Meet the Fockers

6.9

1. KevG
    Feb 8, 2005
    This was a typical sequel which came no where near the level of quality the first movie achieved, a poor script and a half dozen comedy moments which were nearly all in the trailer, this is only partially saved by some credibal acting by Hoffman & De Niro.
  2. ChrisR.
    May 7, 2005
    Meet The Fockers is a sequel to Meet The Parents; my wife, daughter and son-in-law all enjoyed the original and wanted to see this one, so I gave in. It's about what I expected. Same ole, same ole --- uptight father-in-law to be DeNiro battles with liberal minded Stiller, only this time around Stiller has his liberal parents (Streisand and Hoffman) to back him up. Then there's a Meet The Fockers is a sequel to Meet The Parents; my wife, daughter and son-in-law all enjoyed the original and wanted to see this one, so I gave in. It's about what I expected. Same ole, same ole --- uptight father-in-law to be DeNiro battles with liberal minded Stiller, only this time around Stiller has his liberal parents (Streisand and Hoffman) to back him up. Then there's a baby (DeNiro's grandson) thrown in for good measure so that some pooper/breast gags can added to the mix. And of course, there's a lot a play on the Focker name, ala "And I will be Mrs. Pamela Martha Focker ... and, yes, I know how that sounds". I did laugh some but this really isn't my type of humor. I give it a 5. Expand
  3. JamesW.
    Jan 5, 2005
    The humor in "Meet the Fockers" (if you can call it that) is at a second grade level. Thus the grade of "2." (Not to mention the scatological implication, which is exactly on par with what the humor in the film is based on.) Steer clear.
  4. VanB.
    Mar 20, 2006
    If you never tire of all of the sex and bathroom humor spewing forth every night on TV sitcoms, then this is the movie for you. This movie abandons the original and creative comedy of "Meet the Parents", in favor of the same old "potty" humor we see everywhere else. About the only cheap comedy gag they didn't use was dressing men in women's clothing, but I'm sure if they If you never tire of all of the sex and bathroom humor spewing forth every night on TV sitcoms, then this is the movie for you. This movie abandons the original and creative comedy of "Meet the Parents", in favor of the same old "potty" humor we see everywhere else. About the only cheap comedy gag they didn't use was dressing men in women's clothing, but I'm sure if they would have thought of it, we'd have seen DeNiro in drag. Expand
  5. Oct 4, 2011
    Everything has changed. "Meet the Fockers", unlike its prequel, contains too much of the Hollywood spirit with the obvious-OBVIOUS family-romance-comedy-whatever formula we all watch.
  6. BrittanyW.
    Jan 10, 2005
    I Love Anything With Ben Stiller! He's Like My Role Model! Whoever Did Not Enjoy THis Movie Doesnt Know What Funny Is!
  7. gmarocco
    Oct 8, 2005
    About 1/10 of the laughs of Meet the Parents.
  8. BM.
    Oct 23, 2006
    Meet the Parents is one of my favorite comedies. This sequel is so appallingly bad I wish I could erase it from memory. I'm not sure what audience they were going after but they abandoned all the fans of the original. If you find the sex life of old people amusing then this might be for you but seriously, how long can you laugh at the same stuff again and again. Avoid this gutter Meet the Parents is one of my favorite comedies. This sequel is so appallingly bad I wish I could erase it from memory. I'm not sure what audience they were going after but they abandoned all the fans of the original. If you find the sex life of old people amusing then this might be for you but seriously, how long can you laugh at the same stuff again and again. Avoid this gutter trash and, unlike the original, definitely don't let your kids watch it. They'll just get depressed (and disgusted). Expand
  9. Jan 2, 2012
    A wasted cast is amongst a very lazy, laid back movie that you can tell the writers didn't care about because it wasn't that funny and a bit too raunchy even though it was kind of funny you couldn't find a soul to this film anywhere. I give this movie 20%.
  10. Aug 27, 2014
    An unfortunate and obvious follow-up to Meet the Parents. The addition of Hoffman and Streisand is wonderful; however, not nearly enough to save this franchise.
