8.1

1. Sep 29, 2013
    Amazing concert footage filled with state of the art sound and 3D, while using it beautifully. the band is on fire and they are at the top of their game. This is all mixed with a story line full of symbolism about human nature and a young man's trip (pun intended) into his own subconscious. Definitely recommended for Metallica or heavy metal fans and anyone who likes new things and live music.
  2. Sep 27, 2013
    Its really awesome and brilliant. Seems like masterpiece. Sound quality was really great, feels like you were really on that concert and song list was put together really cleverly You should recommend it to all your friends!
  3. Lom
    Sep 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Here in Ukraine, I had such a great opportunity to see Metallica almost live in the real arena. Something that does usually happen here. I think that everything was made with a good sense of style and no cheese. Really I have nothing bad to say about the movie. All is great. The best part for was the credits part in the end with them playing Orion for the empty arena. Very, very touching. Couldn't help not thinking about the tragic loss of Cliff. Thanks, Metallica for this risky try using only your resources. Hope it will be fully paid off. Expand
  4. Sep 27, 2013
    Dane DeHaan plays Trip, a skateboard-and-hoodie type, tasked with picking up a mysterious bag left behind by the band earlier in the day. His surreal trip across the city, interrupted by car crashes, riots and more, functions as both a linking device and a music-video accompaniment to the set. DeHaan looks like Alden Ehrenreich, who in turns looks like Leonardo DiCaprio, which is a niceDane DeHaan plays Trip, a skateboard-and-hoodie type, tasked with picking up a mysterious bag left behind by the band earlier in the day. His surreal trip across the city, interrupted by car crashes, riots and more, functions as both a linking device and a music-video accompaniment to the set. DeHaan looks like Alden Ehrenreich, who in turns looks like Leonardo DiCaprio, which is a nice prize in the genetic lottery.
    The result is what every concert movie strives for the sense of being there, but with a far better view than you could ever actually afford. And the roadie's tale, while not the most meaningful plot, makes an excellent counterpoint to the music. The music which, as I mentioned, I love.
  5. Oct 16, 2013
    I had high expectations for this film. When I finally got to view it my expectations were met and far surpassed. Watching Metallica: Through the Never was a joyous use of an hour and a half of my life. I expected nothing more than just a Metallica concert, only on film. What it turned out to be was an AWESOME concert in the most badass arena I've ever seen with some of Metallica's greatestI had high expectations for this film. When I finally got to view it my expectations were met and far surpassed. Watching Metallica: Through the Never was a joyous use of an hour and a half of my life. I expected nothing more than just a Metallica concert, only on film. What it turned out to be was an AWESOME concert in the most badass arena I've ever seen with some of Metallica's greatest hits all intertwined with a side story that was actually really good! The visual style of the side story segments is what really blew me away. The entire movie is just amazing eye and ear candy! I got what I wanted and a bucket load more. 3D may not be that great but I don't care for 3D anyway. Everything in this film is PERFECT (exceptnot finding out what was in that damn bag!). A must watch for Metallica fans and in my opinion, everyone else as well. Expand
  6. Oct 14, 2013
    Outstanding concert footage. Metallica guys look like the early days. The imax experience is stunning. The plot practically useless is just an excuse to give this guys the chance to show the entire world that they're the best in what they do. Who loves Metallica and rock music in general shouldn't loose the possibility to spend an hour and an half headbanging on a seat with a remarkableOutstanding concert footage. Metallica guys look like the early days. The imax experience is stunning. The plot practically useless is just an excuse to give this guys the chance to show the entire world that they're the best in what they do. Who loves Metallica and rock music in general shouldn't loose the possibility to spend an hour and an half headbanging on a seat with a remarkable concert that will pump fast through the veins. m/ Collapse
  7. Dec 26, 2013
    If you need louder sound go to control panel, sound, adjust system volume, speakers, enhancements, equalizer, powerful its the loudest setting.

