7.7

1. Mar 13, 2013
    What an all round great movie Totally unknown but thanks to an airing on uk freeview might just be about to take off! Highly innovative steam punk revenge! The French humour translates to English tastes everything about this film is superb. Off to Amazon to buy a copy- this is one to watch time and time again!

A masterpiece!
  2. Oct 31, 2011
    Sadly, pretty much every movie by Jean-Pierre Jeunet after his uber-successful "Amelie" seems to be rather underappreciated, and Micmacs is no different -- it certainly didn't get any wide release where I live.

In short, it's a charming story, it features Jeunet's trademark visual style, and is certainly worth watching. I don't agree with one of the previous reviewers that it is
    "emotionally empty", but I would go as far as calling it rather naive, which matters especially since there is some kind of moral undercurrent running throughout the movie. Then again, most mainstream movies are not particularly deep, and at least Micmacs contains great visuals and excellent acting, so I'm inclined to (almost) unconditionally recommend it. Expand

An intricate and daft tale of love, family and revenge.
  2. The whole thing is such a rare visual treat -- such a tres magnifique cinematic spectacle -- that those flaws are easy to overlook. Jeunet's film is hard to resist.
  3. Reviewed by: Dan Jolin
    Jeunet himself describes the film best: Delicatessen meets Amélie. But we'd add that, while it's certainly breezy fun, it's not quite as good as either.