Columbia Pictures | Release Date: May 25, 2012
6.9
Generally favorable reviews based on 524 Ratings
WATCH NOW
wishmasterMay 30, 2012
Disappointing in almost every respect, bad special effects, bad soundtrack, bad performances, bad history, in short almost everything wrong, perhaps saved by their shared sense of humor that you produced a laugh at least one occasion.Disappointing in almost every respect, bad special effects, bad soundtrack, bad performances, bad history, in short almost everything wrong, perhaps saved by their shared sense of humor that you produced a laugh at least one occasion. otherwise this film follows the rule that if a series is "good", the trilogy is the worst thing you can do. Expand
JunghovaJun 2, 2012
Sadly a pretty weak movie with nice special effects. James Brolin was brilliant in his role, Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith both dialed in their performances..I just couldnt get into, nor buy into the story. On another note, I didnt realizeSadly a pretty weak movie with nice special effects. James Brolin was brilliant in his role, Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith both dialed in their performances..I just couldnt get into, nor buy into the story. On another note, I didnt realize the world was pining for another MiB movie.... Expand
SteBayleyJun 24, 2012
There are many things that shouldn't have happened in this world, Nazi Germany, Mai Lai you can now add Men In Black 3 to that list. A film which should have been dumped somewhere in 2004's movie schedule. But instead trumps everyone andThere are many things that shouldn't have happened in this world, Nazi Germany, Mai Lai you can now add Men In Black 3 to that list. A film which should have been dumped somewhere in 2004's movie schedule. But instead trumps everyone and comes in 10 year after the last time (Which I quite enjoyed). It's not a good sign that the filmmakers stopped production 1/2 way through because they discovered that this piece of **** doesn't make sense. Jolly Will Smith then steps in to save the day with this god-awful time travel plot. The story has more holes then a sieve. Arrr and it cost so much money, $225million and for what? Will Smiths wage? There is no big time action set pieces and shoddy CGI. And it has the campiest villain since Battlefield Earth. Expand
ascoltami86May 17, 2013
just horrible.
KidoMay 25, 2012
Except for the J and K, acting of every other character is a pain to watch. The plot is even more shallow than you would expect for an MIB movie. The ending "secret" which is suppose to be shocking, tear bringing or whatever , is totallyExcept for the J and K, acting of every other character is a pain to watch. The plot is even more shallow than you would expect for an MIB movie. The ending "secret" which is suppose to be shocking, tear bringing or whatever , is totally bland and feels irrelevant, because the movie has not take time to build the story up to support such plot twist - therefore the audiences would feel minimal emotional involvement toward the climax.

