7.3

1. Nov 6, 2010
    This movie was a lot of fun. Suitable for all ages. I caught the 3D version, and it was very well done. Will Farrell was very funny as Megamind. If you like his comedy, you will like this movie.
  2. BKL
    Nov 5, 2010
    This movie will leave you scratching your head, asking yourself 'what just happened?'. Will Ferrell at his best! Megamind will blow your mind, and this is no joke!
  3. Nov 7, 2010
    Great movie for the whole family! Great voices and quite a few twists! Very funny and very happy with the story line and ending, you won't be disappointed. To the critics: who cares if its a Superman sattire? It's a great movie!
  4. Nov 15, 2010
    Nine year old daughter says it is the best movie she ever saw!

I have to admit I found myself laughing out loud more than a few times while watching
    this animated 3D movie. I even forgot I was wearing those 3D glasses.
  5. Nov 16, 2010
    This movie addresses an interesting question; what defines a super hero? Or for that matter, what defines a villain? In Megamind we find Will Farrell playing a super-villain now lacking a hero to match himself against. In a fit of boredom he attempts to create a different challenge and finds himself defending the city he loves to torment. This film accomplished something wonderful; it made me feel like a kid again. I found myself smiling uncontrollably in the climax of the movie and cheering for the good(?) guy as brains clashed against its old time foe, brawn. A must for anyone that still secretly hopes for super powers, adult or child. Expand
  6. Mar 2, 2012
    Megamind may be somewhat similar to Despicable Me, but it has a lot that makes it more unique. It is a lot more adventurous and daring and it feels like a great comic book story.
  7. Jan 7, 2012
    I love this movie best kid's film ever, very funny, very entertaining and very good. u will not regret seeing this!!! and it has the very good twist ending!
  8. Nov 9, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Too bad for Hal(Jonah Hill) that the laws of physics prevent him from having an unlimited amount of do-overs, since his courting of Roxanne Ritchie(Tina Fey), a reporter who covers the Metro Man beat, theoretically, would have taken an almost infinite amount of trial runs in order for the desired love connection he covets, to come about. When Megamind(Will Ferrell) turns the cameraman into Tighten, one chance is all the newly-minted superhero has to woo the Lois Lane-esque reporter, but he blows it, in spite of all the years he spent observing Metro Man through his lens, and that's because the superhero persona he cops isn't an organic extension to his natural make-up. Neither heroic, nor romantic, characteristics that mortal men possess too, Hal becomes enraged and confused when Roxanne rebuffs his overtures for love, even as Tighten, because he thought the cape was the key to her heart. If only it was "Groundhog Day". In the Harold Ramis film, the laws of physics pull a fast one on Rita(Andie McDowell), the segment producer on the Punxsutaney Phil shoot, who falls for weatherman Phil Connors(Bill Murray) without ever realizing that her heart was won over through trial and error, a time loop perpetuated by an omniscient narrator with the powers of a superhero. Phil's subconscious, perhaps, was the one who messed with the space-time continuum, since time doesn't move forward until the misanthropic journalist wins Rita over. If only Hal knew that Roxanne and Metro Man(Brad Pitt) were not an item. As Tighten, he tries to impress Roxanne by showing her the city from the sky, but his attempt at romantic spontaneity comes across as rehearsed, especially when Hal drops his captive audience of one in mid-air because it's what he thinks Metro Man would do. Unfortunately, Roxanne comes closer to dying than falling in love. His forced stab at creating a backdrop for romance has the same forced tenor as the scene in "Groundhog Day", in which Phil, portraying himself as future husband material, ends up scaring away some local kids from constructing a snowman with the grown-ups. It worked once, and Rita swoons a bit, but the second time around fails, as his every word suddenly becomes weighty with self-consciousness, giving his voice an off-kilter timbre that ends up scaring both the children and woman. Whereas the potentiality of that snowman being built was always a reasonable proposition because of Phil's relative humanity, Hal, on the other hand, could spend an eternity aping Metro Man, flying his brains out with Roxanne in tow, night after night, and never getting anywhere near his objective. Tighten has superpowers, but he doesn't know how to use them. He just isn't the Metro Man type, and worse yet, the disgruntled superhero abuses his gifts, when he threatens Roxanne(and the Metro City denizens) after she declines to reciprocate his show of ardor. He's pure evil, unlike Megamind, who is like one of the famous international playboys, the last, that Morrissey sings about, because the blue man is "not naturally evil"; his plot to kill Metro Man was only a ploy to "make [him]self more attractive to [Roxanne]," and when it doesn't, the moviegoer knows how deep the blue runs. Unlike Tighten, Phil is Superman in the sense that he puts his immortality at risk by committing suicide on a daily basis, never knowing if his latest attempt will become his last. In Richard Donner's "Superman II", Superman knowingly exposes himself to Kryptonite, in the form of harnessed red rays, as he steps into the crystal chamber, where he could easily die, as the Man of Steel tests his invincibility out of love for a woman, just like Phil, an ordinary man who does an extraordinary thing. By killing himself, Phil explores the possibility that his own death may be the key to freeing Rita and his smart-alec cameraman from the time loop. Hal would never make that sort of sacrifice. Unlike Lois Lane, who loves Superman, and not his alter-ego Clark Kent, Roxanne's taste in men is much more idiosyncratic; she kisses Bernard(Ben Stiller), Megamind's alter-ego, not Metro Man, the man Hal aspires to be, because being the protector of man was never supposed to be the megalomaniacal superhero's gig either. And when Megamind accidentally reveals his true identity in the middle of that kiss, a great wrong is finally righted. Roxanne is kissing the real hero. The alien babies ended up with the wrong lives, the wrong destinies. Since apathy can be a form of treachery, Metro Man's willingness to leave mankind unprotected makes him a villain, in some ways, far worse than Megamind ever was. Expand
  9. Nov 8, 2010
    Some of these critics (especially makrtik2) Don't get the movie, because it is told from the side of a 'bad-guy' who , like most 'bad' people... are a product of society. It's a good story in the sense that it conveys the message that you don't have to live the life that was chosen for you, but rather to pave your own way.