  11. DaveW
    May 1, 2005
    I thought Meet the Parents was a total bore, so almost didn't watch this one. But I found MTF much funnier that the first one. Low humor, for sure, but unlike its prequel, it had us laughing through most of the movie. The forced upbeatness of the conclusion brought down the energy some, but overall, well worth a look.
  12. MiriamM
    Jul 20, 2005
    Meet the parents was brilliant. Why'd they have to ruin it? Over the top with the sex jokes.
  13. TonyB.
    Jan 3, 2006
    Devoid of any real humor and without any class, this is, except for the luminous and wasted Blythe Danner, a truly dreadful film.
  14. RobertF.
    Dec 30, 2004
    Expected it be a family oriented comedy, like its predecessor.
  15. JBing
    Dec 30, 2004
    This would have been better with Jerry Stiller as the dad instead of Dust in the head Hoffman. This is nothing but Holywood giving work to bums that spout out liberal madness. The film is nothing but an attempt to popularize perversion on one of the holiest days of the year for a majority of Americans. I spit on these degenerate dogs. Boycott Holywood! If you are like me and you like This would have been better with Jerry Stiller as the dad instead of Dust in the head Hoffman. This is nothing but Holywood giving work to bums that spout out liberal madness. The film is nothing but an attempt to popularize perversion on one of the holiest days of the year for a majority of Americans. I spit on these degenerate dogs. Boycott Holywood! If you are like me and you like movies, but you can't stand the idea of funding the Liberal causes, orgies and drug parties, find ways to give them less. Don't see their films in the theaters if you can avoid it. Rent before you buy. Send the degenerates a nice financial message. Expand
  16. Karen
    Jan 10, 2005
    I like a good laugh and I admit I liked Something About Mary. But Meet The Fockers was possibly the worst movie I have ever seen. After the first 10 minutes I was restless and thoroughly bored. Then I just became angry because I felt so manipulated by all the hype prior to the movie's release. It was such a waste of incredible talent.
  17. LovsaMovee
    Jan 1, 2005
    A few cute moments - best actor goes to the child.
  18. AndyR.
    Jan 21, 2005
    It was so so so so so so so so so so so so good, i want to see it more and more. I recomend that u see this movie. It was my favourite of 04.
  19. NikitaS.
    Jan 2, 2005
    Meet the Fockers is one of the best movies I've seen in a while. I'm completely shocked of the other ratings! What kind of movie critics are you?? I'd understand 7 or 8 out of 10, but everything below that should not be tolerated. This movie is worth much more than on these websites. I say 85% out of 100. It's incredibly funny!! Twice as funny as the first one and much Meet the Fockers is one of the best movies I've seen in a while. I'm completely shocked of the other ratings! What kind of movie critics are you?? I'd understand 7 or 8 out of 10, but everything below that should not be tolerated. This movie is worth much more than on these websites. I say 85% out of 100. It's incredibly funny!! Twice as funny as the first one and much more entertaining! It's a must see and a must buy! The movie is AWESOME!!! Expand
  20. PeterG.
    Jan 30, 2005
    This movie is great!!! you must see this movie.
  21. HenryK.
    Jan 4, 2005
    Mostly bathroom humor.