The Movie Was Fantastic!
  8. chw
    Jul 17, 2014
    It's pretty impressive how they made this film, although, I tend to lower a movie's rating when the movie was not what I expected, and that's why I rated this a 7.
  9. Oct 30, 2013
    This is simply one of the finest concert productions I've ever seen! Never mind the dull "story," The 'tallica boys are in top form all throughout. This is a must-watch for all metalheads.
  10. Jan 27, 2014
    The concert itself is a ten straight. But the story it's non-existant, so that's a zero. Result: Five (Six because of the music). Don't advertise a concert film as "an exciting thriller with Metallica Soundtrack" if it's just another live recording (A magnificent one, I must say). Sorry, Metallica, you failed me this time.
  11. Oct 7, 2013
    While the narrative component is disjointed and a slightly annoying interruption between scenes of Metallica doing what they do best, as well as those live portions not being quite as immersive as the experience I had watching U2's spectacular U23D live film, Metallica Through The Never is still a must-see for fans. Between the big screen presentation, phenomenal sound mix, and a properlyWhile the narrative component is disjointed and a slightly annoying interruption between scenes of Metallica doing what they do best, as well as those live portions not being quite as immersive as the experience I had watching U2's spectacular U23D live film, Metallica Through The Never is still a must-see for fans. Between the big screen presentation, phenomenal sound mix, and a properly loud volume level, it's unquestionably the next best thing to attending an actual Metallica show.  Expand
  12. Sep 30, 2013
    This movie is basically just a filmed concert, with a few extra special effects. Nothing more to add, really. No meaningful plot, no distinctive visuals. If you love Metallica songs or at least hard rock, and you feel perfectly fine about listening them for 1.5 hours, then this movie is for you. If not well, you better not waste your money on it. Also, the movie wins almost nothing fromThis movie is basically just a filmed concert, with a few extra special effects. Nothing more to add, really. No meaningful plot, no distinctive visuals. If you love Metallica songs or at least hard rock, and you feel perfectly fine about listening them for 1.5 hours, then this movie is for you. If not well, you better not waste your money on it. Also, the movie wins almost nothing from 3D, so you can watch it in 2D without losing anything (if such version exists). Expand
  13. Oct 4, 2013
    The trailer looks cool. I like the kid, but metallica can go suck balls. If this is some sort of pathetic attempt by metallica to regain some sort of notoriety, then they can go fade into obscurity. The movie itself looks interesting, and the trailer seems high quality from what i can tell.
  14. Oct 15, 2013
    One of the best movies ever made. First the tecnical side. Saw this at the IMAX 3D screen in Sheffield England. The sound was amazing, clear and sharp and so loud that i was told that this was the first movie to break the speakers and had to be fixed. And the 3D, OH MY GOD, it was the best 3D film that i have ever seen. It really felt that toy were there it was that good. Just wished thatOne of the best movies ever made. First the tecnical side. Saw this at the IMAX 3D screen in Sheffield England. The sound was amazing, clear and sharp and so loud that i was told that this was the first movie to break the speakers and had to be fixed. And the 3D, OH MY GOD, it was the best 3D film that i have ever seen. It really felt that toy were there it was that good. Just wished that all 3D films were that good. The clarity was amazing. But the movie itself was better than i was hoping for. The concert bits were really enjoyable being a Metallica fan iloved it all. And the surreal storyline that leaves you thinking WHAT! was as good as the concert bits. This movie is better then the Some kind of monster documentary that they did. So inclosing if you are a Metallica fan, a metal fan or just want to see something interesting then go see this movie because it will not have the same impact on DVD that it has on a IMAX 3D screen. Expand
  15. Mar 20, 2014
    Just Fu@k!ng WICKED! The sound is second to none. Cannot wait to experience it again. This is not just another concert video, it is nothing short of stunning. Every single Metallica fan out there, prepare to be amazed. Turn it UP!!!!!
  16. Nov 14, 2013
    it is just brilliant, awesome and amazing, because this is MetallicA
    i love the band and i think every one who saw this movie will become metallica fan because
    they play from the heart, and it will goes to any heart
  17. May 27, 2014
    More of a super long music video then a movie. For the first portion of the movie the concert footage out weighed the 'story footage' but that changed soon enough and provided a unique theatrical experience.

1. Reviewed by: Andrew Lowry
    Oct 5, 2013
    It’s a histrionic distraction from the band doing their thing. Watch "Some Kind Of Monster" instead.
  2. Reviewed by: Paul MacInnes
    Oct 5, 2013
    In between songs there's a movie within a movie as Dane DeHaan silently takes on the forces of anarchy on behalf of the band. Awesome.
  3. Reviewed by: David Gritten
    Oct 4, 2013
    Their fans will love the efficient, well-shot concert scenes: but its woeful parallel story suggests bands like Metallica are rarely more than one remove from Spinal Tap.