The action scene and special effect which suppose to be the selling point is nothing noteworthy. The style and theme are suppose to pay homage to the '70 feel, but all they achieve is a superficial and cheesy re-imagining.
AmigianJun 14, 2012
This is not the worst movie I have ever seen, though probably the worst that cost triple million figures to make. I don't know where that money went, since the special effects seem to have escaped from some flick from the mid to late 90s,This is not the worst movie I have ever seen, though probably the worst that cost triple million figures to make. I don't know where that money went, since the special effects seem to have escaped from some flick from the mid to late 90s, that hand-palm CG looked no better than Scorpion's "Get over here" deal from the Mortal Kombat movie! Of course, special effects aren't the only limiting factor of any movie, but MIB III does no better on the acting or story front - Will Smith seems so subdued and robotic I found myself looking at the back of his neck for a body-snatching Alien, alas nothing doing. I doubt any intelligent actor who read the script would sign on unless a giant sack with a dollar sign was involved...hey, wait a minute, maybe that is where those hundreds of millions went! Apart from Lee Jones and Brolin, all the other actors were unfamiliar to me, most couldn't act a dime, and I am guessing the producers cheaped out on the rest of the cast because of you know...the matter of Smith's fee. The plot involving time travel is trite, underwhelming, cliche ridden...most of the effects laden action happens in the fist half of the proceedings, and then in the second things almost slow down to a crawl through Molasses, with no witty jokes, interesting exposition, good banter or anything, if by this point you haven't escaped to the Lobby and decide to stick it out you find the situation doesn't improve and the whole thing fizzles to a less than lukewarm climax. What interested me with the movie was it cribbed from some unlikely movies I have seen like Fright Night Part 2 (1988), Dead Heat (1988), and
Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey to name but a few, however MIB III doesn't even have half the energy of those movies. Most non discriminating viewers will probably have an okay time with it, it isn't out-rightly unpleasant or anything, but every aspect of the movie is so flat and dull, it tries for a sense of whimsy & wonderment but the movie is constantly at war with its own half-hardheartedness and sadly loses.
jasonwMay 26, 2012
Oh my... what a waste of time! I hoped MIB3 would amazed me, it did, but in a total opposite way. The story line could not excite me in any way, 3D viewing experience was almost the worst I have seen, there is no point to watch the 3D versionOh my... what a waste of time! I hoped MIB3 would amazed me, it did, but in a total opposite way. The story line could not excite me in any way, 3D viewing experience was almost the worst I have seen, there is no point to watch the 3D version even you are a fan of Will Smith. Overall it is a boring movie and I should have chosen to watch The Dictator or even to watch The Avengers is better than this. Expand
BrianMcCriticMar 14, 2013
This was a cash grab and should have never been made. There is to much talent for a movie this bad. More than the other two the aliens in this movie are extremely annoying.
MovieManiac83Apr 23, 2015
The problem with some franchises is that the studios don't know when it's time to quit. The lackluster nature of Men in Black II should have been a hint to Sony that the Men in Black series had run its course. Now, at least ten years beyondThe problem with some franchises is that the studios don't know when it's time to quit. The lackluster nature of Men in Black II should have been a hint to Sony that the Men in Black series had run its course. Now, at least ten years beyond the "sell by" date, along comes Men in Black III. This sequel is so lifeless and pointless that it moves beyond "unnecessary" into the realm of "unwanted" and "insulting." The public's lack of enthusiasm for this movie is matched only by the apparent disinterest evident in the production. Those who don't understand what it means for an actor to "sleepwalk" through a performance need only watch Men in Black III; there's no shortage of examples.

If there's a bright spot to be found in Men in Black III, it's Josh Brolin, whose dead-on impersonation of Tommy Lee Jones makes the real actor seem like an imposter. Brolin seems to be having fun, which is more than can be said about the people sitting in theater seats enduring this **** There's also something odd about Jones' make-up job. It's unclear whether it's intended to make him look older or younger. The actor is 65; we learn that K is supposedly 72. It makes no sense, however, that latex applications would be used to add seven years to Jones' age. The end result is that the actor looks like a waxwork from Madame Tussauds that has been left out in the sun too long and is starting to melt.

Visually, Men in Black III looks like it was made on a budget roughly equivalent to that of The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel. The CGI is awful, the "creature effects" are about 30 years out-of-date, and the 3-D is an abomination. It's inexplicable why anyone thought Men in Black III would be improved by the darkening and blurriness that accompanies a poor post-production conversion, but that's the case here. All the usual problems with inept 3-D are in evidence. (The company to do the work on Men in Black III is reportedly the same one that botched Clash of the Titans and The Green Lantern.) Still, considering the quality of the project, this isn't a case where it's better avoiding the surcharge and seeing the 2-D version; this is a case where it's better avoiding it in any D.

Most summers, there's a sequel that underperforms relative to expectations. My money is on Men in Black III for 2012. It's hard to imagine how any movie-goer could legitimately claim to be entertained by this mess. The action is sloppy and limited. The comedy is perfunctory. The lack of energy and craftsmanship is shocking. It's a poor option, even as a temporary diversion. (To add insult to injury, there is no post-credits Easter egg.) Men in Black III is to this franchise what Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was to that one. It's hard to be more definitive about how this movie experience plays out.