  22. MarkB.
    Jan 5, 2005
    If you were a moviegoer 35 years ago, you were either a Dustin Hoffman person or a Barbra Streisand person. Not both. If you loved Funny Girl, then The Graduate was anethema to you, and if you were a fan of Midnight Cowboy, then you avoided Hello, Dolly! like the plague. Thus it's definitely of historical interest to see these two superstars play Gaylord Focker's If you were a moviegoer 35 years ago, you were either a Dustin Hoffman person or a Barbra Streisand person. Not both. If you loved Funny Girl, then The Graduate was anethema to you, and if you were a fan of Midnight Cowboy, then you avoided Hello, Dolly! like the plague. Thus it's definitely of historical interest to see these two superstars play Gaylord Focker's too-open-and-honest-for-anyone's good parents in Meet the Fockers...but historic significance doesn't replace entertainment value. Hoffman and Streisand are clearly having a ball oncreen (even if the fun is not too frequently contagious), and this inevitable sequel to Meet the Parents (a terrific mainstream comedy that I'm a huge fan of; it was full of gags and set-ups that built upon and played off each other in ways that Blake Edwards, on his best day, could be envious of) starts out imaginatively and promisingly with an opening sequence that delightfully inverts expectations and brings back a memorable character from the original. And you can't say enough in praise of the indispensable Blythe Danner, the true unsung hero of both films; as ex-CIA agent and suspicious dad Robert DeNiro's endlessly patient wife, her reactions and asides are a joy to watch and so subtle and understated they seem to belong in a different movie altogether. Otherwise, Meet the Fockers may leave you feeling pretty well, uh, fockered...it seems to be in a perpetual contest with itself to see just how low it can go. It seems to be winning, too; if you thought the surprise appearance of the "mystery meat" in the Focker family fondue pot plummeted the depths, there's always DeNiro's jaw-droppingly criminal use of truth serum on Ben Stiller, resulting in a scene of humiliation that left me with my mouth wide open for minutes on end...but with no laughs, I assure you, coming out. (The CIA kept this psychopathic lunatic on their payroll for 32 YEARS?!?) Both sequences, however, are easily trumped by the usually capable Tim Blake Nelson's bit as a Southern redneck cop so grotesquely stereotyped that he makes Smokey and the Bandit's Buford T. Justice and Live and Let Die's Claude Pepper look as complex and multidimensional as In The Heat of the Night's Bill Gillespie by comparison. Let's not even go into the foul-mouthed baby, the big-breast jokes instigated by same that are stolen right out of Look Who's Talking, the interminable riffs on Gaylord's last name (including one cribbed directly from...Meet the Parents), or the two (count 'em, two) slapstick bits in which the punchline is Ben Stiller getting a nosebleed. Director Jay Roach also did the original, too; his other big cash cow was Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery, and here as there, he demonstrates his penchant for torpedoing potentially terrific franchises with increasingly unimaginative, repititious and obnoxious (if admittedly profitable) Xerox copies. It's a hard thing to say, but somebody's got to tell the truth: Jay, you are now outside my circle of trust. Expand
  23. SarahB.
    Jan 9, 2005
    Not funny! Supper lame jokes, Meet the Parents was alot better. This sequel makes the first look even worse than it actully was. Not worth paying money to go see.
  24. DerrickW.
    Feb 18, 2005
    Entertaining for a movie that easily could have been a complete train wreck. The Fockers were played well, but occasionally over the top. Still, this movie was at least one ratings point better than the first.
  25. SusanM.
    Feb 22, 2005
    WARNING: This movie should be avoided at all costs if you suffer from a lack of sense of humour, or have recently had abdominal surgery and fear ripping out your stitches from laughing so much. Grumpy old farts stay home, this is a really, really funny movie!!!
  26. derikp
    Apr 21, 2005
    Horrible, tries way too hard to live up to the original. ther's maybe 2 funny lines in the whole movie. babs and dustin are extremely annoying also!
  27. MattM.
    Jun 3, 2005
    Meet the Rubbish! Film can be better than this! they will just get lazier if we keep eating it.
