and then in typical movie fashion brings them together and shows how interconnected they are. It follows a single father, his two sons, a old person taxi driver (Yes you read that right), and two teenage girls. Their stories are weird and incredibly awkward. But in the awkwardness you start to feel for the characters and at points I found myself really rooting for the characters or cringing when stuff didn't go their way.

Overall I'd say the movie is pretty good. Weird throughout and slow at times but the stories themselves I found to be surprisingly emotional and well done. Give it a shot if you like the movies I listed above or if you want to watch an atypical indie romance/quirky film.
  4. Aug 26, 2010
    The movie may poke fun at itself and the idea of modernism, but it's a film that really couldn't have existed at any other time today. On the surface it might look like a twee and artsy exercise (and will likely deter anyone who gets offended by those kinds of things), but more than anything it's a touching story told in an uncanny way. It also has the benefit of being positively absurd -The movie may poke fun at itself and the idea of modernism, but it's a film that really couldn't have existed at any other time today. On the surface it might look like a twee and artsy exercise (and will likely deter anyone who gets offended by those kinds of things), but more than anything it's a touching story told in an uncanny way. It also has the benefit of being positively absurd - I found myself laughing out loud more often than I do while watching most comedies. Expand

1. These characters are touching and sympathetic to the extent that they're lonely, and that's what most of them are most of the time.
  2. Reviewed by: Daniel Wible
    A real treasure in the guise of yet another Sundance dramedy.
    Performance artist Miranda July hits a grand slam as the writer, director and star of her first film. It's a moonbeam romance laced with startling wit and gravity.