8.0

1. Sep 3, 2010
    By the look of both the trailer and poster, you'd think that this is an awful chick flick when actually Tina Fey's film that she penned herself based from her school experiences and the book "Queen Bees and Wannabees" is actually a great, well constructed and intelligent film. The writing is sharp and witty and the performances delivered by both Lohan and McAdams are so cut-throat, raw andBy the look of both the trailer and poster, you'd think that this is an awful chick flick when actually Tina Fey's film that she penned herself based from her school experiences and the book "Queen Bees and Wannabees" is actually a great, well constructed and intelligent film. The writing is sharp and witty and the performances delivered by both Lohan and McAdams are so cut-throat, raw and dark that you really see who they're characters are. I was surprised by how well the story was created and the cast react to each other extremely well. Expand
  2. Jun 23, 2011
    I only watched the last hour of the movie and from what I've watched, the movie is OK at best. Lohan acts okay and the plot is original enough.
  3. Jan 28, 2011
    Cady Heron (Lindsay Lohan) grew up in Africa and is home-schooled, well, until now. Her parents move to America and decide that it's time for Cady to start high school. Then Cady is left to struggle with the non-written laws of the human world. The film is basically a chick-flick, with a high school theme.

Cady makes friends with the Plastics, who are the royalty of their school. They're these three beautiful girls, one of them stupid, one of them the servant bee, and one of them the queen bee. Queen bee, Regina George (Rachel McAdams), is both smart and evil, and the most glamorous of them all. First, Cady makes friends with them but after she sees Regina steal her crush from her, she plots a plan against the Plastics with two outsiders, Janis and Damian.

I had never watched a Lindsay Lohan movie before, and I'm surprised that she can actually act. She looked right for the role, and wow, she was looking decent before all those drugs and partying. She could've progressed into a good actress. Rachel McAdams makes a good smug, plotting, evil **** We're bored of seeing her in romantic dramas one after another, she must try different roles. Amanda Seyfried looked like she was having fun playing the stupid blonde, and that makes the viewers have fun too. And the girl who plays the outsider Janis, Lizzy Caplan, she's the chick from Cloverfield, in case "Who was that girl?" got stuck in your head.

Well, it's not a deep, meaningful movie. You can watch it just to have fun, or to spend 1,5 hours not thinking deeply. It's a high school comedy with girls plotting against each other, but it's not that bad. The cast is good. There is even Tina Fey. And the Janitor from Scrubs. It's watchable.
  4. May 29, 2011
    It might seems one more teen movie at a school, but the idea of the movie goes furthermore. Mean Girls can portrays very well what really happens in the girlâ
  5. Apr 15, 2011
    This Is A Good Movie :D
    Overall The Writing Is Good, As Well As The Acting.. Lacey Chabert Does A Great Job!
    I Do Think In The Middle On The Film, It Lost Some Of The Touch..
    Overall Good Movie..
  6. Jun 4, 2013
    Previously home schooled in Africa Cady Heron (Lohan) has recently moved to a small town near Chicago and immediately runs afoul of the notorious Regina George. Along with her two friends she soon devises a plan to get her own back.

Being a thirty year old male I guess I am not exactly the target audience for this film but seeing as it was written by Tina Fey, creator of the excellent 30 Rock, I was hoping for a few more out and out laughs and the movie can also border on being slightly too ‘Disney’ in the way everyone learns their lesson in the end.

