7.3

1. Feb 3, 2012
    Like usual, I disagree with the critics completely. In fact I was shocked to see a movie like this with a score of 26. But nonetheless, I'll tell you where I stand in regards to this movie. I believe you have to have the correct mindset and thinking ability to enjoy this movie, I'm not insulting people that don't understand it, but that's what I think. This is a very intriguing movie, that keeps you captured and thinking throughout the entire picture. As it messes with the protagonist's mind, it will do the same to you. The plot and idea behind this movie is also a plus, I enjoy a movie out of the norm, and I have to say I'm pretty sure I haven't seen anything like this before. It can get disturbing at times, but that adds to the atmosphere, which now that we're at it, is incredibly executed. I've always been a sucker for physiological thrillers/mysteries, so there's no doubt that I would give this such a high grade. But I assure you, if you like to think during a movie, and are bored of traditional, predictable clichés , I encourage you to take an hour and a half watching this. One more thing, don't be fooled by the first scene, at first I almost shut the movie off because of the terrible opening in the jungle, it seems ridiculously old and bad quality. But don't fret, wait until the good parts come, they're right around the corner.
    . . . . . . . . . . . . .BREAKDOWN:
    ||Specific Grade: 86%||Acting: 25/30||Effects: 18/20||Plot: 17/20||Sounds: 13/15||Worth Your Time: 13/15||

1. Reviewed by: Peter Debruge
    It's actually considerably better -- and far more intriguing -- than most entry-level horror pics, marrying a retro B-movie setup with the ghostly obsessions of recent Asian extreme cinema.
  2. A muddled and routine murder mystery tricked up with a science fiction gimmick that wouldn't pass muster for a "Twilight Zone" episode. The writing is poor, but the direction is even poorer. This is a film to delete from one's memory bank.
  3. Reviewed by: Tim Grierson
    While the mystery doesn't engage, Davlin keeps you off guard with his film's weird rhythms, bouncing from family drama to romance to macabre mood piece without much warning. How he and Zane manage to make such dreck almost tolerable is the real mystery here.