Newmarket Films | Release Date: March 16, 2001
Universal acclaim based on 1071 Ratings
1,000
Watch Now
HotelCentralFeb 22, 2016
It's usually a bad sign when I'm an hour into a film and I still don't give a darn about the characters, the story, or whether I ever wait around long enough to see how the film ends, and that's where I turned off Memento.

I'm afraid that

I'm afraid that the Baltimore Sun has it right: "The dramatic content in Memento is as blank as Leonard's post-traumatic mental state."

I mean, if the guy gets into a conversation that runs on too long he forgets how it started, and why, and who exactly it is that he's talking to. So how does someone with this much of a challenge remain determined to get revenge on the guy who killed his wife? He can't even remember that he's out to take revenge. And, OK, I've read here and there that some earth-shaking twist awaits me further ahead, but I'm not going to sit around for another half hour waiting for the real "shocker" to arrive.

Thanks, but I'll read the spoilers.
NazguleroNov 29, 2010
I now know what is wrong with Christopher Nolan movies. The characters are lifeless. They are not real people. There is no vulnerability, no character development, the dialogue is static and robotic. No real person speaks like that. I can seeI now know what is wrong with Christopher Nolan movies. The characters are lifeless. They are not real people. There is no vulnerability, no character development, the dialogue is static and robotic. No real person speaks like that. I can see the intention to create depths in the characters, but this is clearly not the way to do it. This movie is just nauseating to watch. From minute one, you see that the main character's hair is dyed...you wonder why that is. The way everyone looks is always...too deep, unreal, like they are on drugs, not connected to the real world. Expand