  28. RadioLady
    Dec 20, 2004
    ?Meet the Fockers? sounds like ?Meet the f-u-u-??. Oops! Can?t say that because of FCC guidelines. Just the same, the title pretty much describes the level of the humor in this Ben Stiller comedy. But that?s redundant because it IS a Ben Stiller movie. Clearly my expectations for this movie were not high and, maybe because of that, I found ?Meet the Fockers? quite funny. Don?t get me ?Meet the Fockers? sounds like ?Meet the f-u-u-??. Oops! Can?t say that because of FCC guidelines. Just the same, the title pretty much describes the level of the humor in this Ben Stiller comedy. But that?s redundant because it IS a Ben Stiller movie. Clearly my expectations for this movie were not high and, maybe because of that, I found ?Meet the Fockers? quite funny. Don?t get me wrong. This is not a movie for everyone. First off, the writers did not miss a single opportunity to play off of the name Focker. It?s silly and gets a little old but it somehow works with the other repetitious low-down gags. Focker is the family name for Greg (Focker), Ben Stiller. The funniest Fockers, however, (now I?m doing it) are Greg?s parents Bernie and Roz, a loose and liberal Florida hippy couple still living in the last century and enjoying every minute of it. Dustin Hoffman, as Bernie displays a previously unrevealed talent for over the top comedy. Fitting perfectly with Hoffman?s Bernie, is Barbara Streisand as Roz Focker, reminiscent of the "zaftig" Lainie Kazan. Bernie is a yesteryear lawyer who has not practiced since who knows when. Roz is the main breadwinner from her business as a sex therapist to the elderly. Greg is not too eager to reveal his parents' true nature to his fiancée?s parents as they all come to visit to get to know one another better. Teri Polo nicely plays Greg?s fiancée Pam. Robert DeNiro and Blythe Danner play her stiff and straight parents, Jack and Dina Byrnes. Oh ? also add in some baby low-brow by Spenser and Bradley Pickerin, two adorable twins playing Little Jack. So, go low, go loose -- or don?t go at all -- but if you like Ben Stiller, go see ?Meet the Fockers?. Dustin?s antics will crack you up and you?ll enjoy Barbara back on the big screen after so long. I?m rating it a B+ or 9/10. Expand
  29. ZakK.
    Dec 24, 2004
    Not even close to as funny as the first one. There are a few funny jokes in the movies. My favorite being the one about a penis.
  30. smig
    Jan 12, 2005
    This movie was great. I agree, what are your people's idea of a good movie...or do you just not like comedy. I liked it. There are not a lot of good comedies out there anymore. This one is definitely worth seeing if you liked the premise of the first movie.
  31. RobertA
    Jan 15, 2005
    Yeah. it was ok. 1st half of movie wasn't that funny at all. predictable. but the last half was a little better. 4.
  32. Bruno
    Jan 15, 2005
    Going in you know what to expect so let's not go there. Still a fun entertaining movie because of the actors involved. It is fun to see them playing up to and against one another. For that reason and that reason alone, the movie is funny. This is not rocket science folks.
  33. briank
    Jan 18, 2005
    Take it for what it is... It's dumb but likable, and most importantly very funny!
  34. KR
    Jan 19, 2005
    Very funny....as good as it's predecessor!
  35. BillP.
    Jan 19, 2005
    Worth it to see H U G E movie icons Streisand, Hoffman and DeNiro working together. Streisand and Hoffman show what star power and screen charisma are all about.
  36. deidres
    Jan 20, 2005
    This moive was so funny i couldn't stop laughing i think everyone should see this moive.
    Jan 2, 2005
    A terrible movie. Overdone, not funny.
  38. Mesi
    Jan 29, 2005
    Verrrry funnny and embarrassing. It's worth to see!!!
  39. AnaB.
    Jan 5, 2005
    I loved it. went with no expectations because of the reviews and i was pleasantly surprised. may have even liked it better than the first. they ALL gave great performances. loved hoffman and streisand. 2 thumbs up. made me happy.
  40. rw
    Jan 8, 2005
    This movie was so obvious and BORING! most of the jokes were so easy to guess, and they kept going on and on with the same riffs. horny dog, cute baby, sexual parents, sexually repressed parents, etc.. don't see it. it was a waste of time!
  41. MarcD.
    Jan 8, 2005
    Only 2 things save this film. Stiller and the character of Bernie Focker. The rest of the show is a little too painful to watch.
  42. FunnyMovie
    Jan 9, 2005
    Funny movie... If you like the first one you'll enjoy this onr. It was a good laugh.
