tbd

No user score yet- Awaiting 1 more rating

1. Feb 23, 2013
    Meskada is another direct-to-video feature I knew nothing about ahead of time. I choose it because the story sounded interesting and I love the cast. In these cases, the film is usually hit or miss, with no in-between. In the case of Meskada, it's definitely a hit! The story follows a local detective, investigating the death of a child, during a home invasion. What makes Meskada differentMeskada is another direct-to-video feature I knew nothing about ahead of time. I choose it because the story sounded interesting and I love the cast. In these cases, the film is usually hit or miss, with no in-between. In the case of Meskada, it's definitely a hit! The story follows a local detective, investigating the death of a child, during a home invasion. What makes Meskada different from the rest is that 15 minutes into the film, you know who did it and why, it's not a mystery. Nick Stahl who I usually don't like and Jonathan Tucker who I've always liked are both fantastic in this film. It's roles that neither is really used to playing and both stepped up to the challenge. The story wasn't all that strong, but the acting was, and what I really liked about this film is how it came at a common story in an unconventional way. It's defiantly worth checking out! Expand
  2. Jul 21, 2011
    Worst piece of crap I have ever seen. The acting (other then Nick Stahl) was painful to watch. The move itself was incredibly boring Looked up to see who made the movie and there were several "producers" which is always a bad sign. One of them (obviously an ego-maniac) was even in the movie (an even worse sign). I want those 90 minutes of my life back.
tbd

No score yet - based on 3 Critics

1. Reviewed by: Mark Keizer
    Dec 7, 2010
    Sternfeld's depiction of small town life feels completely inauthentic at almost every level.
  2. Reviewed by: Phil Coldiron
    Dec 6, 2010
    Sternfield's direction isn't spry enough to handle the abrupt shift in genre when this moves from detective tale to social-problem film, and things bottom out with a town hall meeting tepidly shot as courtroom drama that stops the story's momentum dead in its tracks and leaves Meskada limping through its last half-hour.
  3. Reviewed by: Mark Olsen
    Dec 6, 2010
    A piece filled with well-drawn characters and steadily building tensions, a story told in an economical, unshowy way, but as a whole, the movie never quite builds a solid momentum or finds a true sense of purpose.