If you're a hater of 'evil', then you will not give this movie
    a chance. But if you are open-minded... you should enjoy it a lot. The only thing that I found a little discomforting, was the background music.
    In Cinematography, music can make or break the movie. And they chose a bunch of old rock songs to fill the background with. But you can't blame them, since the music of today is garbage.

Megamind is a GREAT movie. I'm going to watch it again. (!)
  10. Nov 9, 2010
    This movie was surprising ! The first time I saw the trailer, I was saying to myself "This movie looks ridiculous". But I was wrong. It was a AWESOME movie ! The cast did a great job, the plot is fantastic, it was hilarious, the songs in the movie were sick (AC/DC) and the 3D effects are cool. It's a must see movie !
  11. Dec 13, 2010
    While this film isn't quite perfect, it is close enough that you don't even care. I was pleasantly suprised with the outcome. The characters are well written, and stick to themselves, and act as they should in the heat of the moment, unlike the majority of kids charavters these days. The imagery, while not as whimsical or colorful as Tangled, but it fits. Facial expressions and weather effects are spot on. My one complaint is to have more Minion! He is the real star here! Expand
  12. Nov 26, 2010
    I really enjoyed this movie. Though the relationship between Megamind and minion was kinda creepy, like a mother son thing. The scenes from the school were totally funny though!
  13. Jan 5, 2011
    The movie is BRILLIANT! I am a guy who doesn't visit big screens much at all but I saw this one TWICE! The stereoscopy was brilliant! The background score,facial acting(animation),the characters everything was SUPER AMAZING! This movie (in 3d) is seriously like a ride which you would like to ride on again and again,irrespective of its story,because any UBER FUN ride doesn't require a story anyways.People might have totally opposite reviews regarding the story but I loved it as the FUN totally synchronized with how the movie progressed.Its a must see for all ages.Enjoy the super EVIL Megamind! Expand
  14. Feb 25, 2011
    This movie is hilarious! Will Ferrell is hilarious, and I'm being serious! I don't think he has been this funny since Elf as far as his cleaner films go; if you like some of his raunchier films then you might disagree with me on that. But in all seriousness, the humour is pretty off the wall and fast paced; the off the wall description might not be all that descriptive, but the lines are like, "Okay now let's continue with some witty banter, you first.....Ahhhhhh!.....Hmmmm, I don't really know where to go with that". Basically it's a fun film, what might look like a lesser comedy/animated flick is suprisingly clever and worth the $19.99 I spent to buy it when all the other copies were rented out at all the Redboxes and Blockbusters (and when I say Blockbusters, I mean Blockbuster). So, to sum it up: Overall: It is a funny Will Ferrell movie, not THE funniest comedy ever or anything, but it made me laugh and my taste in humour is along the lines of Monty Python and Bill Murray; hope that helps. Signature 9/10 SS Expand
  15. Apr 1, 2011
    This movie was great I had a lot of fun with it!!! In my opinion it's a instant classic and I hope they make a second part and dnt give me the mediocre crap this movie was funny and well worth watching and owning on DVD! Some people just need a sence of humor
  16. Oct 6, 2011
    Quite nice, every parts, the animations, and what I care the most, the history ! Wich fits quite well, and lets us take a lesson from it, Megamind was the movie that got my full attention, it's simply a Super Villain & Super Hero movie like I never seen before, with a completely different structure.
  17. Dec 10, 2011
    it is a good movie i think animations have really shown them self over the years there are more animations and better animations. Great cast i think they all did a good job working on this movie both i think these movies can be a great evolution in the movie industry the movie industry has changed over the past years movie's have been rude and crude, but i think this kind of movie's could really change or history. I'm not saying every movie has to be a children's movie but i am still saying movie's could tune down their profanity Expand
  18. May 2, 2012
    This is a perfect kid movie very enjojable.
  19. Jul 4, 2013
    "Megamind" is a movie that's funny, entertaining, and heartwarming, combined with a unique setting and extremely well voiced characters that were likeable and wanaged to be memorable without ever feeling forced. One of the best animated movies in recent memory.

1. Reviewed by: Roger Moore
    Dec 15, 2010
    The voice casting is on the money and these funny people - and I'm including Pitt, who plays this sort of self-mocking Adonis well, even in animated form - make this cute comedy come off.
  2. Reviewed by: Steven Rea
    Dec 15, 2010
    Megamind has momentum and dazzle.
  3. Reviewed by: James Berardinelli
    Dec 15, 2010
    Megamind is largely what one might expect from an animated movie featuring a number of notable comedians in voice roles: an amusing diversion.