  43. PaulF.
    Feb 16, 2005
    Great all around comedy. I'm glad to see Dustin Hoffman back in the sadle again. He's a great actor and does well in comedy. Also kudos for Barbra, I didn't know she had comedy in her but it was a pleasant surprise. Honorable mentions for both especially for De Niro and finally Stiller but mama and papa Focker really stold the show.
  44. PimkiePink
    Mar 12, 2005
    Just makes u Laugh out Loud!
  45. ChadS.
    Mar 7, 2005
    The cast in "Meet the Fockers" wear a lot of red and blue. Metaphor, perhaps? The little dog that gets flushed down the toilet emerges from its misadventure coated in blue dye. Yes, the case can be made that the Democratic Party has been flushed down a toilet for the five years, and most likely for the next three. The execution of this scene, however, is sloppy, because the cat The cast in "Meet the Fockers" wear a lot of red and blue. Metaphor, perhaps? The little dog that gets flushed down the toilet emerges from its misadventure coated in blue dye. Yes, the case can be made that the Democratic Party has been flushed down a toilet for the five years, and most likely for the next three. The execution of this scene, however, is sloppy, because the cat could've been stopped from pushing the lever if somebody made a lunge for either animal instead of stopping at the entryway. "Meet the Fockers" is watchable and will be even more so on the small screen. It's a sitcom. "Sideways" is a movie. Expand
  46. Spybreak
    Apr 7, 2005
    Nowhere near as good as 'Meet The Parents'. The story is boring; the jokes are dead and overall the film fails to impress (except when Ben throws the brick at the vehicle). Wait for it to show on TV, it's not really worth your while anyway. A huge disappointment.
  47. AndyG
    May 13, 2005
    Amazingly bad.
  48. NzingaM.
    May 15, 2005
    Very funny.
  49. Michael
    May 16, 2005
    It was okay. Some laughs. Not the best plot. I wish there was more to the movie.
  50. bjmiller
    May 16, 2005
    Much better than Meet the Parents. A really funny movie. At times a little silly, but nothing overly absurd. Dustin Hoffman and Barbra Streisand are so out of character in this movie, and just funny as can be. I wish we could get more movies like this, instead of blood, sex, and violence. There are some sexual gags and references, but nothing overly obscene or vulgar.
  51. JohnM.
    Jun 12, 2005
    I liked it the first time I saw it, when it was called Meet the Parents.
  52. DannyD
    Jun 12, 2005
    This film is soo bad, It just shows how much big name actors are obsessed with making money. If you have not seen the first meet the parents, you might enjoy this, if not u won't - as the exact same type jokes are used throughout. A terrible remake, which should never have been released.
  53. NikkiG
    Jun 28, 2005
    Totally fantastic, I've never laughed so much in my laugh! Brilliant funny movie. One of the best I have ever seen.
  54. DaveF
    Jun 7, 2005
    The red-democrat-shirt vs. blue-republican-toilet-cleaner metaphor is interesting, but a bit of a reach; "Meet the Fockers" doesn't strive for multiple levels. The original didn't either, but it was hilarious whereas this movie is barely diverting. (It shows us a blue toilet-cleaner-soaked datchund simply because it's funny--one of the few laugh-aloud moments.) Gaylord The red-democrat-shirt vs. blue-republican-toilet-cleaner metaphor is interesting, but a bit of a reach; "Meet the Fockers" doesn't strive for multiple levels. The original didn't either, but it was hilarious whereas this movie is barely diverting. (It shows us a blue toilet-cleaner-soaked datchund simply because it's funny--one of the few laugh-aloud moments.) Gaylord Focker's Shrine of Mediocrity is an accurate self-parody, replete with jockstrap-level humor and second-rate gags. The Fockers jump up and down and in so many words yell, "Laugh! We're so wacky!". Usually you'll want to crawl away, not unlike the Byrnses. Still, it's fun to watch big name actors embarrass themselves. Keeps 'em humble! Criticizing these sorts of movies really isn't worth it, anyway. What can we expect? They're inevitable, inferior byproducts of their originals' success. So rent "Meet the Parents" again, and wait for cable to meet the Fockers. Expand
  55. GaryG.
    Jul 12, 2005
    Excellent cast with a middling script provides plenty of silly laughs. Hoffman & Striesand are effortless, while DeNiro's continuing self-parody actually works here.