Despite this Mean Girls makes for an enjoyable watch as it is clear that this is a subject matter that is close to the heart of Fey. Her immense writing talent is demonstrated in the way she injects heart into the script making the audience sympathize for characters that could easily come across as unlikable. The performances from the cast also help to move the film along at a good pace. Lohan is particularly good and with all her recent problems it is easy to forget what a talented actress she is.
  7. Sep 5, 2011
    Women and Men alike love this movie. When a movie that is 'strictly made' for a certain group appeals to EVERYONE, then you have a success on your hands. The writing, acting and cast are all spot on. This movie never gets old
  8. Sep 16, 2011
    I LOVE this film! Its one of my all time faves and Rachel Mcadams & Lindsey Lohan were fab! Watch it every year at christmas and am still meaning to get a cute miss santa outfit in tribute. Its a great chick flick and one that should be on everyones shelves. Plus I think everyone can relate to the kind of girls in the film. Am I right?
  9. Oct 15, 2011
    There comes a time in every girl's awkward high school years where she is offered a place at the cool-girl table. For Cady Heron, (Lindsay Lohan) the main character in the comedy, â
  10. Aug 29, 2014
    Far from surprisingly that Tina Fey wrote the sharp sassiness of this comic gold. One of the most quotable films of the naughties, Mean Girls is fab and fresh--not too much some of Lindsay Lohan's best work.
  11. Mar 31, 2012
    I usually don't like these kind of movies but i found Mean Girls quite funny. The script was really good by Tina Fey at that is where I think the movie stood out in my opinion.
  12. Sep 1, 2012
    I don't care who you are, you know this a very funny movie. This is Lohan at her best. Tina Fey's script is clever and has a great message for all teenage girls that applies to everybody.
  13. Dec 22, 2012
    OK, so chick flicks are normally the lowest form of entertainment next to reality TV, so why is Mean Girls an 8/10? Allow me to explain, Cady Heron has been home schooled her entire life, now she has moved to America and is put into an actual school. Completely out of her depth she seeks for friends where she can find them and ends up becoming a 'plastic', one of the best looking, and mostOK, so chick flicks are normally the lowest form of entertainment next to reality TV, so why is Mean Girls an 8/10? Allow me to explain, Cady Heron has been home schooled her entire life, now she has moved to America and is put into an actual school. Completely out of her depth she seeks for friends where she can find them and ends up becoming a 'plastic', one of the best looking, and most highly feared women in school. However as she begins to truly become a plastic to impress a guy she soon realises how wrong she was.
    Mean Girls on pen and paper sounds like every other chick flick but its much more than that, for anyone who went to school in the 21st century, its like being back in school. Every social class is portrayed wonderfully by a fantastic cast, not to mention that it is actually funny for both men and women. Mean Girls is one of the gems hidden in an overcrowded, poorly done genre and worth a try for anyone looking for a funny, feel good film.
  14. Aug 4, 2014
    This is definitely a very solid little flick. The script from Tina Fey is really strong, particularly when it comes to comedy. The jokes pretty much unanimously work very well and the one liners are great. Lots of quotable lines, as has been obvious since this film's release. Rachel McAdams, Lacey Chabert, and Amanda Seyfried, are all really good, especially McAdams. Lindsay Lohan is alsoThis is definitely a very solid little flick. The script from Tina Fey is really strong, particularly when it comes to comedy. The jokes pretty much unanimously work very well and the one liners are great. Lots of quotable lines, as has been obvious since this film's release. Rachel McAdams, Lacey Chabert, and Amanda Seyfried, are all really good, especially McAdams. Lindsay Lohan is also great and this should have been a star-making turn for her and watching this makes me sad thinking of all the lost potential for her. The film is certainly very chick flicky, but is a good one at that and is still enjoyable to me as a guy. Plus, even though is focuses on the problems facing girls in high school, a lot of the things they discuss about high school rings true all the same. Overall, this one is an easy one to watch and even easier to enjoy. Obviously not an Oscar-worthy film, but a quality flick all the same. Expand
  15. Nov 13, 2012
    One of those movies that isn't incredibly hilarious, isn't incredibly interesting and isn't incredibly unique...but is just enough of all of those things to make you watch it over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. The fact that Lindsay Lohan was an absolute dime doesn't hurt either.
  16. Mar 21, 2013
    A quality teenage film that explains many high school experiences for everyone, even guys. It's the ultimate clique film that really tells the true tales of what high school girls have to go through, and this whole burn book (which even my school had) situation and how it turns one against another. This film also had Lohan at her best before she spiraled downwards :P Not only do theA quality teenage film that explains many high school experiences for everyone, even guys. It's the ultimate clique film that really tells the true tales of what high school girls have to go through, and this whole burn book (which even my school had) situation and how it turns one against another. This film also had Lohan at her best before she spiraled downwards :P Not only do the youngsters perform well but the adults are great in this also. Overall a solid film and one everyone must see. Expand
