7.3

1. May 10, 2014
    Farrelly Brothers once and again create a good comedy its funny and a psychical comedy . Carrey once again is a great comedian in his movies but this is most pyschical movie he has ever been
  2. SouthHallM.
    Feb 2, 2001
    This was Jim Carey at his finest.
  3. Sep 8, 2011
    I AM A DIE HARD FAN OF "Jim Carrey" AND I LOVE WATCHING HIS MOVIES AND THIS MOVIE IS DRIVING ME CRAZY, I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO TELL MORE BECAUSE I LIKED IT THAT MUCH MOTHER **** HIS ACTING,SCREEN PLAY AND "Renée Zellweger"S ACTING IS GREAT SHE LOOKED GORGEOUS IN THE MOVIE AND MORE I LOVE JIM THAT'S IT
  4. RDalvi
    Mar 17, 2006
    Humorous moments were good but not much. Carrey gives an excellent performance as both the personalities. The three sons of Carrey are hilarious. Overall, an okay movie. But I wish they had put more humor. Zellweger is cool.
  5. Jun 11, 2014
    Seldom any laughs, even from Jim Carrey, who can only make a formulaic approach in all his physical comedy roles from 'Ace Ventura'. The acting is atrocious, as is the dialogue, and the story is just plainly not funny, How is this supposed to be funny, to laugh at a guy whose life is that petty and depressing and cruel is going beyond comedy and into insolence.
  6. Alan
    Nov 6, 2001
    Must See.
  7. MikeH.
    Jan 25, 2001
    Probably not destined for the comedy hall of fame, but the goofy humor and crude jokes skewering, well, everything, make for an extremely enjoyable two hours.
    Jan 20, 2001
    I liked this movie a lot, had a lot of laughs!
  9. BethO.
    Feb 6, 2001
    For the most part it was a really funny movie. There were a few gross parts I could have done without.
  10. AdamE.
    Nov 16, 2002
    Being a huge Jim Carrey fan myself this movie managed to make me smile a few times but a weah performance from Zellweger and poor directing from the Farrelly brothers makes this film Carrey's most disappointing.
  11. jw
    Jan 27, 2005
    One of my favorite comdeys.
  12. maxn.
    Feb 7, 2005
    It was a good movie... and i think it was better then mask, but not as good as pet dic.
  13. MyName
    Mar 19, 2008
    My favorite film. It had a great plot and Jim Carrey was hilarious, although the film would have been better if he sisnt have this big white plaster on his chin for half the movie. Overall, I loved it.
  14. RyanM.
    Dec 2, 2001
    One of the most lovingly distgusting films of the year!
  15. NormanZ.
    Jan 27, 2001
    Typical Jim Carrey Shtick, poor story and poor writting.
    Jan 29, 2001
    FUNNNNNNYYYYYYYYYY.
  17. CharlesY.
    Feb 2, 2001
    When my family and I went to the theater, we had to choose between this movie and "The Perfect Storm." We chose this one; it was a bad choice.
  18. KellyM.
    Feb 26, 2001
    Every saturday my family goes to a movie. We chose this one over "Loser". A few laughs but a very bad choice!
  19. TommyI.
    Aug 2, 2002
    Carrey is King.
  20. MichelleG.
    Sep 11, 2002
    It was funny as hell.
  21. D.M
    Jun 5, 2003
    The humor is crude, and hilarious!
  22. PatC.
    Jan 5, 2004
    Kind of neat in an intelligence-challenged sort of way.
  23. EstebanF.
    Mar 1, 2006
    Amazing jokes, but an horrible plot. No more comments.
  24. GavinC
    Jul 27, 2009
    It may be quite crude, but the laughs keep it on its feet.
  25. AnneC.
    Dec 14, 2003
    Surprisingly devoid of laughs; the gross-out gags are merely gross and not funny as well. The few times I did laugh during this movie were more out of shock than genuine amusement Even Jim Carrey wasn't that funny--a character with a split personality should have been perfect for him, but somehow (script?) it doesn't work.
  26. AleC
    Nov 12, 2004
    Funny but sometimes boring. Nothing special just a normal film.
  27. May 9, 2011
    This has to be one of favorite comedies. Never a dull moment. Love the humor. Its truly unforgettable film for me. One of Jim Carrey's best along side Yes,man.
  28. Mar 9, 2013
    Jim Carrey always set the bar when it came to witty and all out ridiculous humour, but I'm just not sure just how much I enjoyed this film, it certainly wasn't a great film, but there where hilarious moments that may just save it.
    Carrey plays Charlie, a Rhode Island state trooper who bottles up all his troubles to the point of never facing any of his withstanding problems and issues that he has watched pass by. He does lead a simple and almost care-free life until he is drove to breaking point, and out comes his quite crude but equally hilarious alter-ego, Hank.
    He is then tasked with taking a suspected criminal across the country, only because his commanding officer (Robert Forster) believes he needs a holiday after his breakdown.
    The suspected criminal, however, is in the form of the delightful Renée Zellweger, who is the bubbly and often air headed damsel, who now has to deal with Charlie and his alter-ego Hank, because at this point the film does take a turn for the worse. It almost turns to a dumbed down and ridiculous conspiracy theory that just seems unnecessary, the plot had little promise to be riveting and enjoyable, the most enjoyable parts of the film consisted of Carrey and Zellweger NOT participating in the on going story, their strange encounters and dealings with Hank, with some hysteric moments,(Whitey the Albino, the introduction of Hank and some just too far, (the events after the vending machine scene just weren't funny, they were cringeworthy), but the movie does trot along at an OK pace due to the chemistry between Carrey and Zellweger, the former doing an excellent job of being the life and soul of the comedy in the film, apart from the odd shining moment from his three larger than life sons.
    For me, the Farrelly brothers just don't seem happy with maintaining their jokes to one film, there are several quips and puns in this that we have already seen before, and perhaps they still work, but they do push too far in trying to get the joke across, there is no subtlety involved in the writing of most of the jokes, and the true heart of the film gets lost in stupid nose noises and an ever expanding sub-plot.
    For what its worth, this is an enjoyable film, but not for re-watch value, and certainly not for a straight-up comedy.
    A decent attempt from the Farrelly's, but could have been much better.

A tepid and surprisingly dull farce stamped from the "About Mary" mold.
    If you choose to see this puerile tripe, check your dignity at the door.
  3. Carrey gives an awesome comic performance.. Look out for huge amounts of deliberately disgusting, gross-out humor, though.