  56. JusticeT.
    Dec 18, 2004
    The family structure is put to the test in this very adult comic sequel to "Meet The Parents". In this outing, Greg and Pam are to be married but first the families should meet to get to know each other and to plan the wedding. Addressing real-life issues and hilarity ensues. Barbra Streisand and Dustin Hoffman are perfectly cast as Gaylord aka Greg Focker's parents who are the near The family structure is put to the test in this very adult comic sequel to "Meet The Parents". In this outing, Greg and Pam are to be married but first the families should meet to get to know each other and to plan the wedding. Addressing real-life issues and hilarity ensues. Barbra Streisand and Dustin Hoffman are perfectly cast as Gaylord aka Greg Focker's parents who are the near exact opposites of Robert De Niro and Blythe Danner's Byrneses. For this sequel to work, the audience must believe that these are Greg's parents and that he is in a quandry because he knows how they will be received by the Byrneses. And work it does. But greater than the humour in this film, of which there is plenty, there is so much love that one cannot walk away without seeing their own lives in this story. It's not an "important" film just a very good one. One that fires on all cylinders and glides almost effortlessly from beginning to end. The star power here does not overshadow the story, it empowers it. These are performers at the top of their craft, including the direction, writing, editing, art decoration and editing. Expand
  57. MikeM.
    Dec 24, 2004
    Although this film has its high points, one's that will definitely incite laughter, i found it to be terrible. i was annoyed with each and every character and couldn't wait for the film to be over just so i could stop having to view their aggravating ways. the characters are also put in every ludicrous, predictable situation possible. there's no creativity or ingenuity in Although this film has its high points, one's that will definitely incite laughter, i found it to be terrible. i was annoyed with each and every character and couldn't wait for the film to be over just so i could stop having to view their aggravating ways. the characters are also put in every ludicrous, predictable situation possible. there's no creativity or ingenuity in the writing. nothing surprises you, you see it all coming. if you're going to the movies for a few cheap laughs, then Meet the Fockers is for you. yet if you like movies that are actually good, then by all means, please pass this film up. Expand
  58. AllisonS.
    Dec 24, 2004
    Fockers is a good, fun movie -- lots of laughs. It's really highlighted by the presence of Barbra Streisand and Dustin Hoffman. They have amazing chemistry and are worth the price of a ticket just to see them interact.
  59. JoeA.
    Dec 25, 2004
    Hard to compete with the first movie. Not great, not bad, but the recommendation is made mostly for Stiller and Streisand. Some of the scenes are a little hackneyed, but something light and fluffy to see during the holiday season. Don't go in expecting to see "Meet the Parents" though.
  60. TomM.
    Dec 25, 2004
    Sexual Christmas. Just the message we need at this time of the year. Old folks acing sexual, dog having missionary sex with a toy animal, baby saying "asss-Holeee". Unmerry Crap.
  61. VenM
    Dec 27, 2004
    This is a amazing movie! Everyone who rated it a 0 or below 5 has no sense of humor at all. You have to see this movie as a movie not as a sequel. Sure Meet the Parents might have been better, but this movie is still hilarious. It is a good movie so quit hating on it.
  62. JoshE.
    Dec 28, 2004
    Augh...tiring!
  63. JackB.
    Jan 28, 2005
    My wife forced me to see this movie. I found it really boring and silly. If I was the owner of that little dog I would have it castrated or shot.
  64. jess
    Mar 15, 2005
    Is was a great is better then the meet the parents.
  65. Movie_Lover
    May 17, 2005
    Loved it.
  66. P.Samuels
    Dec 19, 2004
    Funnier than the first...
  67. OliverF.
    Dec 22, 2004
    If you like the first one you will like this one. Maybe not quit as original and fresh as "Meet The Parents" but not nearly as bad as a lot of critics say!