  17. Mar 19, 2013
    This movie is really funny and represents American teen generation. Good acting and story deserves my positive score 7/10, and if you haven't watch it, then trust SEROJ, it's fun.
  18. Feb 25, 2014
    Not a bad flick, way better than the sequel. I don't laugh that much during movies, but this movie did the whole character thing pretty good so I found myself laughing quite often. Some corny moments, some cliches, but mostly an enjoyable movie.
    Recommended.
  19. Jan 28, 2014
    I have neglected this movie my whole life because I was judging the book by its cover, but with all honesty, I believe it is one of the best "tamed" comedies I have ever seen, and also a great story with lovable characters & acting. Just a very funny, full of heart feel good comedy, highly recommended.
  20. Oct 17, 2013
    In 2004, one of the most popular “chick flicks” was released, leaving a large impact on a majority of the female teenage population throughout the United States. Role model of the 2000’s decade, Lindsay Lohan, stars in the movie Mean Girls, leaving her with even more fame and popularity. This film takes place in a modern day Chicago suburb.
    After living in the jungles of Africa, Cady
    After living in the jungles of Africa, Cady (Lindsay Lohan) is forced to attend a public high school for the first time. On her first day, she receives a culture shock, when she comes to the realization that she has no friends, and after sorting out the students via stereotypes, recognizes she has no one to fit in with either. One of the main groups she picks out is “The Plastics”, who is led by Regina George (Rachel McAdams) and her two followers, Gretchen (Lacey Chabert) and Karen (Amanda Seyfried). Throughout the film, the viewer sees Cady struggle as she tries to fit in with this group, while at the same time maintaining her friendship with the not-so-popular kids, Damian (Daniel Franzese) and Janis (Lizzy Caplan), who, cannot stand “The Plastics”. All the while, Cady realizes that Regina George does not deserve the respect she receives from everyone, so she sets out to sabotage her with the help of Janis and Damian. After a handful of pranks played on Regina, Cady chases after Regina’s ex-boyfriend, Aaron Samuels (Jonathan Bennett). Throughout the film, the girls bring up the “Burn Book”, which is a collection of photos and rude comments of various students at their high school. When Cady and Regina get into their largest fight, Regina goes against Cady by bringing the “Burn Book” to the principal, causing complete chaos throughout the entire school, and ultimately causing an intervention for all of the students to attend.
    The acting in this film was well beyond my expectations. Each cast member played their role particularly well and fit the exact description of that specific stereotype. For example, Regina George is supposed to be the popular girl in high school that everyone either loves, or loves to hate. And in this case, Regina George was that girl that everyone loves to hate, simply because she is perfect in everything that she does. Also, Lindsay Lohan does an excellent job at playing both roles the “regular” girl and The Plastic.
    Another part of this movie that was done exceptionally well was the comedy behind the film. When this film came out, most people specifically older than 21 did not seem to find themselves necessarily wanting to watch the movie. However, once the viewer actually sits down to watch the film, regardless of age, he or she is bound to find themselves laughing. The dialogue itself is sure get the entire crowd in tears of laughter. Both the director and the screenwriter did a brilliant job at luring the audience in even the older crowd.
    I believe the film was an overall perfect example of what high school is sought out to be for a high school girl. From the different stereotypes, to the struggles of fitting in, the director did a tremendous job at producing a film that everyone regardless of age, gender, race, etc. will want to watch. The viewer gets a good look at the particular gender role throughout high school as well as the variety of stereotypes that are seen in today’s high school society.
  21. Sep 6, 2014
    I think this one of the best teenage movies ever, I think a teen movie never came so close to the rivalry of the girls in high school and with a such hilarious sense of humor.
  22. Oct 23, 2014
    Mean Girls has no words to describe how the film was perfect, can be considered the best movie of bad girls today (had a great reception from critics)
  23. May 30, 2014
    Smartly written and great comedic performances from the supporting cast, "Mean Girls" proves why it's the most funniest and quotable teen comedy to ever come of the 21st century. It's so fetch!
  24. May 25, 2014
    So far in my life, my past illnesses include a stomach virus, a case of pink-eye, a case of the flu, and two sinus infections. All of those combined were more enjoyable than watching this movie.
  25. Oct 7, 2014
    With a winning screenplay from Tina Fey, and excellent performances by Lindsay Lohan, and Rachel McAdams,this is one of the best teen films to come out of Hollywood since 10 Things I Hate About You.

1. Results in an edgy comedy, where laughs stem at times from uncomfortable situations. In other words, Mean Girls lives up to its title.
  2. Reviewed by: David Rooney
    This sassy if wildly uneven comedy navigates the treacherous high school jungle that separates cool cliques from wannabes, wading through some nasty behavior before delivering its moral message.
    Director Waters and screenwriter Tina Fey (also cast as the voice-of-reason math teacher) aim less for the usual high-gloss caricature than acutely hilarious sociology, nailing the servile malice of 15-year-old girls.