  68. Sebastian
    Dec 23, 2004
    Was pretty funny... didnt feel as original as the first though.
  69. EricS
    Dec 24, 2004
    Critics have got to abandon their unrealistically high expecations and akowledge a good, entertaining movie when they see one. Is it really possible that this movie got a 40 while the Incredibles, utter trash, got an 88? IMO, meet the Fockers is one of the best comedies in years. I thought all the acting was top notch, and no, the seemingly overwhelming number of stars add to its Critics have got to abandon their unrealistically high expecations and akowledge a good, entertaining movie when they see one. Is it really possible that this movie got a 40 while the Incredibles, utter trash, got an 88? IMO, meet the Fockers is one of the best comedies in years. I thought all the acting was top notch, and no, the seemingly overwhelming number of stars add to its greatness, not make it worse. I'm sorry to go off on a rant, but it just irks me to know that such a great movie will likely go unappreciated because some people don't know quality entertainment when it's right in front of them. Do yourself a favor and see Meet the Fockers, despite the reviews. If you're actually capable of forming an opinion based on your enjoyment of a film, rather than its reputation, I think you'll have a great time. Expand
  70. SamJ.
    Dec 26, 2004
    An utterly simple, moronic and obnoxious movie that gives a new meaning to the word "trash."
  71. Chimp
    Dec 26, 2004
    Not too shabby. Some very funny parts, but like the first one some parts are just so excruciatingly embarrising its hard to watch. Dustin Hoffman in particular however is pretty funny.
  72. PersonX
    Dec 27, 2004
    See it. It's funny and entertaining, and it's not meant to be taken seriously. Don't see it if you're one of those pretentious a..holes that judges absolutley everything and looks for oscar worthy material. This is just a good, fun movie.
  73. Nov 26, 2011
    I think the addition of Hoffman and Streisand did wonders for the cast. It was a solid film overall and was well worth watching. A good sequel to what is becoming a good franchise.
  74. Apr 23, 2014
    In Meet the Parents the hapless Focker (Stiller) met his fiancées parents and, while it was far from perfect, it certainly provided enough laughs to make for a worthwhile watch. This sequel, which now see's Fockers hippy parents join in on the act, is a pale imitation however despite the all the acting talent on show. There are a couple of humorous scenes but most jokes, for me at least,In Meet the Parents the hapless Focker (Stiller) met his fiancées parents and, while it was far from perfect, it certainly provided enough laughs to make for a worthwhile watch. This sequel, which now see's Fockers hippy parents join in on the act, is a pale imitation however despite the all the acting talent on show. There are a couple of humorous scenes but most jokes, for me at least, just fell flat meaning I was bored well before the final credits of what is a fairly lazy sequel. Expand
  75. Jan 16, 2012
    Eh it was ok. It didnt dwell on the first film too much but it didnt do enough to really set itself apart either. The cast is good but the story is too generic and features a lot of generic jokes. Its funny though and worth the watch, Just dont expect to be amazed by it.
  76. Feb 9, 2013
    Liked it as much as I did the origial. The addition of Hoffman and Streisand definently added new life to the film. I am really suprised that critics and users didn't like it more. It' a good comedy.
  77. Mar 15, 2013
    I was actually a little disappointed. It didn't live up to the originals standards at all. The performances were great but it didn't have a lot of funny parts which is surprising since the first one was hilarious. The third one saved it big time.
  78. Dec 12, 2013
    While it does contain strong hints to it's predecessor, Meet The Fockers gets plenty of fresh humor from the addition of Hoffman and Streisand, and the content is delivered perfectly by a great cast.

1. Reviewed by: Ty Burr
    What a waste.
  2. It's left to Barbra Streisand and Dustin Hoffman as Greg's parents to warm up the picture, and they light it on fire. Indeed, they're having such a swell time as Roz and Bernie Focker that they seem to be in an entirely different movie--a funnier one, a sexier one and a smarter one.
    How the mighty (De Niro and Hoffman) have fallen? More like how the mighty have pile-driven themselves into the solid mass of rock at the core of the Earth. . . .